collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

September 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Just Sweet / Beanstalk Bakery Blondie (image heavy)  (Read 17670 times)

Offline UltimatelyOptic

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: Just Sweet / Beanstalk Bakery Blondie (image heavy)
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »
I got her today! Sooo glad I waited to get her in person. A nice guy pulled the case for me and let me have my pick. I got the best one there. Seriously, the other 5 had pretty bad eye wonk.

Offline galaxy

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Sister Pack
  • Jason
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
I think China uses different glue than Indonesian dolls. My Creepateria Howleen and Cleo have glue heads and their hair isn't sticky at all. I don't remember seeing any glue seepage in the cardboard backing.

Offline UltimatelyOptic

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »
Galaxy, that is very possible. I've read stories of glue extraction in slightly different colors and textures, even smell. lol

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »
ShortyBoo thank you so much for that link!  I was just at Target yesterday and nothing.  I wasn't planning on going back today but... brickseek said she was there... and I found her! All thanks to you.  I would have missed her otherwise.

Freshly bought!  Prettiest Blondie ever.

Offline misspineapple

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2015, 02:35:43 AM »
I found her today in person  <3 it was such a shock too since I usually expect the same shelfwarmers every time I go that I actually gasped out loud right there in the aisle  ^^; I want to unbox her but I'm so scared of losing her ring.

Offline WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr: Teatime with Maddie
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2015, 11:57:21 PM »
I found her today in person  <3 it was such a shock too since I usually expect the same shelfwarmers every time I go that I actually gasped out loud right there in the aisle  ^^; I want to unbox her but I'm so scared of losing her ring.

I always put a little dab of white glue on the underside of the hand to hold the rings on. It doesn't stay on permanently and will peel right off if you mess with it, but it's enough to make the rings stay on while you are moving/posing the dolls. :)

Offline Zombelina

• Pastel Gothgoyle Princess
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »

I always put a little dab of white glue on the underside of the hand to hold the rings on. It doesn't stay on permanently and will peel right off if you mess with it, but it's enough to make the rings stay on while you are moving/posing the dolls. :)

Ooh, that's a smart idea. I will have to try that. I usually knot one of the small elastics around the ring, then put the ring on the doll's finger and wrap the elastic around her wrist (might need to take the hand off/on). It can be pretty fiddly to get it on and secure though. Sometimes you can get lucky and the doll is packaged with the ring already elastic'd on like that, but I don't know about this Blondie because I haven't unboxed mine yet either.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2015, 09:26:46 PM »
The first thing that happened to me was that the ring fell off.  So... I put it in her purse for safe-keeping and then spent an hour looking for her purse.  I have to say, Beanstalk Bakery Blondie is an extremely careless doll.  :whistle:

Offline misspineapple

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »
The first thing that happened to me was that the ring fell off.  So... I put it in her purse for safe-keeping and then spent an hour looking for her purse.  I have to say, Beanstalk Bakery Blondie is an extremely careless doll.  :whistle:
Ah I think I'll do that until I can find a stray elastic band. Just gotta make sure I keep her purse in a safe place away from shag carpeting. Don't want her to end up like my poor Sig Operetta's ring.

Offline Cherrieblaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2015, 02:05:32 PM »
I keep all the clear elastic bands when I unbox the dolls just in case I need to secure something in the future. You could start saving them up when you buy new dolls and then you'll always have one on hand when you need one.  :)

Offline UltimatelyOptic

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2015, 09:37:54 PM »
That's exactly what I do! I have a cute little pink tin box packed to the gills with those clear bands, lol.

Offline Cherrieblaster

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2015, 05:57:56 AM »
Hee, hee. Great minds think alike!  :cool:

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »
She's back on Target.com if anyone needs her and doesn't mind buying her online.

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline rosierjay

• Trade Count: (+49)
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »
my target had over 10 of them. i wasn't captivated by her in person so i'm skipping her for now.

Offline KreetinLeFright

• Clawsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »
It's so hard fighting the urge to just order her online. My Target finally put her case out a few days ago and they sold out before I got the chance to get one. I don't know if I should just wait until brickseek says she's back in stock at my store and try to find her in person or if I should just get her off the website. If I do that though, I run the risk of major eye wonk and the last time I ordered from their site my poor Raven Queen's box was DESTROYED. :(

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
The first JS Blondie I ordered from Target had a chip missing from her lip paint.  The one I just ordered to replace her came yesterday and she looks good but her box was mangled.  They shipped her in a plastic mailer with no padding at all, not even a bubble mailer, just like a plastic bag.  The box plastic is cracked and broken and the cardboard back is bent in several places.  They also stuck a big barcode sticker on the upper left corner of the front.  I am so glad I don't collect MIB or I would have been livid.

Offline KreetinLeFright

• Clawsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »
I'm just gonna wait until she's in stock at my store because I'd much rather pick her out of a bunch to get the best one I possibly can. Plus, I don't wanna pay an additional $6/7 for shipping just to get a mangled box.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Voltageous
  • Voltage!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toybox
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »
My store has her and so far she is a shelf warmer. I didn't even get her as I was much disappointed seeing her in RL.

Main Wishlist* Dolly Wishlist*LPS Wishlist*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone in Rocky Balboa. "Live long and prosper."

Offline Cherrieblaster

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2015, 03:09:42 PM »
Hee, hee... I didn't get her also Nessa. I like the version of her with the white dress better. Also, her face looked really shiny.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2015, 04:30:15 AM »
I finally got her! There were 6 of them at my Target. She is my new favorite doll!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal