collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

December 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Boo York, Boo York A Monsterific Musical!  (Read 235757 times)

Offline Jenny

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: Boo York, Boo York A Monsterific Musical!
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
what is even going on if that is a legit MH doll she has the BIGGEST eyes I've ever seen (love her helmet though!)

also it really looks like someone forgot to finish colouring Catty's outift. XD I know it's just her silver trademark mirror thing but still

I really want to know who that person beside Cleo(?) is! She looks really interesting; seems to have some kind of cyber-feel going on, what with the marking on her head and her pants/boots

She looks like GiGi

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 06:03:53 PM »
what is even going on if that is a legit MH doll she has the BIGGEST eyes I've ever seen (love her helmet though!)

also it really looks like someone forgot to finish colouring Catty's outift. XD I know it's just her silver trademark mirror thing but still

I really want to know who that person beside Cleo(?) is! She looks really interesting; seems to have some kind of cyber-feel going on, what with the marking on her head and her pants/boots

She looks like GiGi
That's what I was thinking too, Jenny!  I'm totally down for another Gigi release. 

So I scrolled through the entire Power Point presentation, and I'm convinced that this has to be legit.  Wow, I'm so crazy excited right now about that dark blue alien-looking doll!  But to be honest, I'm excited about ANY new doll  :biggrin:
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Among_the_Stars

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Spooktacular
  • Non coelo tantum, sed et mari suae stellae sunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 06:18:13 PM »
I thought it was fake, honestly but I'd be happy if it wasn't! Of course the coloring/artist variation is a factor, but I remember a while back there were some Bratz fans that photoshopped an MH line out of spite, so I'm always a bit suspicious... Glad to see it looks pretty official!!

No angry Bratz fan would fake a Mattel report and praise Mattel in said report (and photoshop a bunch of entirely new Barbie dolls) XD

Oh, but wouldn't you love to see them try? I would. XD

Offline BlueChaos

• Crazy Werecat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sister Pack
  • Wait...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »

She looks like GiGi
I've read rumors on a MH FB fan page that that could be Whisp. I hope it is!

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creeperific
  • Gallifrey Falls No More
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »
About freaking time that Mattel acknowledges that they've forgotten what Barbie is about. Neglecting B's playability and creativity for more glitter and more princesses has been a bad idea. I hate the unarticulated bodies, but if the faces and clothes are that nice I might be tempted to buy them for body swaps.

Want to see more of the blue girl, she definitely piques my curiosity. :)
just visiting this planet!
(Phl. 3:20)
>^..^<

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

Back to that report, I love how crazy defensive it is about Mattel's status as the "doll leader" on the toy market with three pages that just read "better BETTER B E T T E R". All the racially diverse Barbies made me smile :) Even interracial ones. And there's one that looks like a human Venus with a partially shaved head!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

THIS IS GLORIOUS! OMG! I have no use for a doll with no articulation, but these are so stunning.  :wow:

That was kind of ironic by the fact they didn't mention their overly white Fairytale fest in that slide show.

They have been working on that. Ginger is not white and no matter who Rosabella is she probably won't be white.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• EAH Addict
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Falling down the rabbit hole....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
I think the girl behind clawdeen kinda looks like sirena... at least that's who I thought it was at first glance...but wisp would be awesome! The alien looking girl...purple...Wow <3

Also loving what they are doing with Barbie! So much diversity, at first I was like ah none look like me...then I remembered that I'm blond with blue eyes...Barbie. lol. Seriously though I'm am thrilled with all the different beautiful faces they are making.

Back to monster high more catty! I know it will be forever till this movie comes out but I can't wait!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Offline lalalaberries

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 08:17:37 PM »
taking a closer look at the cover, the new character can't be Wisp or Kiyomi. The face detail looks like a motherboard and the little circle is actually the power/turn on/off logo. You can see her shoes and they have a motherboard print and a blue heel. She has circles for ears with little earrings/dangly things. Her neck appears to look a little like Skelitas, but is obviously not. I'd say shes a robot. Maybe Elle Edee or Lux Ptolemy?
Follow me on
Tumblr: partsungoddess.tumblr.com
Instagram: @dollicity
DeviantArt: MonsterGuy13
Flickr: Lalalaberries

Offline dArcangel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 08:27:42 PM »
Yup I think she's more likely to be an android/cyborg than anything else. Probably won't be Lux though, since she doesn't have any Egyptian motifs as far as I can tell...although she doesn't really strike me as being very 'LED'-ish either.

Offline Shuga

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Too busy playing with my dolls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
Okay, I love the alien girl, but I must be the only one who doesn't get the pun on her name. >w<

It's like saying "L.E.D." - light-emitting diode :)

Awww, thanks! :D
Sounds like it might be the name speculated for the robot.

Offline Listie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Frankie Stein Fanatic!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »
I got a quick look at these earlier, but I had to leave. Now I finally have a chance to say something.

Squee!!! Aliens and Androids and Robots, oh my! :lol:
That dark purple/blue girl character looks like a sapphire. She's so pretty! Her hand painted faceup looks a bit weird, but I'm sure the produced version will look miles better. I love her multi-faceted crystalline inspired outfit!
But I have to say I'm even more impressed with the new girl in the animated image. Goodness gracious, she's stunning! I see people thinks she looks like Sirena, or Whisp, but she reminds me more of Jane (in the face). That's a good thing in my book. I'm dying to see more of her! *Swoons*
Oh yeah, and Cleo is a goddess! She's just drop dead gorgeous!

I'm also really happy to see the newer, diverse Barbie characters! This is something I've been hoping for for quite some time. I love the bi-racial girls & the Venus-like girl with the shaved hair.

Offline UNICORNjt

• Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 09:26:05 PM »
I am totally excited for the Alien and Cyborg girl, and I hope they have to tye in to the Boo York line!

Here's just some random crazy alien headcanon I have~

An alien ghoul discovers Catty Noir's music is no longer transmitting through the universe, and she's like Catty's #1 fan. So she travels to Monster High and "abducts"(in like the nicest alien way) Catty with the assistance of her Android ghoulfriend!

This is literally an idea I came up with while trying to come up with an MH OC. So, I think I was possibly doing some psychic premonition stuff! Idk I could just be crazy~

Offline SugarSweet

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
  • have a lovely day!
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 10:58:32 PM »
Oh, wow, love the violet cutie!! I have really been hoping there will be more dolls with darker skin!

The other mystery girl does bear a marked resemblance to Wisp. I think this is either an early concept, before they realized how alike they look, oooooorrrrrrr...

Somehow Wisp escapes (or is released) from the lantern when she achieves a fully autonomous and corporeal body by assuming a bionic/cyborg form.

(Honestly, weirder things have happened in the MH universe.)
sorry I write so much~ I am just very wordy, and I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts ^^;

about me  my custom ideas  my tumblr!

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2014, 02:48:56 AM »

She looks like GiGi
I've read rumors on a MH FB fan page that that could be Whisp. I hope it is!

Whisp now looks like a color-swapped Gigi, remember. And she wanted to be the genie of the lantern, she doesn't want to escape. Also doubt Whisp would make a power symbol on her forehead and turn her body skeletal/robotic.

These 'rumors' about her being Whisp are just some people not zooming in on the pic XD It's a new character and she's got a computer theme.
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline Mama Teegz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2014, 04:09:58 AM »
I was just on Tumblr and someone reblogged this.. not sure if its 100% true but its exciting!

This doll looks like she has constellations on her dress! Definitely lends weight to the alien theory, though she kind of looks like a god with that head piece on so maybe she's from some old legend. I'd love to see the daughter of a celestial god! :worshippy: The daughter of Asteria or Hecate would be amazing!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:19:18 AM by Mama Teegz »

Offline Pyrefly Projects

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2014, 06:03:37 AM »
I wanted to think that this was finally another Nefera when I saw this, but I guess the beauty mark seals that debate.
Looking forward to seeing the Alien/Robotic girls in person, the concept seems like it will either make or break the franchise.. I sure hope they're not running out of ideas for legitimate monsters already >.<

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2014, 06:12:06 AM »
the concept seems like it will either make or break the franchise.. I sure hope they're not running out of ideas for legitimate monsters already >.<

If the Golden Hind, a robot and Fire Elementals qualify for Monster High, then aliens do as well. Aliens in all forms are the subject of many horror movies.

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
    • Katsetta.com
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2014, 07:21:54 AM »
I wanted to think that this was finally another Nefera when I saw this, but I guess the beauty mark seals that debate.
Looking forward to seeing the Alien/Robotic girls in person, the concept seems like it will either make or break the franchise.. I sure hope they're not running out of ideas for legitimate monsters already >.<

She's the daughter of HAL;) that's pretty monsterouse to me.
Daisy, daisy...

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2014, 09:03:17 AM »
Where are people seeing this alien doll?? I looked through all 98 pages of that "October Analyst" pdf and couldn't see her :C Zapper described her as Giger inspired, and I'm a Giger fanatic so I must see this doll :O can anyone post a pic?

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
Where are people seeing this alien doll?? I looked through all 98 pages of that "October Analyst" pdf and couldn't see her :C Zapper described her as Giger inspired, and I'm a Giger fanatic so I must see this doll :O can anyone post a pic?

It's the dark blue girl on the poster. I only described her as inspired by Giger because she looks a lot like his biomechanoids to me <3