collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Body Matches(MH, EAH, Novi, EG)  (Read 15648 times)

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
Re: Body Matches(MH, EAH, Novi, EG)
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »

Anyone know if any EAH girls would match the skin tone of this Bratz girl? I switched Selfie Snaps Cloe over to Maddie's body and I love how she looks so I'd really love to put her on one too. If no EAH would match I'd do a MH body as a second choice (maybe Howleen?).

For anyone else who's doing Bratz body swaps, Raya matches really well with Boo York Clawdeen and for EAH Briar is pretty close but a tad lighter than Raya is.

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »
Totally random, but after getting a third Disney V.I.P. doll(CeCe) for rebody purposes, I decided to check how the different head look on the body(Only the ones I had at hand, as most of my collection is currently in storage):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The bodies are obviously "normal" skintones(I have no idea how "characters" are available) so they should be ideal for rebodying EAH fakies(Which is what I plan to do) but if you're not particular about mismatchs or plan to recolor, they're also good too. They have almost the same points of articulation as MH/EAH, except the wrists, but have an additional chest articulation. Their shoes fit MH and vice versa, and the clothes are hit or miss.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 05:47:35 AM »
I'll post the comparison pictures I have unders spoilers to avoid making this thread to heavy, but to have them all under one roof

Greens (Didn't include Scarah and Frankie that day because I consider them mint, but will retake it someday)

Purples
need a new one to include FdC Twyla, Haunted Twyla, Whisp, Kala, etc

Vampires and batgirls

Twyla's different hairs and body hue

Luna Motthews and Bee Cam

Quest to find FdC Clawdeen's closest match
https://flic.kr/s/aHskhvPN3x

I'll get more later on  :biggrin:
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline galaxy

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Sister Pack
  • Jason
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »
Are we including misc dolls? (Project MC2) If so, Adrienne matches Briar and McKeyla matches Lizzie (and I'm guessing Cupid).

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »
Are we including misc dolls? (Project MC2) If so, Adrienne matches Briar and McKeyla matches Lizzie (and I'm guessing Cupid).

I don't see why not, I only used the most "common" hybrids, but now that with the new Hasbro Disney dolls, descendants, MC2 and MTM Barbies, it might be a good choice to add them to make a more complete database

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
Just to add to the list:

Nita Light doesn't match any MH or other Novi Star because of her glow in the dark vinyl. She can be colour balanced in photos to match, but in person always has a slightly off-colour tinge. Her best matches are matte white dolls rather than pearl.

Malie Tasker matches Getting Ghostly Spectra's body really nicely. I've also heard that Frostina matches GG Spectra, but will report back on that once she gets here.

Una Verse appears to be a good match to Kiyomi (I haven't rebodied her to Kiyomi yet, which is the final test; side by side, they look quite close). She's close to Abbey as well, but Abbey is a bit paler and cooler.

Ari Roma matches pretty closely to Getting Ghostly Draculaura (there's a slight difference that mostly shows up in photos; Lala is a bit paler and Ari is a tiny bit warmer).

Alie Lectric is a dead match for the Witch CAM and Venus. Casta is a smidgen darker (or I got a weird miscolour, because she's slightly darker the dolls I personally own). I need to check to see how Justina compares to all of the above.

Tula Toned isn't quite a match for the cat CAM (she's cooler, cat CAM is slightly warmer), but is the closest I've found so far. I thought about matching her with Oppie, and may still do a comparison photo later.

Mae Tallick isn't quite a match for Dracubecca (she's darker and more purple, Dracubecca is a "hotter" shade), but is the closest I've found so far, and matches Mae's theme/gimmick.

There are no matches for Vera Tabray or Mimi Merize (due to paint job) that I've found. Doe A. Deer is similar in colour to Howleen, but has white patterning, so it's not an ideal match.

Offline beautiful_monster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • I want more life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 07:19:43 PM »
Could this thread please be stickied? Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:07:41 PM by beautiful_monster »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:16 PM »

We're working on a single stickied thread which will contain links to threads such as these. :)
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline galaxy

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Sister Pack
  • Jason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 11:52:09 AM »
Camryn Coyle (MC2) matches Rosabella pretty good

Offline GreysPrincess

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Creeperific
  • More than a bit obsessed with Star Wars.
    • View Profile
    • Dollywosh- Doll Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 09:20:05 AM »
I have a question for you all that body swap: what do you do with the extra head? Do you save it or sell it or what? I'm hoping to do a couple body swaps eventually but I'm not huge on the idea of having a bunch of floating heads laying around either.

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 09:27:22 AM »
I have a question for you all that body swap: what do you do with the extra head? Do you save it or sell it or what? I'm hoping to do a couple body swaps eventually but I'm not huge on the idea of having a bunch of floating heads laying around either.
I usually just ended up throwing them out or harvesting them for scalps for cams and such.   I guess some people try to sell heads too, but I never had any luck with that.
An extra head is always great for experimentation too!  I did that before I got overwhelmed with over 10 extra heads sitting around.

Offline CinnamonQuill

• Create a Monster
  • Confirmed and serious Bunburyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »
I usually just ended up throwing them out or harvesting them for scalps for cams and such.

Throwing them o- *hyperventilates* :faint:

Offline leenetje

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »

Personally i stick the left over head on the left over body, put an outfit on that and sell that combo off cheaply or keep it around to give it to children i know who don't care. but that's just me and my enviroment.

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 02:59:09 PM »
I usually just ended up throwing them out or harvesting them for scalps for cams and such.   I guess some people try to sell heads too, but I never had any luck with that.
An extra head is always great for experimentation too!  I did that before I got overwhelmed with over 10 extra heads sitting around.

Yeah, mine have become experimental faces. I was doodling on a decapitated Spectra and GG Lala before I worked up the nerve to start a "real" custom. I'm seeking bodies for a few of them for future, though. I'd like to put GG Spectra onto a Sirena body for example.

I also received a Cupid whose scalp tore during rehairing by a previous owner, so I'm considering whether to repair the tear, or replace her head with someone else's (right now, that would be Spectra probably).

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 03:06:58 PM »
I also received a Cupid whose scalp tore during rehairing by a previous owner, so I'm considering whether to repair the tear, or replace her head with someone else's (right now, that would be Spectra probably).
My gal morty is a custom whose head is a spectra on cupid's body, if that helps you at all :)

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »
My gal morty is a custom whose head is a spectra on cupid's body, if that helps you at all :)

She is a cutie! (And I love the pumpkin princess, is she on a Catty body?)

I was thinking of doing a lace negative/mask to create similar patterns on her face to her hands and feet, but I'm still indecisive. So for the mean time, she'll sit in the bait box while I think it over. hahaha

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
Do any MH heads match Cedar's body?

EDIT: I mean other than Clawdeen, who is already listed.

Offline beautiful_monster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • I want more life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »

We're working on a single stickied thread which will contain links to threads such as these. :)

Yay! Thank you!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Collector
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2016, 07:23:47 PM »

I literally have a drawer full of floating heads and headless bodies. LOL  I can never decide whether I may need them for a future project or not, so my extra parts just wind up in the dolly graveyard drawer. XD
:brr: "I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style." :brr:
DeviantArt | Etsy | Flickr | Instagram

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »

Personally i stick the left over head on the left over body, put an outfit on that and sell that combo off cheaply or keep it around to give it to children i know who don't care. but that's just me and my enviroment.
That's a good solution, specially if they want to put their pawns on *your* dolls!

I have a shoebox full of fake bodies and some heads. I might start harvesting the heads for hair to make customs.