collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Robin Williams :(  (Read 2998 times)

Offline kaskurgi

• Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • ...Stuffs & Thingies Sims Blog
Robin Williams :(
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:00:46 PM »
You will be missed but never forgotten. A big part of my childhood and teen years were filled with laughter. There was not a movie or show that he played in that I did not enjoy. I loved his brash take on comedy too as I got older. My mom is really upset by his passing since she literally grew up watching him from start to finish. Big hugs to all of those that are also taking his passing hard. We may not have personally known him but he brought a lot of joy and laughter to many of his fans.

Need List | Sales List

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Robin Williams :(
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »
I saw this announced on the arena and was in utter shock.  I had no idea he was battling depression and for someone to seem so happy on the outside and be depressed on the inside.  It's sad.

Offline OMGitsaLisa

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »
I feel less bad that he's gone and more sad that he had to suffer for as long as he did. Depression is just...ugh. Poor guy. :(

Offline Among_the_Stars

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Spooktacular
  • Non coelo tantum, sed et mari suae stellae sunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
CNN is showing scenes from "Hook" and I got a lump in my throat. I can't believe it. He was such a huge part of my childhood.

Offline Diamond

• Wine cellar goddess
  • Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:17:50 PM »
I saw this announced on the arena and was in utter shock.  I had no idea he was battling depression and for someone to seem so happy on the outside and be depressed on the inside.  It's sad.
Sadly that is not an uncommon thing for those so creative.  It is sad though, but I keep thinking about all the great things he did and how he touched so many lives. 

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
I remember hearing not long ago that he was entering (or maybe exiting) rehab? Depression is just terrible. I hope he is finally at peace, though.

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »
Yea I just heard via Facebook. :( I'm at a loss. He was just a huge part of my childhood too...

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
He's been suffering from alcoholism for years. I'm always surprised when people act shocked when a depressed individual takes the last step. I feel sad for his family, especially his wife. I don't like how his fans are already making his death all about themselves. Most of them didn't even know he was unwell but boohoo now there's not going to be a Mrs. Doubtfire 2. Well, sorry to those people, but suicide is tragic enough, nobody cares about Mrs. Doubtfire 2! Ugh.

I didn't think he was "happy on the outside". He's been looking tired and sad for years. Many funnypeople never get the help they need because they are always seen as clowns. I hope his passing will make people more aware of depression and how it's a real illnes that can get everyone, even the ones we perceive to be happy.
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
He was bipolar and had been very vocal about it for a long time....

so sad.  :(

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline kaskurgi

• Monster High Arena
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
Not everyone gets to see how depressed someone is because they can hide it and fans weren't around him like his family was. Which means the family more then likely didn't see it coming. Some depressed individuals will hide their problems extremely well thinking that they don't want others to bare the burden. There are a lot of people that are suffering from depression and inner demons and sometimes it just gets to be too much on that person unfortunately. I will always remember him for what he has accomplished. It is sad that we won't get to experience anymore of him in the entertainment industry but we have a LOT to remember him from and enjoy.

Need List | Sales List

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:06 PM »
Not everyone gets to see how depressed someone is because they can hide it

He's been saying for years that he's got bipolar disorder and it was no secret he was an alcoholic. I really don't like talk about depressed people "hiding" something. I don't want to get too personal but I sure as hell know how it feels like.

This is just directed at fans of his who make a big show about themselves now. It was similar when Michael Jackson died. Suddenly people called me and where like "I don't want to live anymore! I want more MJ music!" - these people don't know how it feels and they just want more content from the artist. I get that people cry and that's understandable when someone so suddenly passes who brought joy to you for years, but the kind of fans who are now talking about how they're so crushed because there won't be new RW movies - screw them.

Offline Mama Teegz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
This is just directed at fans of his who make a big show about themselves now. It was similar when Michael Jackson died. Suddenly people called me and where like "I don't want to live anymore! I want more MJ music!" - these people don't know how it feels and they just want more content from the artist. I get that people cry and that's understandable when someone so suddenly passes who brought joy to you for years, but the kind of fans who are now talking about how they're so crushed because there won't be new RW movies - screw them.

It must be horrible for his wife and family to hear people making it all about themselves and going on about how it's not fair that there will be no new RW films/tv shows!

My husband messaged me with the news this morning and even though he'd (Williams that is) been vocal about the personal demons he battled it was still pretty shocking! Suicide (if that's what it does turn out to have been) is pretty horrific for those it personally affects, but hopefully his family can at least find comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering.

I'll have to dig out some of his more child friendly films for my kids to watch. Then tonight my husband and I plan to watch some of RW's filthiest standup performances to appreciate when he was at his comedic best!

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »

It must be horrible for his wife and family to hear people making it all about themselves and going on about how it's not fair that there will be no new RW films/tv shows!

Even worse, the paps are already after them even though they asked to be left alone:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuzC1SGIQAEkyti.jpg:large

Even in their grief they get spied on. I hate humans so much.

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 07:25:39 PM »
From my friend's tumblr:

Do not let Robin Williams die in vain, use his death as a lesson and a reminder than anybody can suffer from depression no matter their outward behavior or reputation.

As for me, I woke up this morning to a text from my boyfriend saying he was feeling glum. When I asked why (since I get pretty worried about him since he is bipolar himself), he told me that Robin Williams was dead. I said "WHAT" and checked it out for myself.

What a way to start the morning ;-;. I mourn for his family, especially his wife and kids.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:28:02 PM by Cleoglyphics »
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline kaskurgi

• Monster High Arena
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »
This just reminds me of Chris Farley all over again. :/ If anyone here is suffering from depression please talk to someone. Don't let it eat away at you and get to that point ever because it doesn't just effect you in the broad scheme of things it effects everyone around you when you go to what you think is the final step to peace. When in reality it's not for those around you. My two cents.

Need List | Sales List

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 10:34:45 PM »
This is really sad news. :(

Offline Cleoglyphics

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:06:13 PM »

This one hits way to close to home.

And reminds me of a similar message that another one of my all time favourite reviewers - Justin "JewWario" Carmichael - said before he took his life earlier this year. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:08:41 PM by Cleoglyphics »
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 11:53:19 PM »
I saw the news this evening when I logged onto Facebook.  So sad.
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline Howls-wth-Wolves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Freaky Fabulous
  • Go ghouls!! Hockey ghoul in the house
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 01:17:40 AM »
My BFF texted me yesterday afternoon with the news (was napping to get away from the heat). He was one of my favorite actors and I've been seriously tore up about the news. Especially because of what his family must be going through. When the local news read the statement from his wife, yeah that's when I lost it.

Apparently he had been in and out of rehab plus was an alcoholic. Addiction can take it's tole on someone. Often the can hide it well or down play the long term affects. I say that because I'm three years sober from drinking plus sleeping pills. And it affects everyone in the family not just the person struggling with it.

He will be missed. And the paparazzi looking for information. Man I would make the worst famous person. If that was my loved one they where trying to dig for info for. I'd seriously nut up on someone's stupid backside. Respect people,respect.

Offline BlueChaos

• Crazy Werecat Lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Sister Pack
  • Wait...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 05:49:42 AM »
I'm heartbroken over this. I feel like I lost a member of my family, as I grew up watching Robin on Mork and Mindy and his movies.