collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

April 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28
29 30

Author Topic: The random doll/toy photography thread  (Read 57781 times)

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
Re: The random doll/toy photography thread
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »

A Shelby!  I wanted a Shelby so badly!  This has me watching one on eBay now. 

Offline Niksilp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »
I had kind of a crummy day but finding this cutie in my mailbox today made everything better!

She was made by the talented navkaze on DA.

She fits right in on my desk :D

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 07:12:23 AM »
I had the white Furby! Still functions X) The one of my brother screamed one day and then died. i'm not making this up. Furbies are scary. What's that flat Furby? Is it a clam? XD
Yes it is a clam, it is called Shelby.  I still have about 5-6 of the original version furbies but I do not think any of them are working any more.  I need to see if I can get them working and maybe put them up for trade  :)
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline lalalaberries

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 07:47:41 AM »
My only furby is white with a grey/multicoloured belly and he still works! He has a little hold in his beak though...
Follow me on
Tumblr: partsungoddess.tumblr.com
Instagram: @dollicity
DeviantArt: MonsterGuy13
Flickr: Lalalaberries

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
I had the white Furby! Still functions X) The one of my brother screamed one day and then died. i'm not making this up. Furbies are scary. What's that flat Furby? Is it a clam? XD
I believe you, I have read many strange things (and deaths >_< ) related to them XD mine thankfully all behave nice :3 though if you leave batteries in them (especially the originals) they sometimes wake up without you touching, or even looking at them. now that is scary! the little black one (still one of my favourites though :inlove: ) scared me to death once doing this, the little rascal :hmm:

yep, as others already mentioned, the blue one is a Shelby. I am kind of bipolar about them: I like their designs and would love to own a couple which have cool colours (the only other one I own is a purple one), but as a whole they never appealed to me as much as Furbys did. I'm sure part of this is that they are not that fluffy and cuddly.
for some reason they weren't too popular among their main target audience (but because of this they weren't produced for that long either, and thus usually cost more than Furbys. the main reason for me not owning more of them). I think this is at least partially due to their more "harsh" personalities. they have more manly voices, are less dependant (I mean they don't go "oh, hug me" all the time like Furbys do), and they can really be crabby and angry, and then they talk like some badass sailor. definitely less appealing to a child XD
:roch: :skel:

Offline skitterbug

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
Two of my tamagotchi Angels - since i'm taking lots of photos for a project, I figured I'd share some!

Offline tuneful87

• Trade Count: (+29)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »

I desperately wanted a Furby as a kid but my parents never bought me one *sigh*

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »
aww, that's too bad :/  :hug:
it was somewhat the other way 'round with me: they knew I wanted one, and I assume they would have even bought me one, but they were insanely high-priced here, and even though I wanted one really, and they knew that, I seriously told my parents not to get me one, not for that price.
my mother did get me one (the white baby in the bottom row) later second-hand.
that little baby is one of my most favourites still up to this day :inlove: coming to think of this, even now, about 60 Furbs later, most of my most favourites are still ones that have already been included in my early collection, so they are in this pic. like the brown-black one who speaks Japenese, and the grey 2005 one (the larger one in the right) - he's right there on a little table next to my desk.

yay! I'm happy to see a fellow tama lover skitterbug! I have never owned an Angel, though I so wished to!
coming to think of this, I'd love to start up one of my tamas, like, now. I usually had at least one with me still in university (granted, I did get some strange looks, but I didn't care  :P ), but I can't play with them at work, and it has been such a long time since I last had one of mine running. I miss them  :cry:
:roch: :skel:

Offline tuneful87

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
aww, that's too bad :/  :hug:
it was somewhat the other way 'round with me: they knew I wanted one, and I assume they would have even bought me one, but they were insanely high-priced here, and even though I wanted one really, and they knew that, I seriously told my parents not to get me one, not for that price.
my mother did get me one (the white baby in the bottom row) later second-hand.
that little baby is one of my most favourites still up to this day :inlove: coming to think of this, even now, about 60 Furbs later, most of my most favourites are still ones that have already been included in my early collection, so they are in this pic. like the brown-black one who speaks Japenese, and the grey 2005 one (the larger one in the right) - he's right there on a little table next to my desk.

yay! I'm happy to see a fellow tama lover skitterbug! I have never owned an Angel, though I so wished to!
coming to think of this, I'd love to start up one of my tamas, like, now. I usually had at least one with me still in university (granted, I did get some strange looks, but I didn't care  :P ), but I can't play with them at work, and it has been such a long time since I last had one of mine running. I miss them  :cry:

I definitely think the high price had something to do with my parents' reasoning. But perhaps they also wanted to steer clear of the annoying talking toys in the house. I dunno.

Can you please explain the flat Furby? Is it some sort of alien? LOL

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »
Can you please explain the flat Furby? Is it some sort of alien? LOL
It is a clam and it is called Shelby.  It talks just like the Furbies and can interact with them as well.  I love the little jingly noise Shelby makes lol.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »
I've been collecting the SH Figuarts Sailor Moon figures! There are also a couple of Figmas in the house, but those belong to my partner, so I don't play with them without permission. ;)

But I do like taking photos of my Sailor Senshi! I haven't gotten them down in a while, but here are a few shots from previous muckin' around.

Jupiter and Mercury:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Venus and Mars:

Sailor Moon and the Proplica Moon Stick (base is signed by Mitsuishi Kotono, Sailor Moon's seiyuu <3 ) :

Full Inner Senshi team:

Sailor Saturn by her lonesome:

I have Sailors Uranus and Neptune on pre-order, as well as Tuxedo Mask. I'm debating whether to buy the Cutie Rod or not, because it's AMAZING, but I don't have much display room for a prop that size.

I also have Cardcaptor Sakura's figma, and Vash the Stampede's Revoltech on preorder. Nostalgia just destroys my ability to say no to impulse spending.

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »
Full Inner Senshi team:
[spoiler]
Great collection and pics, Lhianneth! This one is my fave :)

Here are my two newest additions to my small Sailor Moon gang - Birthday Haruka and Christmas Michiru (I wish they weren't so expensive, so I could get more and not just on special occassions) :

FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »
Full Inner Senshi team:
[spoiler]
Great collection and pics, Lhianneth! This one is my fave :)

Here are my two newest additions to my small Sailor Moon gang - Birthday Haruka and Christmas Michiru (I wish they weren't so expensive, so I could get more and not just on special occassions) :

Thanks, Zapper! And those Petite Chara figures are crazily priced in the second hand market. It's insane that they go for so much, when they're just little blind box figures. D:

But I guess people will pay lots to get the ones they want instead of risking it on a "maybe".

Offline SweetScreams

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
kurojaki! I'm in awe about your Moomin collection! I'm a huuge moomin fan and as a child the only thing I wished for every birthday and christmas was that big moomin house...which I never got XD

Also, your Manga collection looks awesome!

Offline kurojaki

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 01:33:14 AM »
Thanks,SweetScreams.  :tackleglomp:

Offline tuneful87

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
I finally got around to snapping photos of all my Japanese vinyl kaiju figures. Here's my first tripus, green version...

Tripus - Green by tuneful87, on Flickr

Offline airiel

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
I finally got around to snapping photos of all my Japanese vinyl kaiju figures. Here's my first tripus, green version...

The paint-job on him (?) is amazing! I don't even know what it is, but I want one just to appreciate the gradients and shading!

Airiel

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »
If I ever dig out and display my Final Fantasy figures, I'll have to share some pics. I have quite a few of them.

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline tuneful87

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »

The paint-job on him (?) is amazing! I don't even know what it is, but I want one just to appreciate the gradients and shading!

It's a Japanese kaiju monster. I have two others, one in reds and one in purples and blacks. I'll post more pics once I upload them :)

Post Merge: December 24, 2014, 09:19:37 AM

If I ever dig out and display my Final Fantasy figures, I'll have to share some pics. I have quite a few of them.

Ooh, I'd be interested in seeing. I have a very large Kimahri(sp) from FFX, I think. Unfortunately his ponytail has fallen off. I need to find a way to stick it back on!

Offline Niksilp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
I was reorganizing things today so I put all my Applejack plush together for a quick photo.

And I finally finished setting things back up on my MLP shelves!