collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: CANADA: Canadian Sightings Thread!!  (Read 126716 times)

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
Re: CANADA: Canadian Sightings Thread!!
« Reply #820 on: July 02, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »
I saw the whole Epic Winter line except the castle in TRU around Montreal and I just bough the SHH dolls. Batgirl and Harley are so amazing!

Too many falw on the Epic Winter dolls to get them yet.

Congrats on getting them! :D I'm going looking for Batgirl today, we'll see if Harley tempts me too lol

Offline Jabroniville

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 03, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »
Finally saw some Epic Winter stuff at a local TRU... however, only a handful was available, as it looks like someone scooped up the single dolls pretty quickly. I saw two Ashlynns, one Apple, the Pixies, and of COURSE the two-pack is still pretty full.

I'm liking the "Expressive Faces" aspect of the new dolls, though Ashlynn's still doesn't look anything like her animated version. And Daring have hair that's impossible to mess up is perfect :).

Offline lalalaberries

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #822 on: July 08, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
My local TRU had all the Epic Winter dolls. Apples new face is adorable!
Follow me on
Tumblr: partsungoddess.tumblr.com
Instagram: @dollicity
DeviantArt: MonsterGuy13
Flickr: Lalalaberries

Offline skirracorvus

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 11, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »
Has anyone seen the MH Minis blind bags here yet? Specifically the ones in the pink locker :O I need them in my life!

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 13, 2016, 08:10:42 AM »
Has anyone seen the MH Minis blind bags here yet? Specifically the ones in the pink locker :O I need them in my life!

Nope :/ I've been waiting on news for those,  too

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: July 23, 2016, 04:48:39 AM »
FINALLY saw the whole Epic Winter line- it appears to be selling really well around here (though I don't think any large shipments have come in). Apple & Crystal look good, though Crystal looks different from her box-art- she's a different COLOR, even! She's like grey with pink hair, but the box art shows a pink character.

Also, the Royal Apple doll has FINALLY, after more than a year or warming shelves, gone on sale! About ten bucks off, which is pretty good. They must be sick of this one sitting there with 8 dolls on the shelf, and who knows how many on the shelves above. I wonder if she'll sell now.

Offline lalalaberries

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #826 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:06 PM »
TRU had single release Moanica ($19.99) the Mad Science Lab Playset with Frankie ($39.99) and the EAH Birthday Bash dolls (I forgot to check the price)
Follow me on

Offline Zombelina

• Pastel Gothgoyle Princess
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #827 on: August 03, 2016, 12:35:37 AM »
TRU had single release Moanica ($19.99) the Mad Science Lab Playset with Frankie ($39.99) and the EAH Birthday Bash dolls (I forgot to check the price)

Oooh exciting! Thanks for sharing--I'm so glad we're getting single-release Moanica!  :woot:

Offline Catlein

• Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 03, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »
Omg, birthday bash??? Woo!!!

Budgets or the birthday exclusives?

Offline lalalaberries

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #829 on: August 05, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Omg, birthday bash??? Woo!!!

Budgets or the birthday exclusives?

Budgets!
Follow me on

Offline lalalaberries

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #830 on: August 07, 2016, 12:40:32 PM »
Walmart in Okotoks has the movie and roller skating accessory packs for $3 a piece, as well as the Ghouls Getaway dolls in the new rebooted packaging
Follow me on

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 07, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »
I saw in the FB group that Canadians were finding the shriek wrecked slim box as well as the wave 2 dance dolls with deuce Moanica and Abbey

I went hunting to find them and new ponies and found

Single Moanica 19.99 (TRU)
Birthday Ball 19.99 (TRU)
Fashions 5.00 (Walmart)
Accessory packs 5.00 (Walmart)
Deluxe Shreik Wrecked 20.00 (Walmart)
Looking for SDCC Frankie!!!

Offline skirracorvus

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 11, 2016, 02:09:24 PM »
Yes, TRU is starting to get some of the new stuff! I've seen Shriek Wrecked "Shriek Mates" there for $19.99 - they have Clawdeen, Catrine & Gil. The (deluxe?) Photobooth Frankie and Draculaura for $24.99, and they weirdly had all of the new single dolls like Ari, Frankie, Lala way up high and not on display, also $19.99.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 02:24:09 PM by skirracorvus »

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 16, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »
Yeah, I've seen almost all of the new stuff now, too. Epic Winter seems to be in VERY short supply, oddly enough. TRU stores typically only have one or two boxes on the shelves. Superstore oddly seems to have MUCH more selection available.

The new Monster High lines are here, too. The new movie's stuff looks... enh. Not that great. Just a little too big-eyed & big-lipped for me- they kind of Barbified them a little too much (and oddly, they don't resemble the new movie's characters that much- the old dolls looked JUST LIKE their movie versions). The Shriek Wrecked line looks OK, though I'm wondering why Davey Jones has a daughter MADE OF GOLD. I guess it was the last skin color left for the line.

I saw Moanica as well. She looks kind of... generic. Like a "Build-A-Monster" character's baseline form. The grey skin and lighter hair color kind of merge together, making her a bit plain.

It's been very little stuff for the past couple of months, so it's neat to FINALLY see shelves full of new stuff, but it's weird... it just doesn't seem as inventive right now. I'll re-check next week to see if there's anything cool I missed, or to check out the "little things" in the new designs.

Offline skirracorvus

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 23, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »
The minis have landed! Repeat: the minis have landed!

However, they are the bagged ones and aren't in their cute coffin lockers so I haven't bought any yet :( They are in Walmart for $5!

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 24, 2016, 06:27:59 AM »
Anyone see the special release Raven the one that is the scaled down SDCC version. I really want one to debox and keep hoping to at least hear someone in Canada has found her .

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 29, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »
Heh, I usually never go to the Toys R Us in the far North part of my hometown, since it's super-far and there's nothing else of note up there, but looking back on this thread, I've mentioned that it's the most well-stocked TRU I've ever seen, and I actually hadn't been there since JANUARY!

It's got the same stuff every other store has... but again, in HUGE amounts. I don't know if it's because this store is so far away from other stuff that it doesn't get visited that often, or they just get the best stock, but it had almost the entirety of the Epic Winter line, and all of the new Monster High stuff. And by far the most Through the Woods and other "older" lines as well. Still a bunch of un-bought Haunted Clawdeens, too.

And again, it's astonishing just how much material they have in their backstock- the shelves are easily twenty-five feet high, stacked to the brim with extra MH/EAH merchandise- even their Clearance stuff, reduced to only a few dolls down on the shelves, is piled high up there. There's so much that they'd NEVER be able to sell it all, even dropping the price and just GIVING it away! This store is so weird for that.

There was a ton of GSR, Dragon Games and all of the multi-doll packs for everything. And several "Character + Set" sets. At least some of those are hard to find elsewhere.

The only thing is seems to be lacking is Sig stuff- I saw a few rarities (lots of Gingers, actually- the darker-skinned dolls don't seem to sell all that well here), but the only stuff out was Ginger, Darling, Farrah, Duchess, one Dexter, one Rosabella and a single Briar in the new packaging. Most stores have quite a bit more of the Sigs.

The Walmart up North, a shoddily-stocked one whose toy section is an unbelievable mess (the store seems to be perfectly-located in its community to be busy, but they probably don't pay enough to have anyone want to work there), had some of the new MH Movie stuff, which shocked me... especially since they only have one or two of many other things. There were only two Ever After High dolls around, too- not two TYPES of dolls, just two dolls PERIOD- a Cooking Class Cedar, and a Dexter. This place has incredibly cheap pricing, though- I can tell that Walmart likes to undercut every TRU store, as stuff is often at least five bucks cheaper (Dex was only fifteen bucks).

Offline Zombelina

• Pastel Gothgoyle Princess
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #837 on: August 29, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
Found Whisp today at TRU! Was super surprised and pleased. Alas, she is $39.99. I got her anyway--out of eight on the shelf, seven of them had immediately obvious and tragic eye wonk, so be aware of having to hunt for a good one :blink:

Also found minis at Walmart (bags as well, no coffins), and series 3 of the MegaBloks single figures. And wave 2 of Dance the Fright Away, Moanica/Abbey/Deuce, for just $15 which seems really good.

Offline furyXIV

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • in parentheses, let me stress the fact clearly
    • View Profile
    • Drawings, Plush, and Dolls
« Reply #838 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:18 PM »
Saw the Moanica & Draculaura two pack and the single release Moanica at the same TrU so i thought that was kind of weird; there was also most of the lines from the reboot. They also had that EAH super budget 4-pack.
I dream of a day where I have shelves

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 31, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
Found Whisp today at TRU! Was super surprised and pleased. Alas, she is $39.99. I got her anyway--out of eight on the shelf, seven of them had immediately obvious and tragic eye wonk, so be aware of having to hunt for a good one :blink:

Also found minis at Walmart (bags as well, no coffins), and series 3 of the MegaBloks single figures. And wave 2 of Dance the Fright Away, Moanica/Abbey/Deuce, for just $15 which seems really good.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Whisp. It's a very nice-looking character. Though I'm not sure how those Fashion Packs sell... the few we have up here are MAJOR Shelfwarmers, but then they're the more-monstrous looking female characters like Iris & Wydowna, which probably explains it. Whisp, an ordinary looking character with purple skin, will probably do much better.

I think I noticed Eye Wonk on the one I looked at, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal