collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: what are your favorite doll clothing swaps?  (Read 17774 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: what are your favorite doll clothing swaps?
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »
Thanks dfotw!

Are Bratz/Bratzillaz clothing swaps OK to post here?
Lisa
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Myrcury

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Official Candy Ghoul (says Dfotw!) <3
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2017, 12:17:33 AM »
I see no reason why not! I see a Pullip on the last page - and I think I posted a mini Blythe wearing a Novi Star dress around here somewhere. XD So go for it! :)

My Sales *** My Trades *** My Wishlist

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2017, 01:04:37 AM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dfotw, is your Catrine head on a Spectra body perchance?

Indeed! :biggrin: It was my first 'serious' mod, giving a Spectra body a tail so I could have my Catrine Cheshire. Good eye! ;)

I was SO excited to see her, what with all the Skelekitties I'd been pondering a Ghostikitty! If you don't mind, which Spectra & Catrine did you use?

She's SPOOKtacular! And I LOVE that she's a Cheshire kitty!!!

Thank you! And yes, moar Ghostkitties! :biggrin: I used Ghouls Getaway Spectra and Gloom and Bloom Catrine, but I think those two are generally a good match in all incarnations. Good luck with yours!

Any tips for adding her tail? I have a Spectra who is also becoming a ghost kitty (just waiting on the head to arrive...) and I was trying to figure out the best method for doing it. So far, I'd considered adding a belt like the one on Freaky Fusion inspired Scarah, and hiding it under a poofy dress.

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2017, 12:51:03 PM »

Indeed! :biggrin: It was my first 'serious' mod, giving a Spectra body a tail so I could have my Catrine Cheshire. Good eye! ;)

I was SO excited to see her, what with all the Skelekitties I'd been pondering a Ghostikitty! If you don't mind, which Spectra & Catrine did you use?

Thank you! And yes, moar Ghostkitties! :biggrin: I used Ghouls Getaway Spectra and Gloom and Bloom Catrine, but I think those two are generally a good match in all incarnations. Good luck with yours!

Any tips for adding her tail? I have a Spectra who is also becoming a ghost kitty (just waiting on the head to arrive...) and I was trying to figure out the best method for doing it. So far, I'd considered adding a belt like the one on Freaky Fusion inspired Scarah, and hiding it under a poofy dress.

I drilled a hole in the back of the Spectra body, about the same height as the hole is in the Catrine body. I don't have power tools, so I used pointy screws and a bit of elbow grease until I got the width necessary to hold the Catrine tail in place. I was nervous about screwing it up, but it was pretty easy! Let me know if you need pics.

And to keep the thread on topic, here's a redress that made me fall in love with the doll all over again. FdC Toralei honouring her Indian roots (in a Bratz outfit from a 'genie' collection and Djinni shoes):

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2017, 03:44:47 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/spoiler]

I drilled a hole in the back of the Spectra body, about the same height as the hole is in the Catrine body. I don't have power tools, so I used pointy screws and a bit of elbow grease until I got the width necessary to hold the Catrine tail in place. I was nervous about screwing it up, but it was pretty easy! Let me know if you need pics.

And to keep the thread on topic, here's a redress that made me fall in love with the doll all over again. FdC Toralei honouring her Indian roots (in a Bratz outfit from a 'genie' collection and Djinni shoes):

[/quote]

Noooo to the power tools on my part. I'd be too worried about drilling a hole straight through by mistake. I have a hand-powered craft drill I might give a go, or else just follow your example and gently dig in with a screw. ;)

Cheers!

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
Lhia, in googling about the sanding needles I came across something called a 'pin vice' - used for drilling into small scale stuff like miniatures. Might be what's needed for drilling tail holes?

dfotw, I ADORE that pic of Toralei...and those gold boots in the Djinni fashion set were a big reason I got her. Also the gold lamé pants. lol

Lisa

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
Lhia, in googling about the sanding needles I came across something called a 'pin vice' - used for drilling into small scale stuff like miniatures. Might be what's needed for drilling tail holes?

dfotw, I ADORE that pic of Toralei...and those gold boots in the Djinni fashion set were a big reason I got her. Also the gold lamé pants. lol

Lisa

Any details beyond that? Pin vices are what those super basic reroot tools are. A "pin vice drill" has a little flat bit on back that you set against your hand, which spins without unthreading. The craft drill I have uses one attached to a handle for grip. :)

(Technically, Xacto knives/scalpels and many screwdrivers with detachable parts are also based on pin vices...)

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2017, 06:49:38 AM »

Lhia, I created a new thread about pin vices and tail holes: http://mharena.com/index.php?topic=14201.new#new

Aaaaaand, we're back to doll clothing swaps! Here are two I really like - Bratzillaz Switch-a-Witches, wearing Bratz clothes but mostly boyz ones! I think the jeans, 'leather' pants, and the orangey shirt are Bratz boyz. Pink/blue wig is Switch-a-Witch. Green flower some random flower barrette I found. Red crop top, I think Bratz, from some ebay lot. The black wig is a faux fur handmade one.

'Scuse the flash, I know some don't like it, but these were taken last year before I joined MHArena. I kinda like the blown out effect myself, in moderation.   :biggrin:

And with the standing doll, I purposely positioned the flash halo around her hand.

Bratzillaz Switch-a-Witch wearing Bratz clothing by Lisa, on Flickr

Bratzillaz Switch-a-Witch wearing Bratz clothing by Lisa, on Flickr

2017 Bratzillaz doll wearing Bratz clothing, faux fur handmade wig by Lisa, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:27:19 AM by DogMom »

Offline lucifercrossing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • lucifercrossing tumblr
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2017, 05:42:18 PM »
jinafire looks great in luna's black body suit & neck piece thing! but then again there's not much plain black clothing DOESN'T go with.. will update post with some pictures when I take some!  :angel:

update: here's the pictures

luna mothews wearing jina's ghouls getaway look

jina longfire wearing luna's boo york look
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:08:09 PM by lucifercrossing »

Offline Listie

• Down Undah Diva
  • Frankie Stein Fanatic!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2017, 11:35:00 PM »
I don't have any pics, but I do have a request. Does anyone have River Styxx & Ari Hauntington Dessert Ghouls doll? I'd like to see Ari's dress & headpiece on River, seeing as she's a candy-loving party ghoul.
Cheers! :biggrin:

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »

Apple White by Raye Del Sol, on Flickr

Put the dress from my Party Ghouls Abbey doll. I think it's an adorable look for her. What do you think?

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2017, 05:28:46 PM »
Wow! Apple looks stunning in that dress! I've never wanted her, but now I'm considering grabbing the next I find to redress her in blue...

Offline DogMom

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »

Uber-cuteness! That's a great outfit anyway, and the darker outfit really lets Apple's hair shine!