collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4] 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: SDCC Exclusive  (Read 85329 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: SDCC Exclusive
« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2015, 01:35:04 AM »
I really wanted Valentine, but then I noticed he doesn't have fangs.. Now I don't want him. xD (Well... I'm trying to believe I don't lol.) He looks like a human without fangs. I guess I save money that way though! I could always paint fangs on, but I'd hate to mess with a SDCC doll, even just painting little fangies on.

I'll desperately hope he gets a store release, fangs or not, then I can just paint them on at that point. xD
I am mostly found on the MLPArena these days with the lull of MH and the forums on this side. Still love the dolls though!

:kitty:

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2015, 01:52:41 AM »
I really wanted Valentine, but then I noticed he doesn't have fangs.. Now I don't want him. xD (Well... I'm trying to believe I don't lol.) He looks like a human without fangs. I guess I save money that way though! I could always paint fangs on, but I'd hate to mess with a SDCC doll, even just painting little fangies on.

I'll desperately hope he gets a store release, fangs or not, then I can just paint them on at that point. xD
I don't think his lips look painted at all, which is the only thing about him that bugs me, I hate how some of the boy dolls don't have painted lips. I mean, I know they're not going to give them lipstick ever (thought it would be nice) but a neutral darker color that matches their skin is better than no paint at all.

Offline birthedyoubishes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2015, 03:30:01 AM »
i want whisp soooooo bad it hurts. i just can't justify $45 for a doll (with my budget)  :cry:

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2015, 03:40:50 AM »
I think he does have fangs, actually, seeing some photos of him...

Offline Fairy Tale Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Ever After High Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2015, 05:07:40 AM »
He's an emotional vampire. Why would he need fangs?

I'm hoping for an I <3 Fashion Valentine tbh. Whisp's backstory doesn't allow her to really have other dolls, and Val does seem to <3 fashion. xD

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 12, 2015, 05:13:56 AM »
He's an emotional vampire. Why would he need fangs?

I'm hoping for an I <3 Fashion Valentine tbh. Whisp's backstory doesn't allow her to really have other dolls, and Val does seem to <3 fashion. xD

Yeah, he had slightly pointed teeth in the movie. Very subtle and not enough to warrant them painting them on.
I have the feeling Val will make it into the mainstream lines somehow. But let's be real, all future clothes he'll wear will be downgrades from his SDCC outfit. I'm honestly more impressed by his doll than Whisp's at this point.
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Voltageous
  • Voltage!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toybox
« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:43 AM »
So, I know it's always a long shot due to members getting to buy first and all but are they going to be still selling extras after SDCC on MattyCollector?  Just curious as I am up for at least trying but don't see a place to try and buy them.  They're usually on a "separate" site/page or something aren't they?  When would they go on sale again? Today?

Main Wishlist* Dolly Wishlist*LPS Wishlist*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone in Rocky Balboa. "Live long and prosper."

Offline nassib

• Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2015, 08:08:29 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think the online sale for exclusives doesn't start immediately after the Con. Let me check their website

Edit.

They'll start selling merchandise on 7/14 for early access, 7/15 open to everyone, but I don't see any MH or EAH listed. In fact I can't find the previous SDCC exclusives (they were always listed as sold out, but you could see their product page).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:17:28 AM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »
In fact I can't find the previous SDCC exclusives (they were always listed as sold out, but you could see their product page).

Last year the MH and EAH exclusives were not available through MattyCollector at all.
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."
Instagram

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 13, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
Comic con was amazing!!!! As soon as we got our badges I ask if we could just check out the Mattel booth and see what was available if anything. As we get closer I didn't see the long line against the wall that there normally is so figured most the good stuff was gone. Went up front to the board and the MH vinyl was still available along with most of the boy stuff. Raven and the 2 pack were sold out. But we got in line to get my son the Thomas the train set for his birthday in 2 months and my soon to be mother in law was going to get me nefera for Christmas, I have no problem waiting lol, and 2 to trade on here. So as it's our turn to tell them our order I noticed there was piles of the MH 2 pack still there even though the board says it's sold out. Figured they were still preorders waiting to be picked up or something. Well turns out as we're completing our order the guys asks us if we want one of the 2 packs? I was like yes, wait so it's not sold out? The guys said it is but these are the preorders that weren't picked up and that they are offering them to people buying other things but it's limited to one. So my soon to be mother in law is the best. She said she'd get the 2 pack and one nefera. So I'm know what my Christmas presents are lol. I can't wait! I do feel a tad guilty since I could of chosen to have gotten the other 2 vinyls and helped other people out. But I also really wanted a whisp. I'm still in shock that I was able to get all 3 exclusives this year for retail. My sister and soon to be mother in law are the best!!! I'll be posting pics of my raven later today in the EAH section since I have to wait till Christmas to get the others :)

And on a side note the display this year was awesome. I loved all the vinyls on display. And the fright mares are a lot smaller in person, not what I was expecting lol.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 13, 2015, 10:34:29 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think the online sale for exclusives doesn't start immediately after the Con. Let me check their website

Edit.

They'll start selling merchandise on 7/14 for early access, 7/15 open to everyone, but I don't see any MH or EAH listed. In fact I can't find the previous SDCC exclusives (they were always listed as sold out, but you could see their product page).

Mattycollector's After Party sale is actually on the 27th (9 a.m. PT). I believe the sale on the 14th-15th is for their MOTU line.

Comic con was amazing!!!! As soon as we got our badges I ask if we could just check out the Mattel booth and see what was available if anything. As we get closer I didn't see the long line against the wall that there normally is so figured most the good stuff was gone. Went up front to the board and the MH vinyl was still available along with most of the boy stuff. Raven and the 2 pack were sold out. But we got in line to get my son the Thomas the train set for his birthday in 2 months and my soon to be mother in law was going to get me nefera for Christmas, I have no problem waiting lol, and 2 to trade on here. So as it's our turn to tell them our order I noticed there was piles of the MH 2 pack still there even though the board says it's sold out. Figured they were still preorders waiting to be picked up or something. Well turns out as we're completing our order the guys asks us if we want one of the 2 packs? I was like yes, wait so it's not sold out? The guys said it is but these are the preorders that weren't picked up and that they are offering them to people buying other things but it's limited to one. So my soon to be mother in law is the best. She said she'd get the 2 pack and one nefera. So I'm know what my Christmas presents are lol. I can't wait! I do feel a tad guilty since I could of chosen to have gotten the other 2 vinyls and helped other people out. But I also really wanted a whisp. I'm still in shock that I was able to get all 3 exclusives this year for retail. My sister and soon to be mother in law are the best!!! I'll be posting pics of my raven later today in the EAH section since I have to wait till Christmas to get the others :)

And on a side note the display this year was awesome. I loved all the vinyls on display. And the fright mares are a lot smaller in person, not what I was expecting lol.

It sounds like you had a blast, congrats on the exclusives!  :) I'm so envious, I'd love to go to SDCC someday.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:43:43 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline perivam3

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 13, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »

Edit.

Mattycollector's After Party sale is actually on the 27th (9 a.m. PT). I believe the sale on the 14th-15th is for their MOTU line.

Correct. 7/14 and 7/15 are their regular monthly sale dates for their MOTU figures. SDCC exclusives are usually put up for sale at least a couple weeks after the Con, sometimes even in August. They will probably start advertising soon.

Last year the MH and EAH exclusives were not available through MattyCollector at all.

MH was, EAH was not. I was not collecting MH when Dead Fast Ghoulia was released, but since Scarah every SDCC exclusive has been available on Matty Collector. Last year was the first year for an EAH exclusive, so perhaps it wasn't available because they weren't sure how well it would do. Maybe this year it will be added.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for getting them off Matty, unfortunately. Past two years both exclusives sold out during the Early Access, among the few that did, and did so very fast. As in, about 10 minutes fast. So unless you have a subscription with them and can be on the site right when they're made available, you may be better off finding a deal on eBay. Even if you can make it, the service they use for selling online can be really awful at times. I was able to grab Manny and Iris last year, but the year before I lost out on Webarella because the order processing was broken. By the time it worked, I had work that needed to be done and she was sold out by the time I got back to the computer. Still bitter about that...

Offline nassib

• Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 13, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »

Edit.

You are totally right.

In fact I can't find the previous SDCC exclusives (they were always listed as sold out, but you could see their product page).

But they still had product pages, though all read sold out  ^^; or was that the previous year? I so can't remember  :(
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline KreetinLeFright

• Clawsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »
My set came in today! This is my first SDCC exclusive and I honestly believe it was worth every cent. Both the outer packaging and the packaging containing the dolls are amazing.

While I initially got the set for Whisp, Valentine is a very nice doll and I like him a lot more than I expected, as I usually dislike the boy dolls. Whisp is such a beautiful doll and I love everything about her. Her red eyes are absolutely stunning and probably my favorite thing about her. There's no way I could ever open these because I'm terrified of the thought of messing around with them in any way.

For anyone that's on the fence about getting them, I definitely think they're worth getting. As long as you don't pay anything too crazy, they're worth it. They're both such beautiful dolls and I'm really happy with the effort and care that went into making them. <3

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 13, 2015, 02:59:51 PM »

But they still had product pages, though all read sold out  ^^; or was that the previous year? I so can't remember  :(

I honestly don't know.  I don't think that I ever checked back on the site once I knew that they wouldn't be available there. lol
They may have had product pages.
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."
Instagram

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:11 PM »
My Whisp and Valentine arrived today. If anyone who doesn't see/doesn't care about wonk wants to buy Valentine, let me know. If someone is selling Valentine with a nice face, please let me know.

Offline Chanditoys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bad Box Hair
  • Dollie lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 13, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »
My Whisp and Valentine arrived today. If anyone who doesn't see/doesn't care about wonk wants to buy Valentine, let me know. If someone is selling Valentine with a nice face, please let me know.

What does your Valentine's wonk look like?

Offline bewilderbeastie

• Down Undah Diva
  • "Taako's good out here."
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr~
« Reply #417 on: July 13, 2015, 03:43:41 PM »

What does your Valentine's wonk look like?

Seconding a looksee
Looking for Scooter Ghoulia's boots, Dexter's glasses, any Gil Webber bits and pieces and Pokémon figures!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 13, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »
Here he is.

Offline bewilderbeastie

• Down Undah Diva
  • "Taako's good out here."
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr~
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
Is one eye bigger than the other? I can't really tell.
Looking for Scooter Ghoulia's boots, Dexter's glasses, any Gil Webber bits and pieces and Pokémon figures!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal