collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
[7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Dolls you have once passed by and now regret  (Read 8570 times)

Offline darkcatra25

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Dolls you have once passed by and now regret
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »
Sdcc Frankie. Thought I didn't need a different colored doll of one I own...stupid me being a completest I want bet. But not for 400 dollars...

That reminds me of my passed and regret but purchased later on, I was actually at Comic Con when the Black and White Frankie was being sold and could have purchased one, at the time I thought it was a Bratz ripoff, I was soo wrong on that, and didn't even see the doll later I decided to check it out on the webisodes and fell in love with the characters. So when after I started collecting I had to complete my collection, I paid more than 25 dollars for the Frankie when I could have had it for retail price, so that's my pass and regret story.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »
Original Abby- Every time I saw her I convinced myself out of getting her. >.<

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 07:36:04 AM »

Original Abby- Every time I saw her I convinced myself out of getting her. >.<

Oigh, reading this made me remember I did pass on signature Abbey and Spectra!
I just recently had bought GR Abbey for my kids on 2012 I think and a week later I found Sig and didn't buy her because we had a "one per character  rule" T_T
Spectra was sadder, we went to sears and saw her Sig version on the clothes department but we went to the toys department to see all of the MH the had so the girls could pick. My youngest left with nothing as she didn't found the one she wanted. We went to several stores and she still will not pick anything so I ask her which ones she wanted. Her answer was Draculaura, Abbey or Spectra. I reminder her there was one at the first store we went! She hadn't seen her!
It was late, the store was close by then so we went the next day. Spectra was not in the kids clothes department any more so I ask to the toy clerk and it turn out she was bought 5 minutes before we arrived! We even got to see her in the hands of her new owner T_T
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline OMGitsaLisa

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 09:25:31 AM »
Sig Robecca for me. It was before I was into Monster High but I saw her and loved her, but convinced myself I was too old for dolls. A year later I got into them and dropped $35 on her (before I found the arena and realized how cheaply I could get an opened one).

Most recently, it was an $8 Clawvenus. I am repulsed by the doll itself and most of her outfit, but I really like her dress and that corset/belt thing she wears and I wish I had gone ahead and gotten her when she was that cheap because now I'm becoming obsessed with getting her and I haven't seen her drop below $9 and while it's only a dollar difference, I have drawn this line with myself that if I can't get her for $8 then I just won't get her. I talked myself out of her initially because I was already spending a lot of money on loads of other cheap dolls so I figured I could live without her.

Offline Marisol Coxi

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is my personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
Everysingle doll...  :blush:
marisolcoxi on tumblr!!

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 07:25:39 AM »
There was a time I would have said Sig. Ghoulia, 2.0 Frankie, but honestly as I look at my collection now I think I can comfortably say no, I have no regrets.  I am super happy with all the dolls I have.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline airiel

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 08:05:29 AM »
All the clearance signature Holts when no one was interested in the weird looking blue boy.  Numerous Targets had around ten of him for $7.50 each.  Would have been nice trading fodder!

Airiel

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
    • Carol Phillips Art -  Fantasy Fine Art , Illustration and design
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 03:14:49 PM »
dance draculara in stores!!  bah  i really should have bought her!

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
All of the early ones. Basically. I didn't get into MH until recently, because I thought they were a bit too left field, and now I'm sad that I didn't get into them sooner.

Offline dollfan92

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 11:38:12 AM »
I saw 13 wishes Howleen and Dance Class Robecca on black Friday and I regret not picking them up >.<

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 01:03:55 PM »
Haunt The Casbah.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »
I HAD a GR Draculaura once. I don't know why I fell out of love with her, but I ended up selling her, and now I miss her!! :sad:

Offline desiree.lari

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 05:20:45 PM »
I once had one of every character, up to Freaky Fusion..and then I sold them all because EAH took my heart..and now I miss only one that I sold..my Nefera..I'm actually in the process of finding a new one (so if anyone has one that they're selling.. :whistle:  ).

Edit: Soo..nevermind..I bought a nefera! She's just missing her ring and pet..and I paid $43 for her..not too bad I suppose...but yay! No more regretting selling her!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:57:54 PM by desiree.lari »

Offline shindeluxe

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Freaky Fabulous
  • yare yare
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 07:04:18 AM »
all of these posts are hurting me XD
shin | 24
jotarokujo@tumblr

Offline NitronicZombie

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »
Sig Werecat Twins, it was because I had no money at the time, a week later all gone :(

An utter Catastrophe

Offline shindeluxe

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Freaky Fabulous
  • yare yare
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 07:37:14 AM »
not mh, but i just passed by a ton of really cheap equestria girls (like $5 cheap) on clearance at target... i hope i dont regret that in the future XD i dont even collect them! but their clothes look like they could fit MH... can anyone confirm?
shin | 24
jotarokujo@tumblr

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »
I regret not getting into Monster High sooner, because I regret all the sig dolls I missed.  I went to Target at the mall in my city and they were pretty much cleaned out of Monster High dolls, except for a few sig dolls and I found Signature Draculaura and since she was a vampire I grabbed her.  I hadn't yet been 100% familiar with the characters at the time.  I also remember seeing sig Nefera and I didn't get her, because I remember how mean she was to the M.H. girls and now I want her, because she's so pretty.

I am happy about the new release of the signature dolls that's coming out this year but the two dolls I basically need are Cleo and Ghoulia and I believe those two dolls you have to get with the set, well at least I think Cleo will be sold by herself but Ghoulia won't be.  I think the set is $80 and I don't want to get the set basically for one doll.

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 10:27:42 AM »
I am happy about the new release of the signature dolls that's coming out this year but the two dolls I basically need are Cleo and Ghoulia and I believe those two dolls you have to get with the set, well at least I think Cleo will be sold by herself but Ghoulia won't be.  I think the set is $80 and I don't want to get the set basically for one doll.[/color]
Cleo is sold separately and Ghoulia will be in the pack only.  I saw Cleo, Clawdeen, Frankie and Lala at Target the other other day.  They are $14.99 each.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline empressariyana

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »
Honestly I regret missing out on all the pretty dolls that came out when I wasn't collecting them. For a while I didn't do a lot of shopping, so the first time I saw them was when Walgreens starting carrying the economy lines. I thought they were cute, but I talked myself out of buying any because I had huge collections of actions figures and other various toys. Now the only things I collect are the dolls and funko pop vinyls. Everything else I pass on.

Offline Grassshackgirl

• Midnight Magic
  • A doll a day...makes my wallet cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 02:13:38 AM »
I got into MH when DoTD came out, and bought that line and all of the signature line.  I sold them soon after because I discovered Pullips and thought I had moved on from department store dolls.  Fate is weird since I haven't purchased a Pullip in years.  Although I regret selling all of them, my biggest regret is first run signature Draculaura with the bigger eyes.  :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal