collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: A nervous hello  (Read 974 times)

Offline SickViking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
A nervous hello
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:57:43 AM »
Hi, I'm Matt. Normally I go by the moniker SickViking, but to keep myself from being googled here, I'm using my cousins name. He doesn't mind and as a recently came out transman, I'm a bit self conscious about my doll collecting and more specifically, my love love love of all things custom: re-paints, re-hair, tailoring! I do it all (though not as well as I'd prefer)

I'm 26 year old in California, hoping to go to school for bartending, cosmotology and arts.

I collect monster high dolls on and off, though I have several and am getting into Ever After High as well (I don't have any of the dolls but, Fleshtones! YESPLZ!) Frankie is probably my favorite for non custom dolls with Ghoulia coming in second. I collect other sorts of dolls as well, from Barbie, to BJD's, My Little Pony and most things in between.

I have several dolls on my desk to be customized, but I'm kind of slow going. I'm eager to meet other collectors and customizers and see what's been done.

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: A nervous hello
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »
Welcome Matt and we are very happy to have you here!  This is a lovely community and I hope you enjoy the posts, pictures and dolls.  A huge welcome!!
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »
Welcome! I can't wait to see some of your customs! I hope you have a great time here on the Arena ^.^

Offline mascarah

• Resident Banshee
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:56:59 PM »
Welcome, Quartersold!

You're in good company. We have a pretty even keel here. Hope to see some of your work some time!

See you around the Arena. :female:

Offline SickViking

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I really hope to get at least one of them done by February and I can't wait to share.

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy spending time here with us at the MHArena ^.^ though a word of advice- by putting your old username in your first post, anyone Googling your old username may come across this thread and see that you've changed your moniker.

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 07:04:21 AM »
Welcome!
No need to be self-conscious :) We have quite a bunch of guys on here.
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline dollfan92

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
Welcome! I'm new as well and a guy doll collector too. You shouldn't be too self conscious about your doll collecting. Its something that makes you happy and you aren't hurting anybody so I don't see why there's any problem with it 😉 Also, with customizing practice makes perfect so I can't wait to see your work 😃

Offline Julesblue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Icebergsounds on tumblr!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
Welcome!! :hiya: I look forward to seeing your customs! My boyfriend is the one who got me into collecting dolls at all because of his enjoyment of them, so don't worry about it at all.

I hope you enjoy the forums! I'm pretty new here myself, but I can tell it's a pretty great community, and the people here are really nice. :thumb:
~*My Want Lists*~
Have: Music Fest Venus, FCA! Honey, CB Abbey, Scaremester Clawdeen, DT Lagoona, Wydona, Sweet Screams Abbey, Sig Draculaura, DC Gil, Casta Fierce, River Styxx, Scaris Ghoulia, FCA! Elissabat, Scaris Abbey, FCA! Viperine, Haunted Twyla, Invisi Billy, Lorna, Art class Abbey, nude sig Rochelle, Scaremester Gigi, nude Scaris Skelita, nude CB Clawdeen
~*My tumblr!*~

Offline SickViking

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 04:44:01 AM »

Thanks, and yeah, I took that into account. But I go by that name in a great many sites and it's much much less likely that this site will show up in a google search by using it just the once, and I wanted to give people here the opportunity to recognize me if they would XD

But thank you everyone for such a warm welcome, I honestly didn't expect so many people to post, maybe one or two. It's really getting me jazzed up to get back to work on my projects! As well as making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 06:45:58 AM »
Welcome to the family Matt! I am also a male collector. Been collecting for a year and two months and I am on 61 dolls.
You are in great company here! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z