collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Great Ghouls! My Monster High [And Other] Collection [Update: 17.Mar. 2016]  (Read 9857 times)

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
I thought it might be fun to start a thread tracking the progress of my collection to date!

Old photos will be converted to small thumbnails and tucked under spoiler tags for the sake of tidiness, while new photos will be left visible!

Hopefully, I'll eventually have a dedicated display space for these guys, because that bookshelf is crowded, gets dusty fast, and is not exactly in prime real estate in the house.

17th Dec. 2014:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

23rd Dec. 2014:

1st Jan. 2015:

6th Jan. 2015:

THE COLLECTIVE AMERICA-TRIP HAULS

31st Jan. 2015:

8th Feb. 2015

15th Feb. 2015:

27th Feb. 2015:

5 Mar. 2015:

11 Mar. 2015:

14 Mar. 2015:

17 Mar. 2015:

6 July. 2015:

ANOTHER COLLECTIVE OF AMERICA-TRIP HAULS

30 Dec. 2015:

2 Feb. 2016:

15 Mar. 2016:
I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been posting much. Last month, I picked up some cool new things!

On 10th February, Sila became a hybrid using a Blob CAM body!

Shelf Snap - 10 Feb 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

The next day, I received these three beauties in a trade with dArcangel! They've been living on my desk, perched on the monitor ever since. I change their poses a few times a week.

Haul Snap - 11 Feb 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

Earlier this month, my AmiAmi order came in! This included a Captain Phasma S.H. Figuarts figure for a friend of mine, and my brand new Rainbow Moon Chalice from the Proplica line. I didn't take photos until a little later, because I'm still deciding how to handle the displays

On the 7th, I received a surprise parcel from a friend in Japan. He's been very kindly picking up Premium Bandai release Figuarts for me on occasion, and was able to get these two for me.

Haul Snap - 7 Mar 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

Shelf Snap - 7 Mar 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

Shelf Snap - 7 Mar 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

As you can see, things are getting a wee bit crowded in there!

Finally, today I met with a lovely local member of the Arena to pick up the Fearleading Werecats! I've been searching for them for a while, and saw her sales posted last month. She was very generous in allowing me to meet her today to make the exchange (my schedule has been very hectic lately and I had to delay meeting up until almost a month later), and I am in love with these ghouls!

While I was out, I picked up Lizzie and Iris on sale at TRU, and spotted the Black Series Phasma in the wild for the first time ever. Worried it would also be the last time ever, I bought her immediately.

Haul Snap - 15 Mar 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

17 Mar. 2016:
Sale is on at Big W, so I went ahead and picked up some ghouls and princesses I've been trying to find! The Dragon Games girls and Toralei were on sale, but Meowlody and Kitty were just dolls I've been trying to find, which have sold out elsewhere in my area.

On top of that, my phone died (I am suffering a tech curse at the moment, my motherboard is also officially on the out), so I picked up a new one via a plan with my mobile provider. This photo was taken with a shiny new S7. Which is the first time I've had a current generation phone. I generally bargain hunt and go a few generations back, which hasn't been too lucky for me. Bluh.

Haul Snap - 17 Mar 2016 by Lhia, on Flickr

I confess to being a bit disappointed in the Dragon Games girls. I had no idea that they didn't come with stands until I got home, which is a bit annoying considering they're quite pricey here in Australia. :(

Love the outfits, though. And especially love Kitty. Her fancy shoes may not be as delicate as the prototype's were, but the little books wrapped in the tails, and the colour change are both big improvements as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:58:41 AM by Lhianneth »

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Great Ghouls! My Monster High Collection
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
What a fantastic collection!!  I love how you have them all posed and hanging out.  Who is that little cutie next to River?? 
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »
'Scuse me while I fangasm at the tardisplosion
ALSKSJKJKSHDKA

Now that I got that out of ky system, that is a nice collection, love the arrangment

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »
Great collection! I love how you have them displayed :)

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
What a fantastic collection!!  I love how you have them all posed and hanging out.  Who is that little cutie next to River?? 

Thank you! I figured if I can't have them all lined up neatly, may as well have them interacting!

The doll next to River is Sila Clops from the Novi Stars line. I found her on clearance one day at Big W, tucked behind a bunch of MH dolls. Her little eye lights up when you press her earring, and her overall design makes me wish the line hadn't met a horrible death (which I only found out AFTER I got her home. Sigh.).

ALSKSJKJKSHDKA

Now that I got that out of ky system, that is a nice collection, love the arrangment

Thanks! And it's great, right?! We got it when the 50th Anniversary Pop-up shop made it to town; it's printed on canvas and stretched on a frame to resemble a real painting, too!

Also, a friend of ours knows a guy who builds TARDIS themed cabinets, DIY storage kits, and life-size replicas, so I've very seriously considered ordering one for my partner as a Christmas gift, but we'd have to find somewhere to put it. We're short on shelving (as that display shows), so it would be both practical and fantastically in-theme with our house (which is affectionately known as the Geek Den in our social circle, because all of our other friends live with or married people with more ...ah ... mature tastes in decor; ours is the house people come to for board game nights, because even our kitchen table was purchased with gaming in mind).

Great collection! I love how you have them displayed :)

Thank you! I hope to be able to give them a proper, dedicated display space soon. Those shelves are getting crowded!

Offline Gray

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
Aww, that looks great! Even if it's not a dedicated shelf, I love the use of levels to make it look really interesting :biggrin: So jealous of all the people that have room to display a lot of dolls though, haha.

Offline applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
OH that is an incredible collection!!  I love it, they look so cool just hanging out together.  I love the werecat corner, hehehe.  The photo collection idea is awesome!

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »
[
ALSKSJKJKSHDKA

Thanks! And it's great, right?! We got it when the 50th Anniversary Pop-up shop made it to town; it's printed on canvas and stretched on a frame to resemble a real painting, too!

Also, a friend of ours knows a guy who builds TARDIS themed cabinets, DIY storage kits, and life-size replicas, so I've very seriously considered ordering one for my partner as a Christmas gift, but we'd have to find somewhere to put it. We're short on shelving (as that display shows), so it would be both practical and fantastically in-theme with our house (which is affectionately known as the Geek Den in our social circle, because all of our other friends live with or married people with more ...ah ... mature tastes in decor; ours is the house people come to for board game nights, because even our kitchen table was purchased with gaming in mind).

SO MUCH ENVY!
Awww, man, a life size TARDIS? I mean, C'mon! That would be AWESOME to have(And very very impractical, unless moded into a cabinet or fridge or something... still very awesome.)
Your house sounds like so much fun!

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »
Aww, that looks great! Even if it's not a dedicated shelf, I love the use of levels to make it look really interesting :biggrin: So jealous of all the people that have room to display a lot of dolls though, haha.

Thank you! It's amazing what cleverness limited space will result in. haha

I hope that some day, I'll have those shelving units you can nail into the wall, so I can display the dolls above my workspace.

OH that is an incredible collection!!  I love it, they look so cool just hanging out together.  I love the werecat corner, hehehe.  The photo collection idea is awesome!

Thank you! I thought it might be fun to document the progress of my collection as it grows (because goodness knows I'm hooked now).

And of course Toralei had to hang out with Purrsephone and Meolody. They're practically a family! ;D

[
ALSKSJKJKSHDKA

SO MUCH ENVY!
Awww, man, a life size TARDIS? I mean, C'mon! That would be AWESOME to have(And very very impractical, unless moded into a cabinet or fridge or something... still very awesome.)
Your house sounds like so much fun!

RIGHT? They have one in their house that they use for storage (and hiding their cats from their landlord, which I don't really ... ah ... condone).

Another friend of ours has one in her back yard that she and her husband built for their son, who is a MASSIVE Whovian. He's about eight now, and for his last birthday, they hired a Doctor impersonator and a smoke machine so that he could come to the party. It was great. They snuck the Tardis sound effect into the "dance mix" their son wanted played for the party, and that was the Doctor's cue! (though the impersonator legally calls himself "Space Scientist for Hire")

We know a lot of very geek-friendly couples, and it's really rubbing off on their kids.

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »
Added new dolls to the (now quite crammed) bookshelf. Have been discussing getting those wall-hanging cubes from Ikea to put in my sewing room, so I can store the dolls there (which means they will have more room to themselves).

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Great Ghouls! My Monster High Collection [Update: 16.JAN.15]
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
You are going to have a ball opening all those boxes  :biggrin:
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
Oh, did I EVER. I sat at the table in my parents' house, opening each box, one by one. They're all stashed in (padded) shoeboxes in my luggage now. I can't wait to get them all home and up on the shelves with my other ghouls!

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 02:19:49 PM »
Great update, congratulations!
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 02:27:22 PM »
Thank youuuuu! I was just in awe of how CHEAP they are, and so excited to see them all in person. I thought the Amazon pricing situation was perhaps the discounted rate (the way they often have movies/games for less), so that was almost a bit alarming ... and resulted in a splurge of doll-hunting. They're mostly half the price of dolls in Australia (some of the ones I found for clearance even less).

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 04:56:09 PM »
So much awesome!!!
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 06:57:09 AM »
Highlights of this trip: doll-hunting and Blind Guardian.

... at least I can say there were highlights? I'll be happy to get home and unpack my new ghouls to get them on the shelf, though. Several also will be in need of a spa day, but that can wait until after the jetlag wears off. ^^;

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 08:43:17 PM »
Holy Mackerel! Awesome haul! (Skelita is the most awesome doll EVER)

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 02:46:14 PM »
Holy Mackerel! Awesome haul! (Skelita is the most awesome doll EVER)

I really do like her. A lot. So finding her for just $5 was pretty amazing!

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
    • Mandarin Cupcake - Etsy Shop
Re: Great Ghouls! My Monster High Collection [Update: 8.FEB.15]
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
You're collection looks awesome! Congrats on getting GG Spectra! I haven't seen her yet in person! Does she have the milky skin like the other GG girls?

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
Re: Great Ghouls! My Monster High Collection [Update: 8.FEB.15]
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 03:30:49 PM »
You're collection looks awesome! Congrats on getting GG Spectra! I haven't seen her yet in person! Does she have the milky skin like the other GG girls?

Thank you! And yes, she does! Her fingers are a bit less opaque than the rest of her limbs, but not the usual hard, clear plastic (same goes for Lala's hands as well, but Twyla's are a pretty solid grey as usual).

I find that the shimmery, pearlescent plastic makes Spectra's features a lot more delicate and youthful looking. I normally find her dolls a bit too mature in the face for my tastes.