collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: CANADA: Canadian Sightings Thread!!  (Read 102187 times)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: CANADA: Canadian Sightings Thread!!
« Reply #860 on: March 06, 2017, 05:10:52 AM »
If you can still find them listed online go to your local TRU and ask for them to order them for you via a gift card. My local store will do it and it won't cost you for shipping.
I will have to try this thanks for the information

Offline lucifercrossing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • lucifercrossing tumblr
« Reply #861 on: April 28, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »
welcome to monster high monster dance party abbey is on sale at walmart for $10. not sure if this goes for all stores or not, but it's listed on the website as of today!

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/monster-high-welcome-to-monster-high-monster-dance-party-abbey-bominable-doll/6000196039428

photobooth draculaura & frankie dolls at canadian tire for $12.43

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/monster-high-photo-booth-draculaura-doll-0500086p.html#srp
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:14:51 AM by lucifercrossing »

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 10, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »
Unfortunately I've little to share- trips to the local stores are just depressing for an MH/EAH fan now :). Last time I went to the Toys R Us, their EAH section was basically obliterated by clearance sales, as they get through the last of the line. A section that was usually clogged with dolls now has only the shelfwarmers left, plus a few of the pricier ones. This is the first time I've seen them out of Heart Struck Cupid (poor girl got a GREAT doll, but the astronomical price kept parents away), and now the Deluxe Apple is close to sold out. Deluxe Raven is gone, and the only non-clearance item is the 28" Maddie Hatter doll.

Not much on the MH front, either- I didn't realize they were downgrading so much, but they literally appear to ONLY be releasing movie-related stuff from now on- Electrified stuff is out, but that's all as far as new things go.

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 02, 2017, 05:37:41 PM »
Found Party Ghouls (FINALLY) at Wal-Mart the other day! Hopefully the S2 minis aren't far off

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 14, 2017, 04:27:57 AM »
Went to the west TRU today, and found the same old story- dwindling EAH merchandise from the last few lines- the Cooking Class dolls, Deluxe Raven (who was one of the last ones to be discounted), Deluxe Apple (just a few left) and some Sig Cedars. Then there's the EAH Castle (boy did THAT ever pick a bad time to come out) and the huge Maddie doll.

MH's Electrified stuff seems to be doing okay-ish, while they're discounting some of the other ones heavily. The last generation of new girls (Isi, etc.) is nowhere to be found anywhere, and now even Sig Gooliope is on heavy discount ($18)- near Superstore prices! The nearby Superstore only has a handful of ballet-centric Cheapie Dolls for EAH, plus a couple MH things.

Watching both lines kind of die out like this is rather sad, but I was kind of getting out of the "fad" of the hobby anyways.

I noticed the Powerpuff Girls toys ALL on Clearance- did they cancel that show or something?

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 15, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »
Any s2 mh mini spotted?
^.^ :drac: :hearts: :rainbow:

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 22, 2017, 12:39:01 AM »
Wowwwwwwwwwwww, been some disappointing "sightings" days.

I went to my home town of Red Deer and found basically nothing in ANY store- MH was reduced to very little in the Toys R Us, and no EAH was left at all. One store (Peavey Mart, an odd little chain that focuses more on farmers) that had a whole shelf full of the ORIGINAL Apple, Briar, etc., was now empty of EAH.

Edmonton stores are basically entirely cleared out, except for the odd thing. One store has NOTHING for EAH but "Evil" Ravens, reduced to $17, and the Bunny/Alistaire 2-set (also reduced). No new MH stuff since Treesa came out.

The Walmart close to West Edmonton Mall has NOTHING MH or EAH related whatsoever. That entire section has been redone, and is now Lego on one half, and Barbie/Disney on the other.

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 06, 2017, 01:12:10 AM »
Curiously, the Edmonton Superstores now consist ENTIRELY of the el-cheapo ballerina/tea party dolls, plus the Birthday Ball dolls, of all things. I had no idea those were going to be in stores for so long!

What's odd is that Toys R Us exiled all the EAH stuff entirely but the Bunny/Alistaire and Elite Raven dolls, so now each store just happens to have a handful of dolls left.

However, ONE Superstore in town still has the Signature Dolls for some reason. But only a small handful- we never did get the "new face" dolls (which I really feel would have made the line a bigger deal in the early days).

The southern-most Walmart has proven highly disappointing in terms of dolls, now- they still carry the Disney stuff, but MH is reduced to a scattered bunch of 1-2 dolls, plus the Treesa one. South Edmonton Common is really coming off as a non-destination for this stuff, which is sad- there used to be FIVE different stores in a very short space that had MH stuff all over- London Drugs, Marshall's, Winners, Superstore & Walmart were all stocked with things you could look at. Nowadays it's just the same old stuff.

Heck, even a year and a half ago there was a store that still had CASTA FIERCE. Now it's just the newest stuff only, with no more stragglers- I actually miss the old shelfwarmers :(.

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 20, 2017, 03:11:52 AM »
Nothing much new to report, except that the western-most TRU in town is now out of every Ever After High figure, EXCEPT the Bunny/Alistaire "Date" set. Giant Maddie is gone, too. However, they STILL have two huge "EAH Castle" sets, with no discount in sight. Man, they they wait too long to release THAT gigantic thing!

The MH School is on a big discount now, too, and they're doing 40% off on all figs $29.99 and over, meaning the sets, Pirate Gooliope and more. The "Electrified" line appears to be nearly sold-out, which is a good sign (compared to how long the "Haunted" stuff shelfwarmed, in any case).

And lo and behold- there is only ONE Sig Gooliope Jellington left on the shelf! Now THAT is a doll that's stuck around for a long time! It's a true curiosity, too- the only doll exclusively at that size, and probably the single longest-lasting doll I've ever seen- I've seen this entire doll section completely up-ended and replaced probably twice over in the span of Gooliope's Shelf-Life, here!

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 23, 2017, 02:05:17 AM »
Hopefully it's due to hot Christmas sales, but HOLY COW the west-side TRU was out of stuff! They was so little MH merchandise out that they'd shoved some Mega Blocks stuff to fill space! No EAH stuff at all, one Gooliope (Pirate version), and 3-4 Frankie Stein collectible sets. No Sigs, no Electrified stuff, etc. Really, REALLY empty. But so were the DC SuperHero Girls, Descendants and other dolls, so I guess they were just out for Christmas.

It'll be interesting to see what the local stores look like after Christmas, though.

Offline snowblossum

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:20 AM »
The stores in Regina are really picked over and did not get much extra toy stock for Christmas. The doll aisle is almost bare. Only a few dolls left.

I popped into Walmart to see if they have started restocking and nothing yet. What I am really hoping we get is the new Barbie fashions with Hello Kitty, Care Bear etc. If anyone find thaws fashions can you post which store. I am really hoping we get some soon

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 22, 2018, 02:47:53 AM »
Well this just gets more and more depressing, LOL. Monster High has disappeared from Superstores entirely, and their Ever After High stuff has been discounted to sell- they don't even have the SKUs for the dolls any longer, so they had to find a similar doll! Got a Farrah Goodfairy for only $11.50 that way, but wow- only three dolls left "in the wild" at this point. This store was the last one in the city that still carried EAH.

TRUs, which I guess are still gonna be in Canada, are packing only a tiny handful oh MH stuff, but you can at least find their new releases, like the "turn into animals" ones.

Offline snowblossum

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 27, 2018, 04:22:00 AM »
I know barely any MH Walmart looks like it won’t carry the dolls anymore

Nice find on the Farrah.

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 31, 2018, 04:11:26 AM »
Yeah, EAH is pretty much gone entirely now... save for the "Castle" sets they STILL HAVE in Toys R US stores, because those gigantic sets are hard sells, especially for toylines that were never really hugely popular. It's kind of funny to see MH & EAH ground down to nothing, and these giant sets shoved onto bottom shelves at half-price so they'll sell.

It's a bit sad to go to a Superstore and find NOTHING for EAH, when they were the last bastion that still carried them (I think because they had them on the most recent schematics for their shelves, and those take MONTHS to change over). And pretty soon we'll be done seeing Monster High "in the wild" as well- only a few TRUs still maintain any kind of a shelf presence.

I've started to have to find new hobbies, lol.