collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: TRU USA: Finds & Sales  (Read 45326 times)

Offline BusyLizzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
Re: TRU USA: Finds & Sales
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
And this week all EAH dolls and playsets are 50% off, so now the dolls are even cheaper! They're really trying to clear them out before Christmas...it's kinda sad, since TRU was the last store (in my area, at least) that still had EAH on the shelves.

I was able to get a few Archery Ravens for $2.49 each, but everything else was pretty empty. Except for a stack of Crystal Winter, since she STILL hasn't been marked down.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
I thought about getting another Faybelle...eh, mine's fine. Pity they don't have Getting Fairest anymore.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »
TRU is shutting down 180 stores soon, both of the ones in my city included. On the one hand, it makes me sad to see them go, but on the other hand I bet the liquidation sales are gonna be awesome.

Offline BusyLizzie

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2018, 11:38:53 AM »
TRU is shutting down 180 stores soon, both of the ones in my city included. On the one hand, it makes me sad to see them go, but on the other hand I bet the liquidation sales are gonna be awesome.
In my experience, TRU liquidation sales aren't as good as say, Kmart, or some others, because they tend to send their "better' inventory to stores that are staying open and then get the other stores' clearance in return. So sometimes you can find some older stock, but they also tend to not do the deep discounts until the very end when there's little left in the store.

But we'll see! I've got 3 in my area that are closing, so that might make a difference this time around.

Offline splendidlysinister

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
    • Splendidly Sinister
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2018, 03:22:16 PM »
Theyíre closing the TRU thatís 15 minutes away from me, and all others within an hourís drive. Iím really upset about the closure, but Iím hoping for some deals. To be honest, my store doesnít have much to begin with, so but they do have some leftovers that Iíd be interested in.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2018, 10:04:22 PM »
In my experience, TRU liquidation sales aren't as good as say, Kmart, or some others, because they tend to send their "better' inventory to stores that are staying open and then get the other stores' clearance in return. So sometimes you can find some older stock, but they also tend to not do the deep discounts until the very end when there's little left in the store.

But we'll see! I've got 3 in my area that are closing, so that might make a difference this time around.

Generally liquidations aren't great deals because liquidators mark stuff up to full price and then send someone out there with a sign "Up to 30% off entire store" for a few weeks. The 30% off applies to a few items. most are only 10-20% off.

Then they send someone out there with "Up to 50% off entire store" and it is just a few phone cases for 50% off but most items aren't more than 30% off and already largely picked over. Most items had already been, before liquidation, on sale at some point for 20 or 30% off and many were on clearance and sale at some point, so it is hardly the lowest prices ever seen.

By the time it is "Up to 70% off" good luck at finding anything worth it that is name brand and not available for less somewhere else.

That and moving the good stuff to other stores.

Offline beautiful_monster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • I want more life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
You know the little Ever After High dragon babies? There's a purple one, a light blue one, and a magenta one. They have bobble wings.

I got them at TRU yesterday for $1.98 each.  I love dragons, hate "chibi" things but these were so cheap and, I have to admit, cute.

Also picked up a bobblehead quadruped Nevermore (little purple dragon, I think it's Raven's friend) for .98.

Offline BusyLizzie

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2018, 02:51:15 PM »
Talked to some TRU employees today while I was at one of the stores that have already started their liquidation, and they said that it will be announced by the end of this week whether or not the whole chain will be shutting down and filing Chaper 7 bankruptcy. But if they do file Chapter 7 they WILL do liquidation sales at all of their remaining locations, despite what the Forbes article said about them simply shutting the doors and sending merch elsewhere.

Offline biofreak659

• Glue-Seepage Head
  • Lab Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 14, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »
My local closing TRU wasn't having clearance sales last time I checked, but that was around two weeks ago and that was before TRU revealed how bad it really was.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2018, 04:14:08 PM »
Check the prices of liquidation sales; They often aren't that great.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Tadsaur

• Create a Monster
  • I am a Tadasaurus~
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
Just went today and most of the store marked down 40% to 60%, including Monster High.  I think Barbie was only 30% off and Ever After High was nowhere to be seen.

I got a pretty decent haul myself.  I think I may have hit the sweet spot where most things were on sale (not a huge sale, but it's something) and most of the shelves were still decently stocked.  Not sure if it will stay that way long.  The store was waaaaay busier than usual.... so.... I guess you may want to check as soon as possible if you're wanting to get something and aren't waiting for 70% off or something. From what I can tell anyway. 

Its really sad that this was probably my last trip to TRU.  I can't believe we're really losing it... ;_; RIP Toys R us....

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2018, 07:59:34 AM »
The sales officially start today. They're promising "massive" price cuts, so we'll see.

Offline BusyLizzie

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
The sales officially start today. They're promising "massive" price cuts, so we'll see.

I heard that the sales were postponed by the courts, because the vendors haven't agreed to the terms of the liquidation yet. So I guess we'll see. A lot of vendors have already gone to the stores and pulled their merchandise to avoid losing any more money.

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 23, 2018, 05:09:26 PM »
I finally broke down and bought my first (?) G2 today. I was shocked to find Silvi on the shelf today at my local TRU. Dolls and accessories were only 10 percent off, so it wasn't a steal or anything, but I'm glad to have her. Every time I look at her, I'll remember my last TRU purchase.

...guess I'll have to start looking for the few G2s I've been putting off. Thanks for opening the floodgates, Silvi :rolleyes:

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 23, 2018, 06:33:53 PM »
TRU was almost completely wiped clean by the time I got there. Everything was 50-60% off. Amazing deals for the people who managed to get there in the morning.  :drop:

Offline Belle Epoque

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 23, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
I called both the TRUs that are an hour's drive away from me, and they said neither store is doing clearance or liquidation. So if the damn thing has been harvested by locusts when we go out this weekend, I'mma be super mad.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
TRU was almost completely wiped clean by the time I got there. Everything was 50-60% off. Amazing deals for the people who managed to get there in the morning.  :drop:

New closing store and it was already 50-60% off? I've only been to 3 stores in the past month. One was a wave 1 closing store that had been in liquidation since Jan and it was still only 30% off on most Barbie and 50% off most other fashion dolls but relatively speaking, not a lot of MH left. I don't know how long it had been 50% either but I figured not long.

Most LEGOs hadn't been marked down at all when we went on Mar 11 and later were only marked down 15% and mostly cleared out. Video game consoles only 10%. A lot of stuff at 40% by then but that's about 6 weeks into liquidation.

The other two we went to, one was next to a BRU that was closing (I had gotten mixed up and thought the TRU was closing and it was a co-branded store), no deals at TRU before the announcement all stores would close and several times to my closest store, one on 3/22 when liquidation was scheduled but delayed by the court, so no liquidation deals there either, but from what I've read on reddit, most stores were 10-20% off and LEGOs and video games were either excluded or less discount (I think nothing off on LEGO and 5% on video game consoles).

Offline Evilunicorn

• Down Undah Diva
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
The closest TRU store is 40min away so I donít really want to make the drive to find the sales arenít what I want. I just want the Marvel Fangirl dolls on somewhat of a discount (I love them but $50 is just a bit too much for what they are). Anyone know if these dolls are on a better discount than the buy one get one 40%?

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 24, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
We went today for the last time, came back with a few Funko, and also a few of the Marvel dolls.  My sister found five Fan Girl Finds of Iron Man's doll, grabbed two and left the other three on the front of the shelves, and Black Widow.  I regret not grabbing a second Black Widow.  The shelf had them at $30, but they rang up $25 each.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:23:50 PM by Konzern »
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 24, 2018, 02:27:35 PM »
The closest TRU store is 40min away so I donít really want to make the drive to find the sales arenít what I want. I just want the Marvel Fangirl dolls on somewhat of a discount (I love them but $50 is just a bit too much for what they are). Anyone know if these dolls are on a better discount than the buy one get one 40%?

Wish I'd seen you're post a couple of days ago. They are 24.99 at one store I was at (for 49.99 dolls. 39.99 for 79.99 doll) at one store we were at and not even selling.

Post Merge: March 24, 2018, 02:29:17 PM

We went today for the last time, came back with a few Funko, and also a few of the Marvel dolls.  My sister found five Fan Girl Finds of Iron Man's doll, grabbed two and left the other three on the front of the shelves, and Black Widow.  I regret not grabbing a second Black Widow.  The shelf had them at $30, but they rang up $25 each.

I wouldn't be surprised if they show up at Tuesday Morning in a few months.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:29:17 PM by johnstexas »