collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Author Topic: Fakies! Thread 2.0  (Read 110466 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Re: Fakies! Thread 2.0
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
What about the little kitties? Is there a source for them?
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 11, 2016, 03:39:45 PM »
Depends on how tall the EQG minis are.  These dolls are only 5 inches tall.  I don't have any EQG minis to compare them with :(

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2016, 06:48:13 AM »
Minis are about the same size from bottom of the feet till ear tips. The body is around 3.15 inches tall.
The neck might need some modding to hold the fakie head.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:53:25 AM by Ackryllis »

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »
Wuvmykitties! I've been searching for you! I have a customized Fakie doll that I want to gift to you if you'll let me. I feel like you'd give her a good home. Or, if you prefer, an uncustomized fakie. I kinda went nuts at Dollar General.

I mean, if you're interested. Like I said, gift.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2016, 08:52:39 PM »
Yes you can get them here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Fashion-toys-Popular-catwalk-kitties-dolls-plastic-girls-gift-toys-7-INCH-vinyl-doll-toys/32583253730.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.26.x2SUtw&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201602_3_10017_10005_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_508_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_7&btsid=109b0ce3-4700-48da-90fb-601d96e3bd07

Now the only other question is if Equestria Girls Minis bodies work for these.
What other people said... I don't have Equestrians, but I have seen them at the store and I don't think they would look too strange... but OTOH, the vastly different styles might make them look very odd...

ALSO OMG MINI HEAVEN! for what it looks, that store has mermaids, catwalk kittties, Monster High AND Novis! :0

Offline Ackryllis

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:30 AM »
A very rough estimate between a catwalk mini and EQ mini.

I based it to the measurements provided and to the picture Loona had earlier posted. I think the kittie head could be bigger than I pictured here.

How the swap might look
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Also EQminis don't have the same style neck joint as fashion dolls. You'll most likely have to cut into the head.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:15:27 AM by Ackryllis »

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 13, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »
Wuvmykitties! I've been searching for you! I have a customized Fakie doll that I want to gift to you if you'll let me. I feel like you'd give her a good home. Or, if you prefer, an uncustomized fakie. I kinda went nuts at Dollar General.

I mean, if you're interested. Like I said, gift.

It depends on the fakie. :)  I will PM you. :)

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 17, 2016, 07:39:09 PM »
So I'm selling my Fakies in my sales thread  :blush:
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Buchiu

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2016, 08:46:13 PM »
I wanted to share more fakies I've seen on the russian forum :)

Also, I love these fakies:

From the style of make up that the wolf has, I think it's from the same brand that makes the dark lips frankie and draculaura fakies in colors that look almost black

Found new frightmare fakies :)

also I found this pic at russian olx...

There's a fakie of someone's custom, the panda one...they also made another fakie of the same customizer's creations
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:45:38 PM by Buchiu »

Offline Buchiu

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2016, 12:37:20 AM »
Maybe I should merge these comments but I wanted to keep this specific comment apart from the one with pics.

Have any of you fellow fakie fans thought about the toxicity of counterfeit MH dolls? Honestly I never did until today, but I don't mind to be honest because I don't think all the fakies have and even if they did it would be in small %. or at least that's what I wanna believe.

Today I read some very old news about my city. In 2012 near christmas there were impounded counterfeit monster high things...

408 fake merch such as bags, mugs, diaries and things like that (valued at US$814 )
9.600 Mint in box bootlegs (valued at US$ 9.952,80 )
1.600 Sally girl high (fakies too) (no value mentioned)

December 2014, 580 sets were impounded and valued at US$ 27.180,00

I'm just very impressed at the numbers O_o

Offline empirical

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • a morbid beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2016, 04:53:00 AM »
Found new frightmare fakies :)

I'd actually bet money that's an avea fakie. She has articulation, body detail, the tail wrap, "real" hair in her tail, a cloth shirt, and avea's corset belt and shin guards...

I'd love to have one.
giant killer ants never wear hats

swagbucks referral link

Offline Ackryllis

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2016, 06:17:41 AM »
Finally a new colour Avea! It could be given a Abbey head and the white clawdeen head could be sold for a nice prize. BUHAHAHHAA!!!

Maybe I should merge these comments but I wanted to keep this specific comment apart from the one with pics.

Have any of you fellow fakie fans thought about the toxicity of counterfeit MH dolls? Honestly I never did until today, but I don't mind to be honest because I don't think all the fakies have and even if they did it would be in small %. or at least that's what I wanna believe.
Fakies are cheaper because they are made off cheaper likely more toxic ingridients and don't usually go through safety regulations that regular MH dolls go through. Thus it is possible for them to be toxic. Some shouldn't actually be marketed as toys so that's why a lot of fakies are sold at fleamarkets.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
That Frightmare does look like an Avea fakie.
And those 6 packs....WANT!!!

Why does Russia get all the cool fakies?  :cry:

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »

The biggest concerns with counterfeit and bootleg toys are choking hazards (due to breaking parts that haven't been tested and approved) and chemical toxicity.  Although as an adult collector you're probably not worried about choking on any parts, the two most common toxic chemicals used in bootleg toy production are lead (in paint) and cadmium (in paint and plastic).  Both of these chemicals, when you're exposed to them, never leave your body and have a cumulative effect over years of exposure.  That's why it's so vital that children's toys don't have them.  Again, as an adult the amount of exposure you get and the effects it have on you are minimized compared to small, growing children who like to put things in their mouths. But I'd highly recommend not giving bootlegs/knockoffs/fakies to children and to limit your exposure to their painted parts.  (My biggest concern here is people who customize fake dolls and strip the paint with acetone....please use gloves and a respirator for your own safety!)
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:33 PM »
I am wary of the ones who smell strongly (Which fortunately, hasn't happened with doll fakies)

The "Inner Fashion" ones are creeeeeeeeeepy! (Porcelain doll creepy). Avea frightmare is cute! but yeah, she needs a head swap. Either Abbey or maybe the CMC Sea Monster might be the better candidates(Or Una verse, to make her *really* freaky). It would be interesting to know if the head is Clawdeen's, Avea's, or an enlarged Frightmare.

I feel sort of bad for the person whose PAnda they stole... but that pack also has a fakie Skelita, so no gonna lie, I would get it.

Offline Buchiu

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2016, 12:08:16 AM »
I would buy the pack too xD
strangely I don't feel bad about the panda fakie, I would probably buy it for the fakie-ness more than becaue it's an oc from that customizer (I remember he did jasper the clown, bo who I think is abbey's brother? and a chubby MH that looks more pregnant than chubby sadly  :cry: )

about the frightmare, I think 13 wishes lagoona could be...

or the 3 eyed ghoul  :P wouldn't that add even more freakyness to it??

Offline Ackryllis

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2016, 06:30:49 AM »
So many head choices, but her own head is definately a Clawdeen mold. I wonder why they didn't use Aveas own head mold since fakey makers have used it before. Guess they're being stingy.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2016, 07:35:49 AM »
I am wary of the ones who smell strongly (Which fortunately, hasn't happened with doll fakies)
I feel sort of bad for the person whose PAnda they stole... but that pack also has a fakie Skelita, so no gonna lie, I would get it.

Hokey smoke, I didn't even notice the Panda fakie!  Now I REALLY want it!!!  Dang you Russian stores!!!

:::Minor rant:::
I would love to know...why do these Russian stores NOT ship internationally?  And why do some not even ship to all of Russia?  I can't understand why these Ardana Girl dolls are never found on Aliexpress or Taobao.  (And believe me I've waded thru tons of pages of dolls there!)
I did notice the manufacturer's name is (?) Dongguan Toy Factory in China.  But I think you have to place a large order with them (grrr).  I'm really sick of seeing them only available to one country. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:01:09 AM by Wuvmykitties »