collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 58
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: *UPDATE w/PHOTOS - PC please* A site for Monster High accessories and price guide?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
**UPDATE**

Okay, I just got off the phone with my sister, and spent the morning sifting through her box. :)  I got a rough list of which dolls are which.  She said she already took a bunch to the goodwill last year.  >.<  *Sigh*  She was going to take these to the goodwill, but I told her that collectors would appreciate them as they're in great condition.  There are a few stray accessories missing, though what's in the bags I don't know yet. :P  A couple are missing an earring or two, but I have found a few of those already, so I'm not sure what's where.  Anyway - here's a list from left to right - I don't know the names of the sets so any help and rough price checks would be appreciated.

Clawdeen - DOTD (?)
Clawdeen - Dead Tired w/playset
Clawdeen - comes w/orange-haired Howleen
Clawdeen - Super Ghoul (?)
Howleen - comes w/Clawdeen
Howleen - Dance class
Abbey - wave 1
Laguna - comes w/hydration station
Laguna - mad scientist...? has small coffin locker
Laguna -
Frankie - Skull Shores
Rochelle Gargoyle - wave 1
Robecca - wave 1
Juniper...? - wave 1

And more detailed photos:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And the Novi Stars for anyone who's interested...I'll post a thread about them for ID'ing in the 'other' board ^.^
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hi all!

A few of you may know me from the MLP Arena, as I've been online there for quite a few years.  Recently my sister, Crystal Mist on here I believe, has asked me to help her sell her collection of MH dolls.  I'm receiving the box she's mailed me either today or tomorrow and I'm not quite sure what the best way to start is.  She says it's around 20-30 dolls  ^^; with accessories, but they're a bit mixed up (the accessories I mean). 

So my questions are:

1.)  Is there a good site online somewhere that can help me identify which accessories go with which doll?

2.)  Is there a good site for I.D.ing the dolls?

3.)  What is the best way to determine the value on the dolls?  Is there an online price guide somewhere that at least explains which are more HTF?

Thanks in advance!  :hug:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:49:00 AM by cloud_weaver »

Offline galaxy

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Sister Pack
  • Jason
    • View Profile
Re: A site for Monster High accessories and price guide?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »
This is a nice place for faces:
http://mhfaces.wix.com/monsterhigh

As for the accessories, research is key (if you have time) finding owner pics of dolls, reviews, or whatever to see what dolls came with which accessories. Alternatively, you could probably ask the arena.

You could ask the arena (in a separate thread) about PC (price checks). :)

Offline tippycakes13

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 09:39:01 AM »
As far as IDing the dolls I would check out MonsterHighChecklist.com

Offline cloud_weaver

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:32:21 AM »
Thank you!  ^.^  I will check those sites out later.  I did get her box in and my goodness there's a bit of stuff.  I counted a total of 14 dolls, a few different bags of accessories, Laguna Blue's hydration station, a coffin bunkbed set, and 4 or 5 Novi star dolls (and a stage thingy?).

I didn't realize she was sending the Novi Star dolls as well - is there a place to sell those as well? 

I'll try and get some pictures up later and get the id'ing going.  There is a darling Frankie Stein (skull shores version) that I am tempted to keep for myself.  :P  Though I'm for sure not a collector here.  And she does have a complete Abbey Bominable (wave 1) doll.  She's also got a wave 1 Clawdeen I believe?  There are quite a few dolls with wolf ears.  :P  No boys though.  Lets see - there's a gargoyle girl, a steampunk robot, 3 Lagoona Blues, 3 Clawdeens, Howleen, a little wolf w/orange hair, and a girl with purple hair and leapord print on the side of her head?  Plus a few others.  All of her dolls are perfectly mint - they were opened and displayed on a few different shelfs.  Perfect original hair, and completely dressed w/shoes.  (thank goodness! The box was opened when I got it, and I was terrified we'd lost some shoesies.)  So anyway I will slowly be getting things up and running.  Hoping to find these girls a good home. 

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 01:38:24 AM »
Thank you!  ^.^  I will check those sites out later.  I did get her box in and my goodness there's a bit of stuff.  I counted a total of 14 dolls, a few different bags of accessories, Laguna Blue's hydration station, a coffin bunkbed set, and 4 or 5 Novi star dolls (and a stage thingy?).

I didn't realize she was sending the Novi Star dolls as well - is there a place to sell those as well? 

I'll try and get some pictures up later and get the id'ing going.  There is a darling Frankie Stein (skull shores version) that I am tempted to keep for myself.  :P  Though I'm for sure not a collector here.  And she does have a complete Abbey Bominable (wave 1) doll.  She's also got a wave 1 Clawdeen I believe?  There are quite a few dolls with wolf ears.  :P  No boys though.  Lets see - there's a gargoyle girl, a steampunk robot, 3 Lagoona Blues, 3 Clawdeens, Howleen, a little wolf w/orange hair, and a girl with purple hair and leapord print on the side of her head?  Plus a few others.  All of her dolls are perfectly mint - they were opened and displayed on a few different shelfs.  Perfect original hair, and completely dressed w/shoes.  (thank goodness! The box was opened when I got it, and I was terrified we'd lost some shoesies.)  So anyway I will slowly be getting things up and running.  Hoping to find these girls a good home.
Wolf ears! I am interested when you sort things out, I may even be able to help. :P Leopard print wolf is Ghouls Rule Clawdeen, I'd love a loose version of her.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:43:16 AM by Starly »

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 07:32:14 AM »
Just popping into say you can sell the novi stars in your regular sales thread, and we do have a thread in off topic if you wanna advertise there  ;)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 08:20:32 AM »
Just popping into say you can sell the novi stars in your regular sales thread, and we do have a thread in off topic if you wanna advertise there  ;)

Perfect!  Thanks.  ^.^

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Hey cloud_weaver, I poked around on ebay and jotted down some of the trends I've seen these dolls selling for. You may want to double-check my findings, as market values can get a bit all over the place at times, but I hope this helps. :) Best of luck with your sales!

From left to right:
-"Ghouls Rule" Clawdeen Wolf (2012) - $7-$10
-"Dead Tired" Clawdeen Wolf, with "Room To Howl" playset (2011) - $50 (complete)
-Target Exclusive "Power Ghouls," "Wonder Wolf" Clawdeen Wolf (2013) - $7-$10
-Target Exclusive "Werewolf Sisters," Clawdeen and Howleen Wolf (2012) - $7-10 each
-"Dance Class," Howleen Wolf (2012) - $7-$10
-"Signature/Original/Basic," Abbey Bominable (2012) - $15-$20
-"Dead Tired," Lagoona Blue, with "Hydration Station" playset (2011) - $30-$40 (complete)
-Classroom "Mad Science," Lagoona Blue (2011) - $15
-"Dot Dead Gorgeous," Lagoona Blue (2012) - $7-$10
-[Friday the 13th] "Skull Shores," Black & White Frankie Stein (2012) - $10
-"Signature/Original/Basic," Rochelle Goyle (2012) - $15-$20
-"Signature/Original/Basic," Robecca Steam (2012) - $15-$20
-"Scaris, City of Frights," Jinafire Long (2012) - $10-$12
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:16:05 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
Looks like some stands and extra clothes in some of those bags. Also I knew I would be interested in a few of these. >.<

Offline cloud_weaver

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Hey cloud_weaver, I poked around on ebay and jotted down some of the trends I've seen these dolls selling for. You may want to double-check my findings, as market values can get a bit all over the place at times, but I hope this helps. :) Best of luck with your sales!

From left to right:
-"Ghouls Rule" Clawdeen Wolf (2012) - $7-$10
-"Dead Tired" Clawdeen Wolf, with "Room To Howl" playset (2011) - $50 (complete)
-Target Exclusive "Power Ghouls," "Wonder Wolf" Clawdeen Wolf (2013) - $7-$10
-Target Exclusive "Werewolf Sisters," Clawdeen and Howleen Wolf (2012) - $7-10 each
-"Dance Class," Howleen Wolf (2012) - $7-$10
-"Signature/Original/Basic," Abbey Bominable (2012) - $15-$20
-"Dead Tired," Lagoona Blue, with "Hydration Station" playset (2011) - $30-$40 (complete)
-Classroom "Mad Science," Lagoona Blue (2011) - $15
-"Dot Dead Gorgeous," Lagoona Blue (2012) - $7-$10
-[Friday the 13th] "Skull Shores," Black & White Frankie Stein (2012) - $10
-"Signature/Original/Basic," Rochelle Goyle (2012) - $15-$20
-"Signature/Original/Basic," Robecca Steam (2012) - $15-$20
-"Scaris, City of Frights," Jinafire Long (2012) - $10-$12

Sounds perfect!  Thank you tremendously for that.  ^.^  I think she has almost all of the accessories.  She will be visiting me for the summer in a few weeks so she'll be in charge of sorting and photographing all the girls.  I will put a sale post up once they're ready to go and work on finding these girls new homes. 

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
It's very nice of you to take the time to do all this!

Offline Robina

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • It's Ninja Time!
    • View Profile
Can you note me when you're ready to sell? I'm very interested in the Orange haired Howleen, but need to get money straightened out before I buy more dolls.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Can you note me when you're ready to sell? I'm very interested in the Orange haired Howleen, but need to get money straightened out before I buy more dolls.

I will post all of the girls up for sale in about a week or so.  :)  I'll start in the sales forum here, and probably move what doesn't sell to eBay for her.  In the meantime, gotta work on sprucing up the chickadees.  ^.^  There is a bit of interest in a few different dolls and so in order to be fair, I'm not going to do any holds right now for them, and emailing everyone once they're up may leave someone out.  Best bet would be to check back in about a week.  Once my sis is here for the summer, I'll get things running for her and help teach her the ropes.   ;)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Does anyone know who these two girls are?  I cannot for the life of me figure out who the purple girl is.

*Edit*  Nevermind!  Got it sorted. :)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:21:25 PM by cloud_weaver »

Offline cloud_weaver

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Alright, just posted the majority of the dolls up for sale.  ^.^  Took a bit, but they're ready for new homes.

Curious - what is the best way to ship dolls?  For ponies, I typically use bubble mailers, but I was wondering if it's safe to do the same for the dolls?  If not, which boxes work the best?

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
Alright, just posted the majority of the dolls up for sale.  ^.^  Took a bit, but they're ready for new homes.

Curious - what is the best way to ship dolls?  For ponies, I typically use bubble mailers, but I was wondering if it's safe to do the same for the dolls?  If not, which boxes work the best?
I've gotten lots of loose dolls shipped to me in bubble mailers (usually wrapped in extra bubble wrap, but not always) and they were all perfectly fine. I'd usually only get boxes if the dolls were MiB or I was getting more than 3 at a time.
Hope that helps, I'm not a seller though, just a buyer. :P