collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: TRU USA: Finds & Sales  (Read 45516 times)

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: TRU USA: Finds & Sales
« Reply #360 on: March 24, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »
Ours just had 30% off based on the signs...I didn't even bother to stop, but if I had know the Marvel girls were that cheap, I would have seen if they had more Black Panther...
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline johnstexas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 24, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »
The store I saw them at 50% off was a store that has been in liquidation since Jan. Most/all fashion dolls except Barbie are 50% off, so for the ones that just started their closing sales yesterday, they probably aren't that cheap yet.

Offline Fairy Tale Man

• Down Undah Diva
  • Ever After High Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 24, 2018, 10:23:08 PM »
The signs outside said 30% off, but the notices on the shelves said 10%.

Offline Belle Epoque

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2018, 11:02:45 PM »
The person who, on Thursday, said there were no liquidation sales is a shameless liar. We went today. Nothing was very well marked down (10% at best) but there were items that hadn't been there previously that I assume was back stock just lurking in the storeroom.

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2018, 08:13:45 AM »
New closing store and it was already 50-60% off?

Yep. I went in on Thursday to see if the sales had started; nothing was on sale yet and they said to go back on Friday. Went after work and almost everything was gone. It seems like stores in different areas are having different kinds of sales?

Offline BusyLizzie

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »
The person who, on Thursday, said there were no liquidation sales is a shameless liar. We went today. Nothing was very well marked down (10% at best) but there were items that hadn't been there previously that I assume was back stock just lurking in the storeroom.

If you read my post, it says that "I heard" they were being postponed. I never said they weren't happening at all. I have a friend that manages a TRU and I was going by what they told me. Plus, it had also been reported on CNN that several vendors were trying to hold up the liquidation process until they could pick up their stock that TRU had failed to pay for.

Please don't call me a "shameless liar". That's uncalled for.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
The liquidation DIDN'T start Thursday per my experience and media reports and reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ToysRus/comments/86bjii/liquidation_is_postponed/

Most likely due to the court not approving the liquidation but I've heard it was due to Charles Lazarus' death on Thursday and Isaac Larian's bid to buy TRU Canada and 200 US stores.

Offline Belle Epoque

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2018, 08:39:04 PM »
Please don't call me a "shameless liar". That's uncalled for.

Easy there. I wasn't talking about you. Upthread I mentioned that I called both stores in the LR/NLR area and both stores said that there was not a Liquidation sale planned for this weekend. Surprise. I showed up at the stores Saturday to find Liquidation signs on both of them.

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2018, 10:46:29 PM »
The liquidation DIDN'T start Thursday per my experience and media reports and reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/ToysRus/comments/86bjii/liquidation_is_postponed/

Most likely due to the court not approving the liquidation but I've heard it was due to Charles Lazarus' death on Thursday and Isaac Larian's bid to buy TRU Canada and 200 US stores.

Oh the millionaire who wanted to fundraise, what was it, like 800$ BILLION dollars to save Toys R Us?

Most of that wouldn't go to the employees, and like private citizens have 800$B between us....

Also I was surprised to see MGM is bigger than Mattel, but the latter is a public company.

Offline Evilunicorn

• Down Undah Diva
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
Well itís good to know that the fan girl dolls have gotten pretty discounted. My TRU has the ďup to 30% offĒ right now and plenty of each doll, so I guess itís just a waiting game at this point. Maybe Iím a pessimist, but I really donít think that the campaign to save TRU will raise as much money as itís aiming for. Hopefully Iím wrong, but it seems like a long shot.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2018, 06:38:20 PM »

Oh the millionaire who wanted to fundraise, what was it, like 800$ BILLION dollars to save Toys R Us?

Most of that wouldn't go to the employees, and like private citizens have 800$B between us....

Also I was surprised to see MGM is bigger than Mattel, but the latter is a public company.

Where are you finding MGAE annual revenue? I can't find anything very concrete, but http://incfact.com/company/mgaentertainment-vannuys-ca/# says "$100 - $500 million" and wants me to pay $45 for a report.

Mattel is listed as annual revenue US$ 5.456 billion (2016) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattel citing "Company Financials Mattel, Inc". Google Finance. Retrieved May 18, 2017.

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #371 on: March 27, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »

Where are you finding MGAE annual revenue? I can't find anything very concrete, but http://incfact.com/company/mgaentertainment-vannuys-ca/# says "$100 - $500 million" and wants me to pay $45 for a report.

Mattel is listed as annual revenue US$ 5.456 billion (2016) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattel citing "Company Financials Mattel, Inc". Google Finance. Retrieved May 18, 2017.

MGAE's wikipedia page say 2$ Billion, but that's from twelve years ago. I was reading (& coincidentally, it seems to have been removed) that MGAE is the largest private toy company, but since the LEGO group soundly beats it, I'm guessing it was just an error.

Offline BusyLizzie

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »
TRU's website is officially closed and they've been sending remaining stock to the stores. I went to my local TRU today (which was picked clean last week) and I was able to get some store exclusives that I'd had my eye on for awhile but haven't been on the shelves since Christmas.

Offline writtenhuman

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
    • That Monster Mash
« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »
Heads up! If you have a Toys R Us gift card or are part of the Rewards R Us program you can get $5 off any $20 purchase at Michaels. (Valid through 5/12 aka this Saturday.) Might be nice for those of you who want some crafting supplies for dollies and to help ease the pain of Toys R Us closing.

Offline BusyLizzie

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2018, 06:17:58 PM »
Word is that the warehouses have officially sent out the last truck loads of merchandise to the stores, so the discounts will start getting bigger once the stock starts dwindling.

Also, they've started restickering previously clearanced out merch with "AUG" labels that make them full price again in the system. They call it "Augmented Stock" so people can't get the liquidation discount on top of clearance prices. For instance, the old Descendants dolls that went clearance last year that I bought for $1.98 are now back up to $17.99...

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #375 on: May 09, 2018, 08:34:49 AM »
^ Well, that doesn't entice me to go out and buy toys. Way to go yet again, Toys R Us!

I did get an exclusive POP for 9$ instead of 11.99$ a few days ago. Not bad.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:42 AM »
^ Well, that doesn't entice me to go out and buy toys. Way to go yet again, Toys R Us!

Seriously.  Gee, remind me again why they went bankrupt. :rolleyes:

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Belle Epoque

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 09, 2018, 10:09:35 PM »
Venture capital and other predatory tactics.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »

I don't think TRU has any control over prices. This is all liquidators now.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2018, 02:56:47 PM »
It's over now. Unlike Wave 1 stores which lasted with MH Minis until at least 80% off (in good numbers at Dallas Galleria), some Frankie Stein Voltageous, few few EAH (not many) and a fair number of Barbie and a lot of BATB, DCSHGs and Elena, it seemed to me, Wave 2 stores were cleared out of most MH (even minis), MH and Barbies earlier. There were also, IMO, less BATB and DCSHGs (and nothing like this for example https://www.amazon.com/Mattel-Wonder-Woman-Battle-Ready-Doll/dp/B01IKOZN40/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1530309037&sr=1-2&keywords=wonder+woman+doll ). Plenty of Elsa though.

There were a good number of Marvel Fan Girl dolls, some I saw at $15 and I got three of the four Fan Girl finds (not Black Widow though),