collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
[7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Who was your first doll?  (Read 11100 times)

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
    • Revenge of the Toy Box
Re: Who was your first doll?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2015, 10:22:49 AM »
My first was the music festival Draculaura and Clawd:

Offline crimsondeity

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2015, 08:02:55 PM »
My first was original Signature Draculaura. I became aware of the line from the Dollhouse (back on the MLP Arena); only a handful of people had gotten them het, because ghe line was so new. Originally, I was just going to get Lagoona and maybe the Deuce/Cleo set. But when I went to the store, only Lala and Clawdeen were there. I decided on Lala, because wolves aren't my thing. A few days later, I picked up Frankie, Deuce and Cleo. Lagoona and Clawdeen were almost impossible to find (I was now kicking myself for not getting that first Clawdeen!), but I hunted them down a week of so later.

DotD were slowly hitting stores, and while I had initially comitted to only buying one of each character, their unique face-ups and fierce outfits won me over. After that, I gave in and bought every new release for about two years. I slowed down eventually, but I still have almost 100 dolls, and plan on adding to that!

Signature Ghoulia. I saw those Target displays with the first wave and I was like "HAHA goth dolls" and then I looked closer and was like "... unique head molds? little claws?? BALL JOINTS?" and then I went home and googled them and laughed at all the webisodes and found out that they were making Ghoulia. And I thought okay, I will get geeky zombie girl, that's all. Except she was SO RARE and going for $70+ dollars on eBay, so I was like "oh well, I don't need her after all, I guess" *sadface*

Then my roommate paid too much for her to get her for me for christmas.

And I was like "Yay! I am content. ... ... But there was that werewolf girl and the fish-girl and OH WHAT COULD IT HURT TO GET A COUPLE MORE"

If I'm not mistaken, haven't you written some of the diaries?

Offline ru-debega

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »
My first was original Signature Draculaura. I became aware of the line from the Dollhouse (back on the MLP Arena); only a handful of people had gotten them het, because ghe line was so new. Originally, I was just going to get Lagoona and maybe the Deuce/Cleo set. But when I went to the store, only Lala and Clawdeen were there. I decided on Lala, because wolves aren't my thing. A few days later, I picked up Frankie, Deuce and Cleo. Lagoona and Clawdeen were almost impossible to find (I was now kicking myself for not getting that first Clawdeen!), but I hunted them down a week of so later.

DotD were slowly hitting stores, and while I had initially comitted to only buying one of each character, their unique face-ups and fierce outfits won me over. After that, I gave in and bought every new release for about two years. I slowed down eventually, but I still have almost 100 dolls, and plan on adding to that!

Signature Ghoulia. I saw those Target displays with the first wave and I was like "HAHA goth dolls" and then I looked closer and was like "... unique head molds? little claws?? BALL JOINTS?" and then I went home and googled them and laughed at all the webisodes and found out that they were making Ghoulia. And I thought okay, I will get geeky zombie girl, that's all. Except she was SO RARE and going for $70+ dollars on eBay, so I was like "oh well, I don't need her after all, I guess" *sadface*

Then my roommate paid too much for her to get her for me for christmas.

And I was like "Yay! I am content. ... ... But there was that werewolf girl and the fish-girl and OH WHAT COULD IT HURT TO GET A COUPLE MORE"

If I'm not mistaken, haven't you written some of the diaries?

I have! But I was addicted looong before I got hired to write diaries/video games/whatever else they ask me for. I like to flatter myself that my obsessive series nerdery got me the job as much as my pro writing credentials. ;P

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I have! But I was addicted looong before I got hired to write diaries/video games/whatever else they ask me for. I like to flatter myself that my obsessive series nerdery got me the job as much as my pro writing credentials. ;P

That is so crazy cool! Which ones have you written!? :O

And out of curiosity if you don't mind answering, how did they hire you?
I am mostly found on the MLPArena these days with the lull of MH and the forums on this side. Still love the dolls though!

:kitty:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Voltageous
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Shadow on the Moon's Shop
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2015, 10:22:40 AM »
Abbey was my first doll  :) I picked her up loose off eBay and not looked back since.

Love pkw xxx

Offline ru-debega

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2015, 12:56:29 PM »

Off the top of my head, Jinafire, Skelita, 13 Wishes Howleen, Gigi Grant, Honey Swamp... I've written some other stuff, too and I feel sure I'm leaving someone out. Also some random other stuff like the Finders Creepers app and the Scare-ific Secrets book.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:58:03 PM by ru-debega »

Offline Oberon

• Freaky Fabulous
  • Geeky Just Got Fabulous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2015, 02:00:19 AM »
Pretty in Pink Barbie.   I  was 2 years old,  but I wanted her!!
Geeky Just Got Fabulous!

Offline Fairy Tale Man

• Down Undah Diva
  • Ever After High Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
My first doll ever was a Melody doll. (Ariel's daughter from Little Mermaid 2) That was a looooong time ago. xD I had to sneak it home because I didn't want my dad to find out I bought a doll. I don't have her anymore though.

Offline Oberon

• Freaky Fabulous
  • Geeky Just Got Fabulous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2015, 08:59:18 AM »
I pretended I had a textiles project from school and needed a doll to make dresses on, is how I was allowed to get an Ariel hehe
Geeky Just Got Fabulous!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2015, 10:53:38 AM »
My first doll was School's Out Frankie.  But then I sold her, and then later bought her again lol.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »

Off the top of my head, Jinafire, Skelita, 13 Wishes Howleen, Gigi Grant, Honey Swamp... I've written some other stuff, too and I feel sure I'm leaving someone out. Also some random other stuff like the Finders Creepers app and the Scare-ific Secrets book.

That is so awesome! I'm going to have to go back and read all their diaries again now!
I am mostly found on the MLPArena these days with the lull of MH and the forums on this side. Still love the dolls though!

:kitty:

Offline Snow_Leopard

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2015, 01:26:34 PM »
Sweet Screams Draculaura.
The Burton-esqueness of Sweet Screams caught me hook, line and sinker!
Timeless beauty cast in plastic.

Offline bewilderbeastie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • "Taako's good out here."
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr~
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »
Lorna McNessie. For some reason she popped up on my Tumblr dashboard at some point (might have been a pony blog I was following) and I just... fell in love. I'd seen them before in supermarkets in Italy but I'd never been bothered with them because they were expensive and I liked ponies, I didn't need any dolls (even though I remember spotting Robecca and falling in love with her because STEAMPUNK ROBOT GIRL, I still didn't get her), and I was also very, very poor at that time. Anyway, I keep a weather eye on social media and stuff to see when she's coming out in the UK and FINALLY I see she's out in Argos. I order her, all the while reassuring my mother she's the only one I'll ever get, don't worry, she's just a super cute LOCH NESS MONSTER GIRL, I HAVE to have her...

...And then I saw a secondhand Robecca. And then there was the dragon girl and the witch girl and the alligator girl and the fish girl and the plant girl and the invisible boy and oh god.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:20:03 AM by bewilderbeastie »
Looking for Scooter Ghoulia's boots, Dexter's glasses, any Gil Webber bits and pieces and Pokémon figures!

Offline NitronicZombie

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2015, 12:25:25 PM »
Signature Toralei, As a guy I've always been nervous about buying a doll but I couldn't pass up Toralei

An utter Catastrophe

Offline Crystal-Spooky

• One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Professionally broke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
I saw the first wave and DotD previewed on Dorribelle's website (I believe that she is a member here - hi!) and thought they were pretty cool and colourful and hoped that they'd come over to Australia, so I spent the next few months obsessively checking the catalogues we got in the mail until THERE THEY WERE! At Myer!
I was only going to buy Lagoona but then spied Ghoulia as well and loved her outfit and I had just enough money so....
I can vividly remember opening them in the car on the way home and being amazed by all the little accessories and neat little touches! I had just Lagoona and Ghoulia for a while and then I saw the first leaked image of Spectra (then named Spectra Von Hauntington) on MonsterHighDolls.com and she looked so gorgeous and ethereal to me. I can also remember everyone arguing over whether her limbs were actually transparent or whether that was just a reflection of the box plastic XD
When the official promo images for her and Abbey came out I found myself liking Abbey more and bought the last one on the shelf - but later received Spectra for my birthday (as well as GB Jackson)! Then came Toralei who I wound up buying on my first outing with my now-boyfriend and it just kinda went on from there as I branched out to Novi Stars and Zelfs and nearly the entire Spectra and Aurora lines (not MH Spectra or Disney Aurora, these are different) and now I have roughly 86 dolls and am completely broke - these things are addictive!
~*~ We are shooting stars ~*~

Offline leenetje

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2015, 01:33:40 AM »
I bought Scaris Skelita as a first doll, because i ran into her at a store and couldn't believe the adorable skeleton doll excisting. I kept her as my only doll for about half a year and than ran into MH reviews online because of my MLP blind bag collecting, and i have no idea who was next because it all exploded from there  ^^;

Offline Robina

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • It's Ninja Time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2015, 03:14:12 AM »
  the alligator girl

I can at least guess with the others, but who is the alligator girl? Drawing a blank!

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2015, 03:50:28 AM »
  the alligator girl

I can at least guess with the others, but who is the alligator girl? Drawing a blank!

Honey Swamp :)

or that's my thought, at least. Her original name was Allie Gator. ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:53:40 AM by dxgirly »

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2015, 07:16:37 AM »
My first doll was thee Cleo and Deuce signature release 2pack. I was only nine then and bought them with my own money at Justice. I got them because one of my friends had signature Draculaura, and I wanted one two. When I saw the two pack, I was like "two is better than one, right?" so I scooped them up. I still have them almost six years later.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal