collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Author Topic: Hello, friends!  (Read 622 times)

Offline catmilk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
Hello, friends!
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:46:55 AM »
My name is Emmy, and I'm a 21 year old college student from Michigan. I just recently started collecting Monster High dolls and I'm planning on creating clothes and furniture to display with them! Because of all the stress from school I haven't been having much fun lately, and this is a way for me to try something new so I'm really excited to get my collection off the ground!

Right now I have six dolls:

The first two I bought were Monster Exchange Program Lagoona Blue and Gloom 'n Bloom Catrine DeMew.

I then went out and bought a Kiyomi Haunterly.

Just a couple of days ago I found Creepateria Howleen Wolf, Cleo de Nile, and Draculaura all on clearance at Target for $6 each, so my collection doubled in just a day!

I love my dolls so far and can't wait to find more that I like!

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, friends!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »
Hello and welcome! I'm mildly obsessed with Monster Exchange Lagoona's curls.  This is such a terrific community and I hope you enjoy it here. 
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »
Welcome Emmy! Do you happen to know catwater? It's just funny that you're both from Michigan and have names that are cat+liquid (although in her case I think it's actually C. Atwater).

If you're interested in making clothes, I bet Clawdeen's Closet would be a great spot for you. I know our creative members definitely inspire me to push myself in creating!

Offline catwater

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Call me Claire.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »
Haha Melissa I was just thinking about that! Nice to meet you Emmy!! I'm a college student at Michigan myself!!

Alright so now I HAVE to know the story behind your username since ours are so similar!!  :biggrin:

If you want to see some great tutorials for making clothes/furniture you should check out myfroggystuff on youtube. She makes a lot of really easy to follow, creative crafting videos that'll definitely help you get started!
InstagramCustoms Thread ♦  EtsyTumblr!Flickr

Turquoise Overload by Claire Atwater, on Flickr

Offline hathorcat

• MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »
What a great way to distract yourself a little from school work! MH is such a great line to collect - I hope you have a wonderful time here and perhaps share some of your work over in the Closet. Welcome to the Arena!

Offline catmilk

• Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »
Thank you so much everyone!  :biggrin:
Haha, that's so funny that our usernames are similar, catwater! I have no idea where mine came from-- it just came to me one day haha. I'll certainly check out everything you guys recommended. I'm so excited for my collection to grow!  :biggrin: