collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Fakies! Thread 2.0  (Read 68021 times)

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Fakies! Thread 2.0
« Reply #780 on: September 08, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »
It would be awesometastic if they let you have any mold in any color you wanted...(I would totally get either the CAM dragon or Jinafira in the colors of the rainbow :p )

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #781 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Unfortunately, it's more like "Here are the doll heads I smuggled out of work, which one do you want?" than custom order. :<

I'd totally love a GG Spectra-match/white-shimmer Jinafire or Catrine. Mmmmnyesh.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 10, 2017, 07:12:33 AM »
Similarly, I found a lot of "factory seconds" and random rooting tests on Taobao a while back if anyone wants links. I guess they kind of fall under the fakie label, since they're not from official channels, and often have random hair colours (I found a spectra who had been given crazy Guan Yu eyebrows and a beard, even LOL).

Mostly, they were selling random choice heads, but I found a few that let you specify what you wanted. I bought a bunch of SW Catrines to work on my rebodied cat army. I need to finish that project. <_<;;

Catrine Heads - Taobao Lot by Lhia, on Flickr

Lhia, I would "wuv" to have links to them!  You can PM me if you prefer. :)
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #783 on: September 11, 2017, 01:26:03 AM »
Similarly, I found a lot of "factory seconds" and random rooting tests on Taobao a while back if anyone wants links. I guess they kind of fall under the fakie label, since they're not from official channels, and often have random hair colours (I found a spectra who had been given crazy Guan Yu eyebrows and a beard, even LOL).

Mostly, they were selling random choice heads, but I found a few that let you specify what you wanted. I bought a bunch of SW Catrines to work on my rebodied cat army. I need to finish that project. <_<;;

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=547167680520&_u=b22hb42l62a4

That's the listing I bought from! They've added a lot more heads since I last bought from them a few months ago, I might have to make another order! Their shop has a lot of other parts and pieces, and cute accessories and what not:

https://youyoutoys.taobao.com/category.htm?search=y

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Create a Monster
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 12, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »

That's the listing I bought from! They've added a lot more heads since I last bought from them a few months ago, I might have to make another order! Their shop has a lot of other parts and pieces, and cute accessories and what not:

Wow! I would really like to have one of those venus heads and two of those mp heads.
ISO Cupid and operetta's rings.

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #785 on: September 12, 2017, 08:53:28 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/size]

Wow! I would really like to have one of those venus heads and two of those mp heads.

Venus is the Fierce Rocker head! I've actually been pondering buying one since I posted that link, because I have a spare body lying around somewhere and was never able to find her in Australia. :<

Offline Rhana

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 18, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »
I was browsing Wish the other day, and came across some fakies I know are sought after like Tanned Holt, White Clawdeen, and so on. :)

Tanned Holt http://www.wish.com/c/5772368310426907cee33f1c
White Clawdeen http://www.wish.com/c/575fae09de2a945def752516
GR Fakies and some others, like Jackson! http://www.wish.com/c/570f0487acf4125911804819
Avea/Clawdeen http://www.wish.com/c/575fb2d4c6a41f5dcbd345ab
Really liking this Raven http://www.wish.com/c/583e4ba4e24c5b559b4a317d
And the last one - love the one on the left, with the red highlights. <3 http://www.wish.com/c/570f17105d89b3590c03d42c

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »
Cool!  I've seen them all before on Aliexpress, but the one with Jackson, Toralei, etc. is not available there.  Maybe I can get em on Wish. 

And the funny thing about white Clawdeen was that at one time she was super hard to find.  Now I see white Clawdeen heads on Aliexpress and Wish *all the time*.  Some with hair, some without.  Go figure.

The EAH fakies in the last link - I have some of those.  They're quite cool.  More expensive than Aliexpress, but since they're not as readily available on there anymore, I guess if you were desperate you could get them here.

Update:  I found the EAH fakies 5 pack like Rhana got!  SOOOOO Happy!!!
http://www.wish.com/search/ever after high#cid=577244eb10426907a7e34183
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:05:26 PM by Wuvmykitties »

• Create a Monster
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 18, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »
Nice! Maybe we can get some 13 wishes fakies. I really like the Jackson and toralei but that is a lot of $ for a fakie.

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 18, 2017, 04:19:11 PM »
Cool!  I've seen them all before on Aliexpress, but the one with Jackson, Toralei, etc. is not available there.  Maybe I can get em on Wish. 

And the funny thing about white Clawdeen was that at one time she was super hard to find.  Now I see white Clawdeen heads on Aliexpress and Wish *all the time*.  Some with hair, some without.  Go figure.

The EAH fakies in the last link - I have some of those.  They're quite cool.  More expensive than Aliexpress, but since they're not as readily available on there anymore, I guess if you were desperate you could get them here.

Update:  I found the EAH fakies 5 pack like Rhana got!  SOOOOO Happy!!!
http://www.wish.com/search/ever after high#cid=577244eb10426907a7e34183

That's almost those. xD Mine were on MH bodies with Barbie feet. :O But cool! I like the tanned ones!

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 18, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »
Well I knew they were similar.  The tan ones are my fave too.  I can always rebody them.  I found another seller who had fakie MH bodies for free, only $3 shipping.  I picked up a white one, since I have a couple dolls who can use a white body.

Nice! Maybe we can get some 13 wishes fakies. I really like the Jackson and toralei but that is a lot of $ for a fakie.
I agree, that is high...but the ones in that set are very hard to find.  I would pay it just because I'm nuts about fakies, but I can certainly understand where you're coming from.  I've seen some 13 Wishes fakies, trying to remember if it was Aliexpress or Wish. 

I find it interesting that it seems like the Ukranian sites get the newer fakies first, and we're still seeing Ghouls Rule and 13 Wishes fakies in the US, Canada & parts of Europe.

Post Merge: September 19, 2017, 07:20:18 AM

I decided to see what else I could find on Wish today. 

Found this listing for doll clothes (unfortunately the dolls aren't included). 

https://www.wish.com/c/591a7e6ad0db18209a8d8917
Get a load of the flesh colored Frankie with fangs!  WANT!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:20:40 AM by Wuvmykitties »

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 19, 2017, 08:55:54 AM »
Was going to say she looks like Clawdeen with stitches... but another picture shows that she doesn't have the wolf ears, so  :o
Also, I have always thought the Princess Sofia fakies were kind of cute

Offline Rhana

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Rescuer of Toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 19, 2017, 09:57:52 AM »
Yeah, I saw those too. xD

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
fakey Avram trotter
« Reply #793 on: September 30, 2017, 11:06:44 AM »
Has anyone bought a Fakey Avea?  If so what did you think worth it ? I found one and am not sure should I or not ?

merging with the existing fakie thread - Melissa, Monster Discussion mod
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:40:34 AM by Melissa »

Offline Sarkans

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 02, 2017, 01:43:12 AM »
I have seen a review of fakie Avea in my native language, it was a comparison type review "fakie Avea vs real Avea". I can try to find it and translate it if you want.
Personally, I don't think such fakie is worth more than $10-$12.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2017, 07:34:14 PM »
Well I am really upset.  Today my EAH fakies 5 pack arrived, but it was different from what listed. 

I  particularly wanted this set, because it has more obscure fakies like Nina, and (I think?) the O'Hair twins....and a nice dark tan girl with gorgeous blue hair.  There aren't that many dark tan/dark skinned girls in EAH, and I thought these would be great.  While the seller did say "note:the hair and the clothes and accessories the doll wears randomly,do not be surely like the pictures " I didn't expect them to be that different.  I should've realized when they also said the "joints can be disassembled and assembled" that what would be sent wouldn't be the same.  The joints don't bother me tho. Maybe it's just me, but I still feel I was misled.  Oh well.

So, the hunt for dark skinned EAH fakies like Nina and the ones seen in the top of the pic goes on.  I already have several fakies of Apple, Raven, Briar & Maddie which is why I'm so upset.  At least I got a nice Cupid fakie, the only good thing about this.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:42:15 PM by Wuvmykitties »

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2017, 10:07:46 PM »
Dang, I can see why you're dissapointed :/
At least they have good bodies, and that Maddie looks dark skinned(Or is a trick of light?) and on the plus side, Fakies are ridiculosly easy to reeroot too.

• Create a Monster
  • MIB signature abbey
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 22, 2017, 12:51:40 AM »
That stinks. I bet they did that to hide the Ever after high logo on the box and getting sued. At least their outfits aren't trash ( by the looks of it in box ) also, how do you pay or buy stuff on the taobao website? It's all in Chinese ( I think ) and I can't understand any of it @.@

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 22, 2017, 03:19:33 AM »
Well I got these from Wish.com, which is in English, so that helps.
As for Taobao, I use Taobaonow (a shopping service) to get fakies and Google Chrome when browsing Taobao.  I think it may have an option to automatically translate pages, not sure though.

I haven't had much luck with Taobao in the last few months.  Seems like finding MH & EAH fakies is getting harder.

Here's a (hopefully) better pic of the 5 pack.  I need to debox them.  Love Cupid. :)

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 23, 2017, 09:24:20 AM »
Well I am really upset.  Today my EAH fakies 5 pack arrived, but it was different from what listed.

Ugh, I know that feeling! I bought these irridescent pearly beads from some Chinese sellers on eBay which were nothing like the colors they showed in the pictures. It's so irritating because they take fifty years to arrive, and then they're not what you anticipated, but there's virtually no such thing as customer service to complain to, and... just ugh. Stinks, just all-around craptastic. I feel you. I bet you could unload them in a sales thread pretty quickly.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?