collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Confessions :  (Read 19316 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions :
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
I wish the MH boy dolls' faces in general looked younger and cuter and less, well, angular.
I have to second this. the boy dolls almost never appear to me in real life, and the reason that comes up is usually that I find them too old-looking. they really look like mansters, not like teens. the only boy doll I managed to warm up to and buy was the CAM gargoyle, and even he is considered to be an adult by me - though a younger adult, not someone in his 30s like many of the regular male dolls look like to me.
(I'm by no means saying 30s is old, btw. my problem is with that these guys in doll form look nowhere close to their age - in my eyes at least).
:roch: :skel:

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »
I wish the MH boy dolls' faces in general looked younger and cuter and less, well, angular.
I have to second this. the boy dolls almost never appear to me in real life, and the reason that comes up is usually that I find them too old-looking. they really look like mansters, not like teens. the only boy doll I managed to warm up to and buy was the CAM gargoyle, and even he is considered to be an adult by me - though a younger adult, not someone in his 30s like many of the regular male dolls look like to me.
(I'm by no means saying 30s is old, btw. my problem is with that these guys in doll form look nowhere close to their age - in my eyes at least).
This! Definetily.
I also find the punched in cheeks they have look really weird to me.

Offline monsterdanni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 01:57:59 AM »
i hate the new faces!!! Frankies eyes are too big and close together, Lagoona Monster Exchange all of the ones ive seen have one eye smaller than the other and the eyes look way too different than past versions, and ghoulia wth happened since scaris, her eyes are always wonky and bigger, also Nefera from boo york, please come back old face prints :(  :(

Offline UNICORNjt

• Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 03:23:38 PM »
So I know I hated the vinyls but I bought Clawdeen today for my niece because her friend had some and...

Yea, still a no!

They feel so cheap!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2015, 06:18:02 AM »
I don't like the vinyls either, but for me it's the size... when pics of them leaked at first I found them cute, and I still think they are, but they are so HUGE! I wish they were like... three or four times smaller, that way I'd definitely get several, but like this? probably not even my favourite characters :/
:roch: :skel:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2015, 08:53:19 AM »

I don't like the vinyls either, but for me it's the size... when pics of them leaked at first I found them cute, and I still think they are, but they are so HUGE! I wish they were like... three or four times smaller, that way I'd definitely get several, but like this? probably not even my favourite characters :/

This is pretty much me as well. The vinyls are cute but the size (which also translates into a higher price) killed all desire to own them. I like looking at pics of them and if I ever found one cheap at a thrift store or yard sale I would snatch it up but otherwise I'll pass. They are cute but not almost ten bucks cute.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2015, 10:50:58 AM »
Okay, here's my confession. *Deep breath*

I only have one MH doll.  I buy lots of MH dolls, but I've only ever truly connected with Skelita.  All of the other dolls that I buy either end up resold or customized.  It feels so strange because I truly do love the line as a whole, I just don't seem to be able to bond with most of the dolls. :(

While I'm at it I might as well confess that I don't care for the webisodes at all.  Neither MH nor EAH.  I liked EAH for a little while, but I pretty quickly lost interest.

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline MissMay

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »

I only have one MH doll.  I buy lots of MH dolls, but I've only ever truly connected with Skelita.  All of the other dolls that I buy either end up resold or customized.  It feels so strange because I truly do love the line as a whole, I just don't seem to be able to bond with most of the dolls. :(

While I'm at it I might as well confess that I don't care for the webisodes at all.  Neither MH nor EAH.  I liked EAH for a little while, but I pretty quickly lost interest.
I fell the same way about MH I don't watch the webisodes I only watch the movies and I only own 3 HM dolls and two of them I bought to customize and I only have my B&W skill shores Frankie.

Offline UNICORNjt

• Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »

I fell the same way about MH I don't watch the webisodes I only watch the movies and I only own 3 HM dolls and two of them I bought to customize and I only have my B&W skill shores Frankie.

well it's awesome you've been able to connect with the doll you feel most connected with!!

Besides you can keep all the other ghouls clothes for her! XD

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »
I wanna confess that while I love MH and EAH I cannot bring myself to own more then one doll of each line at any given time.

I would love to have my original collection back. I had all the core dolls plus ones like Holt/Jackson, Nefera and Toralei. But I just don't like having a lot of dolls anymore. I feel very cluttered with so many around.

Offline Sspit_fire

• First Wave Dead Tired
  • ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2015, 04:06:52 AM »
*sigh* Here's my confession:
 I personally, hate the Geek Shriek dolls. There is nothing "geeky" about the dolls other than they're all in big sized glasses. It's like Mattel has no ideas for the budget line anymore and decided to go with this and tell everyone that "Wearing big spectacles instantly makes you a geek."

And also, I bought a Neighthan doll just to ship him and my Avea doll..  ^^;

Offline xxnickiyxx

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
    • Doll Adventures (tumblr)
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2015, 03:16:49 AM »
here goes mine!
I don't think most of the dolls do enough justice to their character designs. For example I love Twyla, but her doll just has this weird wide face. I thought it was because of the stock pics but when I saw her in person I still thought it looked bad. So in the end I didn't buy her. And now I feel guilty for not getting her when I had the chance!!

Offline DreamCatcher

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »

I only have got two (points avatar). There's no space for dolls in my house, so I only buy the ones I really really REALLY like. Like stimpank doll and brushable centaur.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2015, 06:03:04 PM »
I'm far more annoyed with people who act like everyone has to like every doll and hate dissenting opinions than I am at dolls I dislike or think have poor design choices.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »
-I have pretty much fallen out of love with Monster High. None of the new characters are calling to me, and I only have a handful of upcoming dolls on my wishlist.... and I only plan on buying them heavily discounted on Amazon around Christmas time.

-I just gave away a big box of 70+ nude MH dolls to a little boy and a little girl my sister knows, because I didn't want them anymore and didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling them on here.

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline Lilithdrff

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Spooktacular
  • Caffeine Powered!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »
I confess...although I still like MH, and still have a few dolls on my wanted list, and a box of my personal collection...I gave most of my dolls to my kids :X They seem to be enjoying them a lot more than I was. 

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2015, 08:08:06 AM »
I'm far more annoyed with people who act like everyone has to like every doll and hate dissenting opinions than I am at dolls I dislike or think have poor design choices.

Signed. Throw in the people who say we should be thankful for dolls. As if Mattel was giving them out for free XD Or that Mattel is super poor and a victim of our "bullying".
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline Evilunicorn

• Down Undah Diva
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2015, 08:50:17 AM »
Yay confessions! Ok so I really wish they would give more dolls pants! And/or cute socks! I like some of the short skirts but it bothers me when I make them sit I can easily see their crotch, sure nothing is actually there but it still bugs me a bit... Also with some people saying they want more fashion packs, I agree. I loved fashion packs! And I like to have a variety of clothes for my customs. I also want normal CAMs back but not like the add on packs where you can't make a complete doll...and maybe with CAMs more wigs (that look better) for people who are too afraid to try to re hair or who just aren't skilled at it :/ also maybe seeing more of the cool new characters instead of continuously releasing the same few girls in almost every line!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »
As if Mattel was giving them out for free XD Or that Mattel is super poor and a victim of our "bullying".

:haha:  That cracked me up!

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline KreetinLeFright

• Clawsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »
I'm slowly falling more and more in love with Ever After High and out of love with Monster High. I like the EAH webisodes so much more than the MH ones, and while I am excited for some of the Freak Du Chic and Boo York dolls, I'm way more excited for the new EAH dolls coming out.

I've realized that a lot of my MH dolls are just the result of impulse buying and they're just kind of there and I'll probably be getting rid of them sooner rather than later.

Also I don't like the boy dolls...like...at all.