collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Ameyal's hauls  (Read 42675 times)

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Ameyal's hauls
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
 :biggrin:
Not my first purchase, but all other were made before joining the forum, soooo

Ever since I started collecting MH, I have wanted a Skellita(I'm mexican... so there) but since I discovered the mansters are way waaaay more rare, I decided to get her whenever I'm not able to get a guy... so, three guys and counting :p

Walmart has opened their "Juguetilandia" section(Toyland) and some lines were cheaper than normal including the Ghoul Spirit. After several weeks of not finding Slo-mo(And getting Save Frankie Jackson and later Neighthan) I was lucky to spot this guy.... in a completely different part of the store.
I'm kind of dissapointed that his body doesn't have zombie details like Neighthan's does, but eh, he's awesome.
He was mine for 189 pesos(About 14 dollars, so not that different... unless Amazon is right and he's retailing for 40 dollars which holy crab is a lot)

I'm kind of limiting myself to only one doll a week... but flea market finds don't count, sooo

Operetta. Yes, her arms are missing, and she's a little dirty on the face, but OMG she's still gorgeous.  Plus, half the fun I'm having is on trying to design stuff for them. The no-arms thing *is* a problem, but I'm experimenting different ways to tackle the problem. She was only ten pesos (About 75 cents)

aaaaaand the greatest find I have had:

A nice lady was selling brand new dolls and she had this Scarah, an Art Draculaura, Skull Shores Lagoona and an Abbey I don't remember which line was from, 180 pesos each(A little more than 13 dollars). I already have two Draculauras and one Lagoona, and since the Abbey was froma budget line, I only grabbed Scarah. If I see the lady again, I'll probably get the Abbey.

I already destroyed the packages :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:09:12 PM by Ameyal »

Offline Among_the_Stars

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Spooktacular
  • Non coelo tantum, sed et mari suae stellae sunt.
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend haul
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:25:10 PM »
Congrats! Those are fantastic finds! :D

I'll have to check my local Walmart one of these days to see if they already opened their Juguetilandia.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:52:48 AM »
Congratulations! Awesome haul!
SloMo! I've only seen him 2 times in the wild!
wow! how come you get so awesome prices?! i can never find them! snif snif

Make sure to stalk juguetilandis often as walmart just brought the NS wave 2 which includes InvisiBilly!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:36:27 AM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline SweetScreams

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 05:33:10 AM »
Wow, great haul! :D Slo Mo is so special, a wery good first manster imo ^__^

Also... 10 pesos Operetta. Score! XD

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »
Congrats! Those are fantastic finds! :D

I'll have to check my local Walmart one of these days to see if they already opened their Juguetilandia.
I know, good luck and thanks!

Congratulations! Awesome haul!
SloMo! I've only seen him 2 times in the wild!
wow! how come you get so awesome prices?! i can never find them! snif snif

Make sure to stalk juguetilandis often as walmart just brought the NS wave 2 which includes InvisiBilly!
No joke, I looked for him in at least 8 different stores(some even in other cities!) and was very close to buy the five pack just for him, but alas, that was not necessary!
I did see some NS dolls there... on the unreachable top shelf... And I already had my week monster, so I didn't thought on looking for him, plus I already spotted him on a Soriana(4 of them... which seems to be a lot, since of the recent lines, I have only seen the only slo-mo, two jacksons(walmart) and all stores have at least 3 Neighthans). He's my planned catch for next week. At this rate I think I'm gonna get Skelita until christmas haha
And I'm very very lucky to live in a city that is very close to the border(Monclova... which I'm gonna call MoonClawVa), so we have several flea markets at competitive prices. Before I started getting MH, I saw basically new ones(good shape, fully dressed, with shoes and an accesory) for 100 pesos, but I haven't run into them again.

Wow, great haul! :D Slo Mo is so special, a wery good first manster imo ^__^

Also... 10 pesos Operetta. Score! XD
Teeechnically he's my fifth manster, third store bough, but I do realize the immensely good luck I had finding him.

And... would you believe 10 pesos is in the mid range of prices? I got Deuce(with shoes and shorts) for 20, Frankie, and two Draculaura's for 5(each, all lacking armas/hands) and Clawd/Clawdeen the two for 15.

And since it would be silly of me opening threads every other day for my finds, today's haul:

No idea how this playset is called, but I know it's from a  Spectra playset. The chair is missing the base, but it's no biggie, some hot glue, paint and it will be good to go. It was 20 pesos($1.5), but I got a bunch of other stuff for that price.

PETS!
I know the troll knock off is from Bratzillaz and the big headed green thing is from Novi stars, but I liked them.... AND ROBECCA'S PENGUIN!... I don't have any Robbeca(But I do love her concept), so I guess she's gonna be on my list. Each was 5 pesos. (... like 40 cents... give or take)

Yeaaahhh... not MH, but he's still awesome... and fully dressed, which is very rare. 30 pesos($2.25), so I couldn't resist him.... he's gonna be playing the part of Manny Taur until I get one... IF I get one :P

The lucky find of today, an Operetta and a Ghoulia, 10 pesos each. I almost didn't buy them, as they are... very very VERY well loved, but both had good selling points:
Operetta face is a really weird color, and her legs are covered in scotch tape that I'm kinda afraid to take off, but she's more complete than the other I had. SO I put her arm in my other Operetta and the arm-hand in a Draculaura that was missing exactly that.
Ghoulia hair is horrible. It's dry and scrunchy. And somehow smells like cake. The selling point(apart from the fact that I din't own a Ghoulia) is that she had shoes on. MH shoes are very very hard to come by(Haven't seen any fashion packs at the stores), so the doll was a plus.
Worse come to worse I'll use the torsos for when/if I get CAM add-ons, as I really don't mind the different colors. They add character.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:19:31 PM by Ameyal »

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Ameyal's hauls
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 05:11:26 PM »
I've still never seen Slo Mo sig realize in stores!!  Congrats on getting this illusive boy doll and welcome again to the forum!!!
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
    • Mandarin Cupcake - Etsy Shop
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
Congrats on finding SloMo in the wild! I haven't seen him by himself either. And congrats on your other dolls :) I also wanted Skelita because of my Mexican heritage.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 06:23:33 PM »
Thanks!

Today's haul:

Gloom Beach Venus... was boxed in a Lagoona box, and funny enough, included Lagoona's glasses and purse. She was basically "out of the box" quality, as the only sign she has been played with is that her ponytails is braided her accesories still have the clear bands that hold them. She's my first Venus and was mine for 100 pesos(A little over 7 bucks) which is standard for dolls in this condition.
Cleo was yet another 10 pesos find. The lady wanted 15 but as she saw I wasn't going to buy her(Not a fan of Cleo... no offense, but she looks too human for my tastes) she immediatly dropped the price. I don't have any Cleo's, so she went home with me. The clothes seem to be Barbie or Skipper, as they're kind of loose, but fit the boys just right. Well, the top too, but is KIND of girlie for them haha

The bench was also a good find(20 pesos). PRetty sure it's a spice rack, but it fits the dolls almost right, but I think a cushion will remedy that. I'm also thinking on painting it as much as I like the sheep, they look damaged, so I'm thinking black would do the trick

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 04:06:28 PM »
Flea market finds!

Clawdeen and Operetta, both for 80 pesos each(6 dollars). They're in very good state, Clawdeen even has the hairband with the original clear bands. Her hair was messy, but I just combed it and was good to go. Her only "but" was that she's missing her shoes, but heh, the rest of her is perfect. Operetta(Third one!) is apparently only missing her bag and mask. Her shoes are made of awesome.
The other two, the green one I though at first was a broken Scarah, but upon closer inspection it seems to be a CAM witch, and the other one a CAM Ice with assorted pieces(ALL LEGS ARE RIGHTS!) I know torsos are kind of hard to get, specially if you like only the add ons, so these were no brainers, specially since the seller thought he was ripping me off with broken dolls. I paid 5 each. hehe
Oh, and I painted the bench, it is sooo cute.
Clawdeen: "Do you know those headless girls?"
Operetta: "No, but if we ignore them they might go away!"

Thanks to "El Buen Fin" (Mexican Black Friday knock off) I got Skelita... for basically the U.S. list price, which isn't bad at all haha. Anyway, she's all things I thought, and prolly more. I might break my "one of each" rule(again) and get Scaris Skelita and I <3 accesories.
One thing I noticed on my Skelita is that the rooter seems to have screwed up with her orange highlights, as all other dolls have a single orange streak, while mine has black/orange interwoven. And I love her more for that.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 05:53:47 PM »

Finally got Invisi-Billy!
Gotta say, his invisibility gimmick looks very very cool

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Gratz on your Skelita!  :biggrin:  She is one of my favorite MH dolls, actually probably my sentimental favorite.  I went from not sure I even wanting to her (Scaris Skelita when first released), to loving her more than any of my other dolls when released her from the box.  A friend got AC Skelita for me in a trade we did and I just love those girls.  If you get a chance to get Scaris Skelita do it, she is great.  By the way I love your Skelita's hair.  I am waiting to find the new Skelita to add her to my Calavaras family  :)

I have also never seen Slo Mo in the wild.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »
Thanks! I already saw the new Skelita but she's insanely pricey, and have seen a couple of Scaris, but I'm waiting to next payday, I went overbudget last weekend!
I'm beggining to love all the girls that have unique molds to them, I mean, more than her heads :p

I had posted about Lagoonafire before, but not in the brags section :p
She's awesome, and will be even more awesome once I give her a better hairdo haha
Then I got Ghoulia and her scooter! It was almost complete, except for her helmet, but, heh, she's a zombie, I don't think she should be concerned about safety that much.
I got Fakie because she has a cute face, even if she's kind of bald and doesn't have a leg, but I'm going to behead her for the CAM torsos I have and name her something Chimera-like.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
Aaaaannddddd

Dance Class!
OMG, I'm in love with this pack, all characters have something that truly truly sets them apart, from Lagoona's fins to Operetta's scars(and bigger bust) to Gil's unique fins and scales!
Robecca has easily become my favorite doll of the bunch, sharing the spot with Skelita, and Rochelle's expression is just so unbelievably cute!

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
It keeps getting better!!!  Congrats on your new dolls:)

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 06:28:04 PM »
Thank you!
Today I found:

Fluttershy plushie! (Cuz, why not?) Dead Tired Robecca(Missing shoes, but if she's going to sleep....)  aaaaand a very very damaged Lagoona. I felt kinda sorry for her, bad hair, horrible leg injuries and no hands. No one was going to buy her any time soon, so I got her.

This was her body. I *hope* those are dog bite marks, 'cuz otherwise, yowza.
Anyway, I decided to use her body on the CAM bodyparts I have, and I really don't know what kind of torture was she subjected, as I used hot water to soften her and her neck broke, leaving the hook thingie inside her. Luckily, after some combing and washing, she looks very nice, and I'm gonna call this one Chima Era... or something

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »

Today was productive!
Lagoona *finally* has fins!  :green: (And stole Billy's outfit, but that's beside the point).
She also has two new friends: Gloom Beach Jackson(Who is wearing some Ken's sandals, as he was missing his original shoes... this version had shoes, right?) and a little porcupine that I'm not sure what his(her?) name is, or if it even belongs to MH, but was in the same box as Jackson, so yeah.

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 11:22:59 PM »
You find the BEST stuff at these flea markets. What's your secret? @_@

Hedgehog is Howleen's pet Cushion!

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »
You find the BEST stuff at these flea markets. What's your secret? @_@

Hedgehog is Howleen's pet Cushion!

SERIOUSLY!!  Take us shopping with you next time you go:)

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »
Haha, no secret, We have tons of Flea markets here(I mean, one each day, same vendors, mostly) since we are very close to the border to the U.S.A., a part of the people economy comes from selling stuff from there(either new or used, got from garage sales) plus, this time of the year most people are trying to get rid of old stuff to get new stuff(GB Jackson and DT Robecca, while the parents were there, the money was given to the girls selling them). Most of the year I don't see that many stuff hehe.

Anyway, nothing MH this time, but I found one of my "Grail Dolls" from when I started collecting:

Jake from the Liv line!
I don't even buy Livs anymore, but I had always wanted this guy(He has very good articulation), but from what I had seen he's relatively rare to get(Costs 70 bucks on Amazon, yikes!) I have no idea what the heck he's wearing, but they look like Ken clothes... and Jedi boots haha. He looks very different in person as how I have seen in pictures :o
Comparing him to MH, I think he's the perfect size to be a "big brother" (And he doesn't look as out of place as the Liv does with the MH line)

Here he is Jackson's older brother(Ken clothes fit, but do look a little big on him

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
aaanndd

Ghouls Alive Deuce... Manster alive?
I honestly got him for him stock, his arm is broken and all that, but I have kind of warmed up to him enough to keep him as is, with a cool backstory about how he lost his arm.
Also, a platypus, a capibara, a cute kitty and what I'm gonna call Neptuna2