collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

* Calendar

February 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

Author Topic: TRU USA: Finds & Sales  (Read 38096 times)

Offline BusyLizzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: TRU USA: Finds & Sales
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
And this week all EAH dolls and playsets are 50% off, so now the dolls are even cheaper! They're really trying to clear them out before Christmas...it's kinda sad, since TRU was the last store (in my area, at least) that still had EAH on the shelves.

I was able to get a few Archery Ravens for $2.49 each, but everything else was pretty empty. Except for a stack of Crystal Winter, since she STILL hasn't been marked down.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
I thought about getting another Faybelle...eh, mine's fine. Pity they don't have Getting Fairest anymore.

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • How gore-geous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2018, 07:49:36 AM »
TRU is shutting down 180 stores soon, both of the ones in my city included. On the one hand, it makes me sad to see them go, but on the other hand I bet the liquidation sales are gonna be awesome.

Offline BusyLizzie

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2018, 11:38:53 AM »
TRU is shutting down 180 stores soon, both of the ones in my city included. On the one hand, it makes me sad to see them go, but on the other hand I bet the liquidation sales are gonna be awesome.
In my experience, TRU liquidation sales aren't as good as say, Kmart, or some others, because they tend to send their "better' inventory to stores that are staying open and then get the other stores' clearance in return. So sometimes you can find some older stock, but they also tend to not do the deep discounts until the very end when there's little left in the store.

But we'll see! I've got 3 in my area that are closing, so that might make a difference this time around.

Offline splendidlysinister

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
    • Splendidly Sinister
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2018, 03:22:16 PM »
Theyíre closing the TRU thatís 15 minutes away from me, and all others within an hourís drive. Iím really upset about the closure, but Iím hoping for some deals. To be honest, my store doesnít have much to begin with, so but they do have some leftovers that Iíd be interested in.

Offline johnstexas

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2018, 10:04:22 PM »
In my experience, TRU liquidation sales aren't as good as say, Kmart, or some others, because they tend to send their "better' inventory to stores that are staying open and then get the other stores' clearance in return. So sometimes you can find some older stock, but they also tend to not do the deep discounts until the very end when there's little left in the store.

But we'll see! I've got 3 in my area that are closing, so that might make a difference this time around.

Generally liquidations aren't great deals because liquidators mark stuff up to full price and then send someone out there with a sign "Up to 30% off entire store" for a few weeks. The 30% off applies to a few items. most are only 10-20% off.

Then they send someone out there with "Up to 50% off entire store" and it is just a few phone cases for 50% off but most items aren't more than 30% off and already largely picked over. Most items had already been, before liquidation, on sale at some point for 20 or 30% off and many were on clearance and sale at some point, so it is hardly the lowest prices ever seen.

By the time it is "Up to 70% off" good luck at finding anything worth it that is name brand and not available for less somewhere else.

That and moving the good stuff to other stores.

Offline beautiful_monster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • I want more life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
You know the little Ever After High dragon babies? There's a purple one, a light blue one, and a magenta one. They have bobble wings.

I got them at TRU yesterday for $1.98 each.  I love dragons, hate "chibi" things but these were so cheap and, I have to admit, cute.

Also picked up a bobblehead quadruped Nevermore (little purple dragon, I think it's Raven's friend) for .98.