collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

June 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Yeolume rebody?  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
Yeolume rebody?
« on: August 16, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »
Awhile back, I found a Yeolume doll for just $25 at Tuesday Morning. She's SO cute, but her issue body was deplorable. I put her on a Serial Experiments Lain "action doll" body, and it's an improvement, but her head's loose and floppy (even after I added a bunch of rubber bands to the neck peg), and it's so heavy she can't stand up well (if at all).

Has anyone else rebodied one? What's a good choice for an affordable new body? I've read online that Obitsu bodies are the way to go, but I'm worried I'll get the wrong color or something. I've also read about people putting Yeolume on Pure Neemo bodies. I definitely want to keep her looking childlike, rather than put her on an adult-type body. I don't know a lot about these kinds of dolls, though. I need your expertise, doll customizers!

Here she is right now:

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
Re: Yeolume rebody?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 07:05:48 PM »
I'd think obitsu would be the best. I havent handled a Yeolume though so I cant be sure.
Looking For Nude+Pants&Shoes Sig Dexter, ZS Purrsephone, Sea Monster CAM, and nude FDC Clawdeen.
Also looking for certain articles of Barbie clothing. Check out my Wantlist: Want List!
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline Buchiu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 07:18:55 PM »
pure neemo maybe?

Offline GhostlyGossip

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Glue-Seepage Head
  • Ghostly dolls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 07:19:59 PM »
Congratulations! She is so cute!  :)

I would suggest pure neemo, as the bodies are a lot more cutesy and more suitable for her head type. Obitsu definitely looks more "realistic" and adult like.

Can I also ask when you bought her? I don't think I've seen any type of Yeolume doll at any Tuesday morning.

Offline Knightfire

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 07:24:55 PM »
Congratulations! She is so cute!  :)

I would suggest pure neemo, as the bodies are a lot more cutesy and more suitable for her head type. Obitsu definitely looks more "realistic" and adult like.

Can I also ask when you bought her? I don't think I've seen any type of Yeolume doll at any Tuesday morning.

Ah, yeah that's definitely what I'm wanting. I have so many "adult" dolls, having a child doll would be great! How much should I expect to pay for a Neemo, and where's a good place to get one, if you have any suggestions?

Uh.. Lesse... I got her around 7/25, but I saw her at the store previously. Let me check when... Looks like it was last July. They still had a couple when I got this one. I don't go to that particular store often since I don't live in that city, but I could check for her again next trip if you'd like?

Offline GhostlyGossip

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Glue-Seepage Head
  • Ghostly dolls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 11:23:47 PM »
I would say somewhere around $21 to $30 at most. But it depends on what size you're looking for.

The best places to look are most likely BJD related websites, or Ebay.

But, that would be wonderful if you could check for me!  :) Just send me a PM when you do!

Offline Knightfire

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
Oh nice, I'll see if I can find some sites to check out.

I should be back in that town the weekend of Sept. 12, so I can take a look then. :D

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »
Have you considered the 21, 23, or 25cm Obitsu bodies?  They are much more "childlike" than the 27cm bodies that are typically used to rebody Pullips.  And they would put the doll at about Dal height (particularly the 23cm body).

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Knightfire

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 04:16:20 PM »
Have you considered the 21, 23, or 25cm Obitsu bodies?  They are much more "childlike" than the 27cm bodies that are typically used to rebody Pullips.  And they would put the doll at about Dal height (particularly the 23cm body).

Hm, actually since I know so little about BJDs, I thought the Obitsu bodies were pretty much one size. Interesting!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 12:11:49 AM »

Hm, actually since I know so little about BJDs, I thought the Obitsu bodies were pretty much one size. Interesting!

Obitsu is a pretty diverse line.  They even have 60cm bodies!
Here is a link to Parabox's site, where you can check out all of the sizes available: http://parabox.jp/eng_new/o_body.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:13:24 AM by Sweetcakes »

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline bbqweasel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy - a toy and crafting blog
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 05:49:09 AM »
This might help you decide on a body: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cornflowerblue77/8859823614 Yeolume beside a 23cm Obitsu and some Azone bodies. :D

Offline Knightfire

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 04:12:34 PM »
*flail* There's SO MANY of them!  :help: And I wasn't planning for her to be *paler* than the white Obitsu, so that's very handy info to have. Hm. This is turning into a serious research project.