collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

May 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: AUSTRALIA: Australian Monster Sightings  (Read 57361 times)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Monster Sightings
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2015, 09:14:59 PM »
That's all super encouraging. Any chance you got snaps/prices for them? I'd planned on looking for GnB and Haunted dolls while in the US, but if the prices aren't too bad back home, I may just wait.

No photographs, sorry - but I believe the prices were all the same as the other slim box/big box dolls. I remember Getting Ghostly/Field Trip/Geek Shriek being $22. I assume that Exchange and GnB would be the same price point as other deluxe dolls, around $30. I'll be able to check again and confirm later this week. :)
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
That's all super encouraging. Any chance you got snaps/prices for them? I'd planned on looking for GnB and Haunted dolls while in the US, but if the prices aren't too bad back home, I may just wait.

No photographs, sorry - but I believe the prices were all the same as the other slim box/big box dolls. I remember Getting Ghostly/Field Trip/Geek Shriek being $22. I assume that Exchange and GnB would be the same price point as other deluxe dolls, around $30. I'll be able to check again and confirm later this week. :)

Given the present exchange rate, that's not bad at all then!

Offline Mama Teegz

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2015, 04:10:44 PM »
Argh! GnB! Now I need to go to our local Target and see if they've arrived yet! :search:

I've yet to see Scaritage in the wild and I suspect it's going to be one of those ones that just kind of creeps in at obscure shops and doesn't really get "released". I've got Oppie (bought of ebay, though it was meant to be the killer style Kohls exclusive one :blink: ), but I desperately want Skelita!

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2015, 09:48:04 PM »
I have In hand atm Kitty Cheshire! So happy!
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline prancingstag

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2015, 10:05:39 PM »
Here's a big old fashioned roundup of new dolls ;)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Gloom and Bloom (Catrine, Venus, Jane) - $33 at Target, $29 at Kmart.

[/spoiler]

Haunted Getting Ghostly (Draculaura, Clawdeen, Twyla, Spectra) - $25 at Target.

[/spoiler]

Freaky Field Trip - $23 at Target, $19 at Kmart. Target had them on sale for $18 though, there were like five Clawdeens left on shelf and not a single Gigi or Toralei. Gigi seems to be very popular, I always find Clawdeens and Toraleis but only one or none of Gigi.

Geek Shriek - $23 at Target, $19 at Kmart. Howleen seems to be a popular little ghoul, I've only seen her a few times.

Original Ghouls Collection! Saw them for the first time today, $24 at Kmart. There were two Frankies and one Draculaura on shelf. Although they might not be there anymore because there were two little girls of about 5 and 7 begging their mum to buy them the dolls (Laura for the younger, Frankie for the older). "I don't have this one!" :bateyes:

Combined photograph with Vinyl figures (Frankie, Cleo, Ghoulia, Lagoona) - saw them at Target but neglected to note down the price, $18 at Kmart.

Inner Monster Feisty/Shy/Sweet dolls - $40 at Target/Big W/Myer, on clearance at Kmart for $24! Didn't these just come out? No idea why they're on clearance already.

Inner Monster Deluxe pack (Happy-Sad-Excited) - $70 at Myer, $64 at Big W.

[/spoiler]

Forgot a picture for this one, but I wandered through a Target Outlet (the whole store is like one big chuckout rack for all the stock that won't move) and saw a stack of like a dozen Frankie Threaderella dolls on clearance for $24. It turned my head because they're so old. I have no interest, but anyone else fancy a pickup?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:25:38 AM by prancingstag »
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2015, 07:11:53 PM »
Here's a big old fashioned roundup of new dolls ;)

Gloom and Bloom (Catrine, Venus, Jane) - $33 at Target, $29 at Kmart.

[/spoiler]

Haunted Getting Ghostly (Draculaura, Clawdeen, Twyla, Spectra) - $25 at Target.

[/spoiler]

Freaky Field Trip - $23 at Target, $19 at Kmart. Target had them on sale for $18 though, there were like five Clawdeens left on shelf and not a single Gigi or Toralei. Gigi seems to be very popular, I always find Clawdeens and Toraleis but only one or none of Gigi.

Geek Shriek - $23 at Target, $19 at Kmart. Howleen seems to be a popular little ghoul, I've only seen her a few times.

Original Ghouls Collection! Saw them for the first time today, $24 at Kmart. There were two Frankies and one Draculaura on shelf. Although they might not be there anymore because there were two little girls of about 5 and 7 begging their mum to buy them the dolls (Laura for the younger, Frankie for the older). "I don't have this one!" :bateyes:

Combined photograph with Vinyl figures (Frankie, Cleo, Ghoulia, Lagoona) - saw them at Target but neglected to note down the price, $18 at Kmart.

Inner Monster Feisty/Shy/Sweet dolls - $40 at Target/Big W/Myer, on clearance at Kmart for $24! Didn't these just come out? No idea why they're on clearance already.

Inner Monster Deluxe pack (Happy-Sad-Excited) - $70 at Myer, $64 at Big W.

[/spoiler]

Forgot a picture for this one, but I wandered through a Target Outlet (the whole store is like one big chuckout rack for all the stock that won't move) and saw a stack of like a dozen Frankie Threaderella dolls on clearance for $24. It turned my head because they're so old. I have no interest, but anyone else fancy a pickup?

No Threaderella for me, but any chance there was a Little Dead Ridinghood anywhere in the pile? If you're not going back any time soon, I understand. I just don't want to end up having to pay $40+ for her from Amazon if I can avoid it.

Offline prancingstag

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2015, 07:24:26 PM »

No Threaderella for me, but any chance there was a Little Dead Ridinghood anywhere in the pile? If you're not going back any time soon, I understand. I just don't want to end up having to pay $40+ for her from Amazon if I can avoid it.

No, just Threaderella. She was the only MH doll in the whole store, that's why it stuck out as odd.
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2015, 07:25:55 PM »

No, just Threaderella. She was the only MH doll in the whole store, that's why it stuck out as odd.

Wow. That is really bizarre.

Offline Cleoglyphics

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2015, 03:05:20 AM »
Speaking of Bizarreness, I went to my local Target and found that they were stocked to the brim with Kitty Cheshire and Cedar Wood, but none of the new Royal characters {Duchess, Dexter and Lizzie especially were no shows  :(}. Of course, still no sign of either two pack.

I also, by chance, found FF Scarah in Target. The only time I've seen her in the wild and I snatched her up immediately, since she was really the only character outside of the new dolls that I wanted from that line. Haven't seen any Monster Exchange girls though which is odd. I'm DYING for Lorna and Marisol {My Target is usually the first to get the new lines}. Wish I had an easy access TRU or Kmart nearby to scour there...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:08:15 AM by Cleoglyphics »

Offline Mama Teegz

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2015, 02:34:13 AM »
I just found the deluxe Haunted range at my local Kmart! :woot: They only had Kyomi, Vandala and River though, so I'm not sure if Porter had already sold or wasn't included in the box selection. They had 2 of each ghoul... so I grabbed myself a Vandala and River! :love:

Offline prancingstag

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2015, 02:37:32 PM »
Cleoglyphics, I found two each of Kitty and Cedar at my local Target, and one each of them at my local Kmart, with no other EAH in sight. :blink: That is odd... I wonder why the Rebels are shipping and not Royals? My local Big W also just put out a load of the first two waves of Sigs and wave 1 Legacy Day. I wonder if we'll ever see Getting Fairest or Hat-Tastic? Probably not at this rate. Seeing as Kitty and Cedar are in the new box style, I bet Dex and Lizzie are in the factory getting all their details stripped off, and then they'll be released in new boxes with Duchess.

In MH news, the Original Ghouls collection and the Vinyl figures have continued to show up at my local Kmart. I've seen all six Vinyls now, and the four OGs (Draculaura, Clawdeen, Frankie and Cleo). Cleo is flying off the shelves, I've only seen her once. Frankie always seems to have the most stock.

My local Target also has some sales going on right now. 20% off the whole MH line! The FF Hybrids Avea/Sirena/Bonita had their own individual sale price ticket of $35, everything else just showed up cheaper when scanned at a price check machine. I've noticed that out of the Coffin Bean dolls, Robecca seems pretty hard to find, and the Getting Ghostly dolls always seem to be missing Twyla.
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »
Getting Ghostly Rochelle was spotted in a Kmart in VIC for $39. I'm going to be heading to my local one in a few days to see if I can spot any.

Offline prancingstag

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »
Haunted Student Spirits have finally hit a Kmart near me. I saw Rochelle, River, Vandala and Kiyomi! They're all so gorgeous, I was in blue-purple-pink heaven. I did notice that Rochelle was branded as a Student Spirits doll like the other three, and there were roughly the same amount of each character - 4 Rivers and 5 each of the others on shelf... Does that mean we're being shipped Rochelle instead of Porter? :rant: Bad Mattel, bad! Gimme those boy dolls!

Same Kmart also had EAH new box style Apple, Briar, Maddie and Raven. Still at the $35 mark, too.
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2015, 03:00:27 AM »
I just bought myself a Rochelle. No sign of Porter at my store either, though they had Draculaura, Clawdeen, and Spectra. No Twyla, though.

Also had GnB Venus, but no one else, and lots (I mean a whole shelf stacked full) of Geek Shriek.

Offline Martini

• First Wave Dead Tired
  • I can dig it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2015, 07:41:11 AM »
I did the thing! Check it out!

I bumped a couple of the US 2014 releases into our 2015 list, because we got them a little later here and they seemed relevant.

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »
River, Vandala, Kiyomi, and Porter finally made it to WA.
Found them in Kmart at Mirrabooka Square.
No Rochelle though. Guess she sold out before I got there.
Dead things, Mikey! Dead things!!!

Offline Cleoglyphics

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2015, 03:55:04 AM »
Haunted Student Spirits have been found in Chatswood Kmart as well. No Porter though.

Have they been spotted OUTSIDE Kmart though? Since I lack a Kmart in my immediate area...

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2015, 04:17:12 AM »

Haunted Student Spirits have been found in Chatswood Kmart as well. No Porter though.

Have they been spotted OUTSIDE Kmart though? Since I lack a Kmart in my immediate area...

I've only seen the slim boxed getting ghostly line in other stores, not the student spirits.
The new characters were only at Kmart, and only ONE Kmart so far.
I'm still looking for Rochelle, so if I see them at any other stores I'll let you know.

Dead things, Mikey! Dead things!!!

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2015, 04:28:59 AM »
Saw Rochelle at TRU and Kmart in Miranda and South Gate/Sylvania, NSW last  week. No one else from the line though.

Edit: By which I mean the Haunted Students. Plenty of Getting Ghostly at Kmart.   

Offline Lhianneth

• View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »
Apparently, TRU has a sale on right now. Haunted Students for $30 (down from $45), including Rochelle. I'll be checking tomorrow to confirm that they're actually on sale in person, and not just a web deal, since I need to get a rewards card anyway.