This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - brightberry
Filter to certain boards:
Pages:  2 3 ... 70
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
Love it! I honestly didn't like the wrapping at all. But now that I've seen this, I want to try it.
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »
I love Peter Pan. I'm so glad you got her. If I had never come across my Pan, I wouldn't have gotten into Pullips... but those brown eyes stole my heart.
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
Wow! Shortyboo has amazing skills! Those dresses are beautiful.
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:53:56 AM »
I do like that Abbey!
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:39:40 PM »
I didn't want one for the longest time. Then I discovered they can give directions and that was too tempting.
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:07:46 PM »
- Eye wonk - I can tolerate varying degrees of wonk, but the ones that are really, really bad and appear on an entire release of the doll in that line make me so sad. FdC Rochelle, for example. It was so hard to find one of her dolls without wonk because they stretched the screen too large for the moulded eyes.
- Minidresses - A minidress now and then is fine, but I miss the detailed outfits that the dolls had when I first started getting into the line. Lots of details and layering pieces and skirts and pants and so on. They still sometimes have the occasional interesting design, but there are so. Many. Minidresses. With big plastic necklaces or the like on top.
- Unpainted accessories/shoes - This is another thing that just kills me. So many accessories now will have awesome details like gems or shoes with buckles and lacing, but they're not painted, so they disappear into the mass of plastic. I have taken to adding painted details myself, just so they look nicer.
- Box hair - Whether this means hair that has gotten crimped by being held down by rubberbands, hair that is oily/greasy from glue-head, or a destroyed style caused by the packaging in general, it makes me so sad.
- Misleading prototype photos/last-minute production changes - Things like the decision to eliminate Kiyomi's earrings, for example. Some of the changes are positive, but generally, I end up disappointed rather than pleasantly surprised by the last-minute changes.
Haha... all of this!
I'm finding some of my older dolls are getting gluey and I'm going to have to deal with them soon. Poor Robecca.
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:20:45 PM »
« on: December 21, 2016, 11:32:58 AM »
« on: December 18, 2016, 02:52:29 PM »
Dragon Games!! Other loves
Signature and HatasticLeast Favorite
Epic Winter and Budget Ballet
Though, I do like Blondie from Epic Winter, I don't think I will be buying her.
She just doesn't seem to fit in.
« on: December 18, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »
My TRU redid their toy section and they left out both MH and EAH. Instead, they have an entire isle dedicated to American Girl. It was neat to see those dolls in person, but I was sad about the loss of EAH.
« on: December 18, 2016, 02:04:59 PM »
Frankie: She has such a nice, classic look. She reminds me of old movies.
Cleo: I love her ancient theme and especially her eyeliner.
Clawdeen: That cute nose! And those ears! I also love her yellow eyes.
Howleen: Too cute.
Spectra: I didn't like her at first... but she just grew on me. I think she looks like a 60s diva
Twyla: Her haunted version is one of the prettiest dolls ever.
Scarah: No eyes? Awesome!
Deuce: I really like his face and snake hair.
So after this there are many dolls I still love, but they're not my "favorites" and there are too many to name.
Want to like:
Reboot dolls. I actually like them on their own. But when compared to my older dolls, they just look bland.
Neighthan Rot: I love the idea of him. But that exposed muscle really creeps me out.
Gil: He looks grumpy.
Skelita: I still love her character and even her face up, but that exposed backbone bothers me.
« on: December 18, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »
Abbie and Jinafire.
I love the old Abbie's hair and Jinafire's Gloom and Bloom is one of my very favorite dolls.
« on: December 07, 2016, 09:10:02 PM »
I feel awful that I can't bring myself to buy the new dolls and just haven't been coming around any more.
I don't actually hate the new ones. They just don't interest me as much and I don't know why.
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:33:16 PM »
I really love the coffin bean set. Lots of display space.
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
Abbey and Twyla! I love Abbey's skin color and Haunted Twyla is one of my favorite dolls.
« on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:32 PM »
She's gorgeous! And so glad to hear she makes you happy. Kitties are the best.
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »
Frankie and Venus. Frankie does have a beautiful face and color scheme and I've always loved Venus and her vines.
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:15 AM »
Wow! So many dollies!
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »
Wet! I love both spring and fall because of the nice temperatures. But Summer is way too hot and winter's days are too short.
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:46:46 AM »
Spectra and Toralei! Spectra was my most desired mh doll, when they showed up in stores, and Toralei is just awesome as a doll, as well as a character.