collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[22] 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Brand new ebay buyer with 0 feedback???  (Read 1456 times)

Offline TheStripyCat

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Creative Kitty
  • An aspiring doll artist
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
Brand new ebay buyer with 0 feedback???
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:32:47 AM »
I week ago I got a 'test' order from one of on-line shops and placed two Novi Stars on ebay. Auction for Doe a.Deer started on Feb, 20th and ended Feb, 23rd. I got paid (but as I'm a new seller, they froze those money, until buyer gets the item). I shipped her next day and I have the tracking. BUT after reading a bit about paypal screwing established seller with tons of positive feedback despite common sence and info provided are all for the seller, I got a bit nervous :drop:. I went to my ebay page and what do I see? The buyer registered on Feb, 21st 2015 (right during my auction) and doesn't have any feedback.  :freak:
Paypal Transaction Details page says I am eligible for seller protection. But I am from Russia (I believe, it is considered a high-risk of fraud country) and have no feedback as a seller.
So, have you ever sold anything to buyers, recently registered with ebay?

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
Re: Brand new ebay buyer with 0 feedback???
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:09:21 AM »
I looked through my transactions and found where I've sold twice to a member that had only been registered a month. 

I can't find the exact transaction, but I do remember having a successful sale with a member that registered the day my auction ended because I had wondered how they set up PayPal so quickly. 

I can understand your worry, but I'd try to not worry until something does happen.

:hug:

Offline TheStripyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:35:52 AM »
Thank you, DES! It's very comforting to know:) I feel much better:)

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:40:50 AM »
I think you'll be ok! It's probably someone who recently learned about the Novi Stars, and only registered to get her specifically. Everybody has to start with zero feedback at some point!

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
    • Katsetta.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
I sold a SDCC Sharknado to someone who registered the day the bought it. I made them pay for signature confirmation and I kept every document relating to the transaction but I won't rest easy until the widow for them to file is closed. Good luck.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 10:33:44 AM »
I week ago I got a 'test' order from one of on-line shops and placed two Novi Stars on ebay. Auction for Doe a.Deer started on Feb, 20th and ended Feb, 23rd. I got paid (but as I'm a new seller, they froze those money, until buyer gets the item). I shipped her next day and I have the tracking. BUT after reading a bit about paypal screwing established seller with tons of positive feedback despite common sence and info provided are all for the seller, I got a bit nervous :drop:. I went to my ebay page and what do I see? The buyer registered on Feb, 21st 2015 (right during my auction) and doesn't have any feedback.  :freak:
Paypal Transaction Details page says I am eligible for seller protection. But I am from Russia (I believe, it is considered a high-risk of fraud country) and have no feedback as a seller.
So, have you ever sold anything to buyers, recently registered with ebay?

Recently I've noticed that I have more 0-feedback buyers that registered during the duration of my auctions.

I have all of my auctions set to restrict any bidder who has had 2 NPB cases in the last 12-months (I had it at 6-months, but was still running into problems).

My theory: the bidder REALLY wants the item, but has NPB strikes, so they open a brand new account.

Offline hathorcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »
Your buyer has 0 feedback but you also have 0 feedback as a seller so we all have to start somewhere, right? ;)

Yes perhaps the chances of a problem do unfortunately increase with 0 feedback or new members because you get the odd time waster. But the amount of hoops you have to jump through to sign up to ebay, along with having to tie in a paypal account has decreased that issue over the years. Your buyer has paid so I would try not to worry too much at this point. You have tracking and proof of postage so even if your buyer did make contradictory claims you would not loose out and ebay would not force you to refund. 

Offline TheStripyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »
Thank you, everybody:) I guess, I'm overreacting:) I just wish I had noticed it before shipping and paid for signature confirmation and made several photos of the package. But I'll hope for the best. In any case, this doll is not a SDCC exclusive costing a fortune, so I'm good :cool:

Offline hathorcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 06:08:38 AM »
There is no harm at all in being cautious about the situation. At least you are aware and can keep an eye on the situation.

Offline TheStripyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 07:15:01 AM »
The buyer got the doll and left me positive feedback:D And I found out, that sellers can leave ONLY positive feedback to buyers. So 100% positive feedback doesn't mean anything anymore, you have to go and actually read, what other sellers wrote. That doesn't make any sense to me>_<.
Sent from my phone.

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »
I'm glad this one turned out to be a positive experience for you. :)

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel