collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Language Question  (Read 982 times)

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
Language Question
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
Uhm, sorry for too rough language, I thought 1) it's not that bad (my bad English strikes again) and 2) that using ** will help to weaken it. I had no intention to abuse anyone, my apologies for (unintentionally) doing so!

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
Re: Language Question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »
Uhm, sorry for too rough language, I thought 1) it's not that bad (my bad English strikes again) and 2) that using ** will help to weaken it. I had no intention to abuse anyone, my apologies for (unintentionally) doing so!
Just a general note to everyone (not just you) but asterisks (*) do not make an unapproved word approved. For example, if "dog" were a swear word on our unapproved list, d** or d*g do not make that word acceptable.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:56:21 PM »
Sorry again! Btw, that unapproved list, can I read it somewhere? My last English teacher used to call me crazy - err, unapproved word starting with "b" - so I might have learned to casually use words that are actually harsh and I'm not aware of it. I really don't want to harass anyone with those words, but sometimes I think some word is OK while it's not...

Offline Lilithdrff

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Spooktacular
  • Caffeine Powered!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 01:21:34 PM »
Hey, split the topic so the original thread wasn't going off-topic. We don't have an official listing of words you can and cannot use, though it's pretty common sense. Also, the board will automatically sensor words which are deemed inappropriate. The problem with yours was that by using the * you were going around the sensor, which we do not allow. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me or any of the other mods.

Thanks
Lilith

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »
Oh, I didn't know it works that way! I'm sorry once more, my problem is that in Czech there are words that would be abusive to a degree if you directly called someone by them, but they are save to show you're upset about something when used in casual talking. I thought I could use that one word in English in similar way, and I unfortunately lack in common sense in what words are OK and which are not (not all of these words, but some) because of reasons I posted above. That's all I wanted to say, I'll stop poking this now. Please accept my humble apologies!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:41:58 PM by neon_jellyfish »