collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Fakies, good for a laugh.  (Read 289414 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Re: Fakies, good for a laugh.
« Reply #840 on: May 22, 2014, 06:16:06 PM »
Is it just me or does the head seem slightly smaller than a regular MT head?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Among_the_Stars

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Spooktacular
  • Non coelo tantum, sed et mari suae stellae sunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 22, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
I like her face more too, it's so sweet.

I don't have the real thing to compare to, but compared to Barbie or MH, the plastic does feel lighter, so I suspect they're re-casts. It's still pretty solid, though, and they both hold poses extremely well.  I've seen MH fakies that cost way more and weren't this well-made, so I'm really pleased.

Post Merge: May 22, 2014, 06:58:58 PM

Is it just me or does the head seem slightly smaller than a regular MT head?

Here's a crappy comparison pic.  ^^; Seriously, sorry, but my laptop broke and I'm stuck using my phone.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:58:58 PM by Among_the_Stars »

Offline StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 22, 2014, 10:37:01 PM »
Okay! I got my dollies (thanks to my husband going to the post office to sign for them since he wasn't home when the postman came by<3), I should have read the description closer on the Monster Elves "Scaris" fakie since it said there was a "chance" the box would get flattened in shipping since they do not ship in boxes "to cut shipping costs". More like it WILL get crushed.

Wydowna Fakies by StormyRavenNeko, on Flickr

The Monster Girl Monster-conic Lipgloss Set I actually paid less for that came in a much larger box was boxed & not bagged. The box received a little damage but nothing like the other. LOL

Wydowna Fakies by StormyRavenNeko, on Flickr

And then The fakies with the real Wydowna in the middle:

Unboxed fakie Wydownas with the real Wydowna in the middle by StormyRavenNeko, on Flickr

Unboxed fakie Wydownas with the real Wydowna in the middle by StormyRavenNeko, on Flickr

From a far you cannot really tell that they are fakies like bewilderness had stated earlier. When you actually handle them you can tell by the way the limbs are flimsy (imagine the feel of MH hands taken and then used for the legs (below the knee) and arms (including the upper arm). The heads are thinner and lack a lot of the facial contouring that the original has. The eye sockets that have the actual iris' are sunken in indents (like the EAH girls), and the bug eyes are missing the appearance of eybrows. The texture of the hair reminds me of the hair that Barbie fakies have if you're ever had the chance to play with those. The clothes of both girls require you to pull the head off to change - luckly the heads are anchored a bit like a CAM head. I'm liking the way the blue, gold, & purple look against her and I have a feeling that one will be rooted in a bright purple & one in a deep topaz blue.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:48:01 PM by StormyRavenNeko »

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #843 on: May 23, 2014, 05:44:21 PM »

Omg you guys... Are those Maddie heads? With teal-only hair? I think I'm in love!  :)

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 25, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »
Oh goodness... I've avoided fakies this long, but Maddie heads might do me in. I love prototype stuff, even weirdly colored prototypes.

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
« Reply #845 on: May 25, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »
Here she is.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

As you can see, she has the same body as the Liv fakie. They're both made by the same fakie company, "Happy Toys", and they both cost about $3.

Her clothes are nothing special, but I was surprised to see she's actually wearing a wig! It's the exact same wig as the Liv fakie, only longer and without the braids.

You know, it's weird but I think I actually like the Moxie Teenz head on the Liv body better than the Liv heads. Liv heads always looked a little.. off to me. (No offense to anyone who likes/liked them.) I like her!  :biggrin: How is the quality of the doll as far as construction goes? Do you think she's made of genuine parts, or re-casts?

Ooh, me too!  Any way you'd be willing to pick up one of those fakies for me?  :bateyes:

Offline GhouliaAndAbbey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vampire Slayer
  • "A ghoul can dream, can she not-," Ghoulia Yelps
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 25, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »
I picked up this girl today. She has the exact same mold as a MH doll, except she's lacking knee joints and her hips make a terrbile noise when you bend her.
Art by CreamoDreamo :D

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #847 on: May 25, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »
I picked up this girl today. She has the exact same mold as a MH doll, except she's lacking knee joints and her hips make a terrbile noise when you bend her.

I <3 her!!  Where did you find her?
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline GhouliaAndAbbey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Vampire Slayer
  • "A ghoul can dream, can she not-," Ghoulia Yelps
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 25, 2014, 06:14:15 PM »

Family Dollar.
Art by CreamoDreamo :D

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 25, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »

Family Dollar.

Actually her mold is almost the same as Nefera. I have all four of the glitter ones but there are also ones that are regular pastel colors.

Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dancing through life
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 25, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
Where do you guys find the Twilight Teens dolls? I've been craving Ghostilla and now I really need all three of those new ones! I have no idea where to look! I'm in Florida, if that helps.

Offline Among_the_Stars

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Spooktacular
  • Non coelo tantum, sed et mari suae stellae sunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 25, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »
Here she is.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

As you can see, she has the same body as the Liv fakie. They're both made by the same fakie company, "Happy Toys", and they both cost about $3.

Her clothes are nothing special, but I was surprised to see she's actually wearing a wig! It's the exact same wig as the Liv fakie, only longer and without the braids.

You know, it's weird but I think I actually like the Moxie Teenz head on the Liv body better than the Liv heads. Liv heads always looked a little.. off to me. (No offense to anyone who likes/liked them.) I like her!  :biggrin: How is the quality of the doll as far as construction goes? Do you think she's made of genuine parts, or re-casts?

Ooh, me too!  Any way you'd be willing to pick up one of those fakies for me?  :bateyes:

Sure. I was thinking of getting another one to repaint, I can get one for you. :)

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »

Family Dollar.

Actually her mold is almost the same as Nefera. I have all four of the glitter ones but there are also ones that are regular pastel colors.

I have them all too :blush:  My custom Werecat Dawn stole this one's dress so she is nakey, ATM XD  She's also my favorite of all the Midnight Magic dolls!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 26, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
hey dear fakie Wydowna owners: do these fakie girls have normal MH feet, or are they smaller? I am still very tempted to get one to reroot, but can't decide which type to get. I was already thinking it's just the box and clothes that differ, and the doll herself is the same underneath, so I can just go for the cheapest one available, but then I saw the one whith the umbrella (also available on eBay), and she seems to have small feet. upon closer inspection, the one that has the white spiderweb boots and the red-silver dress also seems to have feet that don't fill the shoes all the way. the one Michelle has seems to have normal-sized feet, but after all I'm not sure anymore...
Barbie-sized feet freak me out, so I'd love to make sure I don't get one with those >_<

wow, I don't know what to say about the MT fakies... I love Liv bodies, but MT heads always seemed off on them (but then again, Liv heads also seemed off on their own bodies :P ). I'm currently searching for Liv bodies to give some of my dolls better articulations, and I never thought of looking for fakies. hm, tempting...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:22:02 PM by Loona »
:roch: :skel:

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 26, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »
My Fakie Wydowna has regular MH sized feet, as do most of my fakies. 
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 26, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
My fakie Wydownas have normal MH feet as well. :)

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 27, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
My restyled Fakies are the bomb-diggity.  I am so loving these guys and I hope you enjoy my pictures.  Sit back and enjoy  there are a lot of dolls here:

Artica Fox:

From the same seller Fakies:

EAH has got nothing on us Fakies:

Styling like Frankie:

An ad for Azerzombie and Witch:

Roman Holiday:

Such pretty girls:

Blob girl:

Look out!  She's got a chainsaw!

Wydowna Fakies:

Rehaired Venus and Abbey heads on cheap Fakie bodies:

So now you see why I've been a little obsessed lately!!  I told you all that I was in real deep, now I have proof.  Yes, they're all individual dolls too, I have several duplicates.
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 27, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
Have you gotten any of the inset eye ones yet?

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 27, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »
Holy cow Michelle, what a collection!  :dropjaw:

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #859 on: May 27, 2014, 06:22:35 PM »
Clearly, for those of us who love fakies, Michelle is our unquestioned and rightful queen.  :biggrin:

Oh man, I'm starting to really want that white werewolf again... Agh! ^^;