collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

March 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: MHArena All Boys Club (ABC) *NEW questions added!!!!*  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Mothra Stewart

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • It's a ghoul thing.
    • View Profile
Re: MHArena All Boys Club (ABC) *NEW questions added!!!!*
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 05:39:38 AM »
Keep 'em coming fellas! I wanna read more of your stories ^^ this is an interesting thread

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • StepFATHERS are the most wicked of them all!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 06:10:30 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying the thread!!! XD

Do you collect Ever After High Dolls?
Yep, I have everything thats been released so far and no plans on slowing down anymore!
Do your parents or siblings know about your collecting, if so how do they react/feel?
My Mom acknoledges it and sometimes appreciates it, my stepfather tolerates it, my stepbro thinks its "weird but cool"
Would you ever give up collecting if a significant other asked you to?
HELL to the NO
Can I ask a question, too? How do you feel about the male characters in MH (and/or EAH)? Do you think they are an improvement over other doll lines or do you think they're still too stereotypical (most of them are boyfriends, etc)?
I think they are leaps and bounds better than the boyfriends of other lines (besides maybe Terrance from Disney Fairies). These mansters and fable guys have tehir own individual back stories that are awesome, and most of their designs are awesomely original...I mean can you believe they're making a Manny Taur?!!?!?!

You guys are amazing, it's awesome to hear bout "guys" collecting as well, do any of you photograph? :)
I do, I'm a novice though, but I am participating in ANTM, and I often take pics of my displays for my collection :D

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
Nope. They are not in South Africa

Do your parents or siblings know about your collecting, if so how do they react/feel?
My siblings know and they think I am weird, but then again they always think that so nothing new. I don't know my dad and my Mom passed away a few years ago. But she would have loved these dolls!

No. I do not change who I am for anyone. You like me as I am or you can go get *beep beep beep*
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »
I love reading about you guys too!  :)

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline NoodleMore

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
I bought Hunter Huntsman from an Arena member and I must say that I'm impressed with him. I think I'm only going to collect the boy dolls, though.

No, they don't know but I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised. I've always been sort of a collector. 

No, why would I?  I am an adult and I can do what I like with my extra money. My partner thinks I'm silly but oh well!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:31:12 AM by NoodleMore »

Offline Nightmare

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Freaky Fabulous
  • Rebellious
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 04:16:09 AM »
Do your spouses support you or just shake their head?
Single. Forever and always ;)

When the cashier checks you out do they ask &quot;Is this for your daughter?&quot; ...Do you answer with the truth or lie through your teeth?
Honestly they give me a weird look but I'm fine with it. Had no problems other than that.

Is MH the only &quot;girl&quot; line you collect?
Yes. No plan on buying anything else, really.

How do you collect your dolls? MIB, or do you open and play with them?
I open them and then play with them. I try to keep them in their original stock and hairstyle, though.

Have you ever purchased fashions for your dolls on Etsy or other places?
I want to. So, so bad.

Offline bscfan82

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Happiness comes from within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »
I only have the Core dolls so far but if time and money allows I do plan on getting the others, but I won't be upset if I can't get the other sets.

Yes, Even my coworkers know about my collecting. Nobody really cares but my bf and my mom would like me to slow down until I have money saved up lol but oh well.

Nope. No way we all collect something so to ask me to give up my collection is like asking them to give up theirs.

How do you feel about the male characters in MH (and/or EAH)? Do you think they are an improvement over other doll lines or do you think they're still too stereotypical (most of them are boyfriends, etc)?
Hmm I like that they have their own personalities and are not just an addition the girl. I actually like the male characters at least for sure in the MH.

Do any of you photograph?
I do but not like most of the people here. I like to take pictures of old buildings and trees or tombstones things like that! It's fun to have the right lighting especially if it's natural light.

I am searching for SDCC Scarah Screams and Hoo Dude, Also in search of SDCC Manny Taur and Iris Clops!

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 10:36:04 PM »
I am so late to the party :P

I am currently single...

When the cashier checks you out do they ask "Is this for your daughter?" ...Do you answer with the truth or lie through your teeth>?

Haha, I am so guilty XD If they ask I usually say their for my sister XD But she shops with me a lot and is into MH/EAH as well, so whenever shes with me they never ask, I guess they assume that they are for her XD

Is MH the only "girl" line you collect?

I dabbled in barbie, own a few Liv (mainly just because I was delighted by the double-jointed knee Lol), as well as own several larger dolls: a Karito Kid, and some American Girl

Theres no such thing as a box at my house... Except for EAH, because I like keeping their cool book-boxes :P

Not as of yet, but I have seen some amazing things from Etsy and similar places and will probably get into it sooner or later :)

OPTIONAL: Are you gay straight or Bisexual?

Straight.... I'm like the only one on here XD I blame my 3 sisters for my admittedly strange interests :P

YES!!! Cerise all the way!

Sorta. I try to keep it hidden from everyone but my little sis though :-\

I doubt it. This is me, and if they dont love me, then I shouldnt be with them anyways... I'd have to love her a WHOLE lot to do a thing like that :-\
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline galaxy

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Sister Pack
  • Jason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
I don't have one, but at least like one of my friends supports me.

When the cashier checks you out do they ask "Is this for your daughter?" ...Do you answer with the truth or lie through your teeth>?
They don't usually ask me that. They usually ask if I would like a gift receipt and I tell them "No."  :P

No, I collect EAH and some Barbie/My Scene dolls.

Open and play/photograph them! :)

Nope.

Yes.

My Dad just tells me that I'm supposed to be saving up for a car and my Mom makes little comments that are annoying by ultimately she doesn't do anything. Like yesterday, I bought two FTH dolls and she said they're going out the window on the way home. My brother hasn't said anything.

If I came down financially, yes. If it was "just cause", I really wouldn't be a fan of giving it up.

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
I'm also interesting in you guys.  I didn't realize there were so many male members here.  That's really cool.

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »

Straight.... I'm like the only one on here XD I blame my 3 sisters for my admittedly strange interests :P

Excuse you, we have some straight guys on here! :D
Don't call your hobby strange is my advise. There are lots of straight guys who like dolls, but they are afraid their peers will bully them if they admit it. The more straight guys speaking out and saying it's cool, the more straight guys will follow ;)
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline toddthezombie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 03:19:23 PM »
This looks fun!

My other half supports me, even buys me them.

When the cashier checks you out do they ask "Is this for your daughter?" ...Do you answer with the truth or lie through your teeth?
I usually don't get asked, normally I do lie though.

Yes, although I played with dolls as a child.

Open, possibly redress them and display them.

not from etsy, i've bought additional fashions from eBay

I'm gay

Nope, though I like the outfits.

They all do, my Mam actually helped me look for one, my brother likes them too.

If it was because of money worries yes, but other than that no.

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 06:43:31 PM »

Don't call your hobby strange is my advise. There are lots of straight guys who like dolls, but they are afraid their peers will bully them if they admit it. The more straight guys speaking out and saying it's cool, the more straight guys will follow ;)
How many do you know of? I think I might know of one other :-/

Haha, well it wasnt just dolls i was referring to. I have other...erm... strange interests :P

Offline PrincessSquishy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »

Haha, well it wasnt just dolls i was referring to. I have other...erm... strange interests :P

I'm pretty sure there are other straight guys on here.  If not, Firecracker and I need to discuss some things... :P

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure there are other straight guys on here.  If not, Firecracker and I need to discuss some things... :P

Haha, he was the one I was referring to :P

Offline Howls-wth-Wolves

• Freaky Fabulous
  • Go ghouls!! Hockey ghoul in the house
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
First off I was if I ever misgendered any of you, I do apologize. It's often tricky keeping track of folks on the board.

Second, good to see I'm not the only trans person here. I'm FTM.

I'm currently single. Though my BFF teases me (gently) about the several G1 ponies I have.

When the cashier checks you out do they ask "Is this for your daughter?"
Nope I say it's for me.

I also collecting AG (American Girl) and I have on EAH doll. It all depends on funds. Also a smattering of G1 ponies, been a MLP fan since childhood (early 80s).

MIB if there are alot of odds/ends that go with the doll. Free range for the rest.

Nope. Though I have bought MH off Amazon.

Bi

Yep, though I only have one right now (Rebel all the way). If I keep collecting will depend on if I want to focus on MH instead. Only have room for one line right now.

My Mom got me hooked on AG when I was a kid and she knew I still collected as an adult. She didn't care. My Dad doesn't know because he'd be stupid about it.

Only and only if because it was for money going towards rent/food/medication.

Offline Centaur_Brady

• Vampire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »

I'm single

I usually buy my dolls when I am buying other things and the cashiers never really seems to notice them.
Around the time when Ever After High first came out I was buying Briar. She was the ONLY thing I as buying that day. When the cashier saw what I was buying, I could tell she thought I was rather odd.   :bateyes:

Hahahahaha no. I have collected girl toys all my life. As a child, toy cars and army men were incredibly boring to me and I gravitated towards the pink isle more. My tastes change over the years, but i have collected
Cabbage patch, LPS, Strawberry Shortcake, American Girl, My Little Pony, Barbie, Ever After High, Monster High and a few others I am probably forgetting. I have started getting into Blythe dolls and I"m really excited about that.  :bolt:

I use to ALWAYS open them up and play with them, but some looks so pretty in their boxes that I have a few MIB.

No, but I have been looking and I probably will soon.

I'm gay as sunshine.  :sunny:

Post Merge: September 17, 2014, 12:17:34 AM

Yes. I am trying to only get just the basic characters...Legacy Day Cerise is calling me though...

My mom doesn't really care. She likes dolls herself, but doesn't understand the whole collecting thing.
She even comes out with me to doll hunt sometimes.  :)
I NEVER talk to my dad about it. He made me feel horrible about liking dolls as a kid and I just keep my door shut when he is around. My sister acts like she is supportive, but she seems mostly disinterested and thinks that dolls are silly. She can kinda make mean, backhanded comments too. The other day I showed her my Blythe doll and she said she thought my doll was "unique". A few days later we were on the Monster High/Barbie isle at Target and she said "I don't know why all dolls they make today are so creepy and ugly with huge eyes. When I was a kid, I liked PRETTY dolls." I was offended because she knows I am passionate about those dolls and she said it so hurtfully.  My brother doesn't care at all because he is use to it. He does think it is funny to watch me dunk a doll's head in boiling water when I do a boil wash/perm.  :biggrin:

Nah, I could kick him out and make his old room into a new doll room.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:17:35 AM by Centaur_Brady »

Offline NitronicZombie

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 07:02:08 AM »
Hey dudes I'm a new guy here, basically at first I never really paid any attention to MH but when Toralei was introduced I just loved her character design. When she finally got a doll I tried to convince myself I didn't need dolls because I was a guy.

At this same time I was going through depression, one day I saw A Toralei at Wal-mart I tried to ignore it but at the last moment I bought her, completely ignoring any looks people gave me or anything. 

Single but when I did have a GF she didn't know
No cashier has asked or cared really
yes
I open and display them, MY signature Toralei goes on my computer desk though, I sometime pick one up and examine it
nope, don't buy mh stuff online
Very straight
don't like em, they look bland compared to MH
My Mom just chooses not to question it and calls me weird and my Dad just laughs at me
If that person would want me to give up something that makes me happy then are they the right significant other?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:31:10 AM by NitronicZombie »

An utter Catastrophe

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 05:32:22 AM »
Very straight
Cool! Haha, and dont worry, after a few months on this forum your girls will multiply like wildfire. The forum seems to alter the mind and convince you of all the dolls you are missing :P