collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: MH secondary market?  (Read 3041 times)

Offline lovelysmooty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fearleader
  • Wonky dolls? I gots 'em in spades!
    • View Profile
MH secondary market?
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:34:05 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong section/been posted about before/possibly too personal to talk about money (?)

Have you ever bought a doll loose on the secondary market? If so, what is the most you've ever paid?

The most I've paid for a loose doll with all accessories was $25 before ship for a sig Ghoulia, but I figured that was practically retail so I reconciled it in my mind.
BUT...
That was until yesterday, when I mindlessly bid on a Cleo/Duece first wave set, loose, with all accessories on Ebay. Welp, I won shortly after didn't think I'd actually win it!) and paid *with shipping*....
$48!
Eep! That's crazy! Or is it? :shrug: :wonder:

Offline skitterbug

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: MH secondary market?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:37:20 PM »
Judging by some of the prices I've seen on that set... That seems pretty good to me! It cost about that that up here, anyway :P

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:38:18 PM »
25$ for a Sig Ghoulia is exceptional.

I paid pretty much 30$ for School's Out Cleo and 22$ for Sig Abbey. I'd pay a great amount for Sig Lagoona/Ghoulia, if I could add some current dolls to trade as well.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline mochi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fearleader
  • BJD-MH-EAH-PN fanatic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
Yes ^_^ I'd say more than half of my collection is second hand!  I came to MH from the BJD hobby so that might have something to do with my love of second hand haha...

I think the most I ever paid for a second hand doll was $15, but I wasn't searching for a rare doll.  Although I don't know the price of Cleo and Deuce, I assume it's up there and $48 doesn't sound bad to me especially with shipping included (again, maybe because I'm a bjd collector ._. anything in double digits is cheap to me..).  I haven't bought anything on eBay for a lonnnng time but I notice how crazy the shipping prices seem to be on things. 
Wanted: Raven's collars, Black Boots

::
:: Current dolls for Sale ::

Offline lovelysmooty

• Fearleader
  • Wonky dolls? I gots 'em in spades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:55 PM »
Judging by some of the prices I've seen on that set... That seems pretty good to me! It cost about that that up here, anyway :P
That's how I'm trying to rationalize it! Lol! I don't know how much it was retail, but 48 bucks can't be more than 15 above retail..I think  :P
25$ for a Sig Ghoulia is exceptional.

I paid pretty much 30$ for School's Out Cleo and 22$ for Sig Abbey. I'd pay a great amount for Sig Lagoona/Ghoulia, if I could add some current dolls to trade as well.
This makes me feel better, thank you! I figure that if I get a pretty good deal on one doll, then if I overpay a bit on another, it's ok cause it's a wash! Lol ;)
Yes ^_^ I'd say more than half of my collection is second hand!  I came to MH from the BJD hobby so that might have something to do with my love of second hand haha...

I think the most I ever paid for a second hand doll was $15, but I wasn't searching for a rare doll.  Although I don't know the price of Cleo and Deuce, I assume it's up there and $48 doesn't sound bad to me especially with shipping included (again, maybe because I'm a bjd collector ._. anything in double digits is cheap to me..).  I haven't bought anything on eBay for a lonnnng time but I notice how crazy the shipping prices seem to be on things.
Lol!! I just like second hand dollies because they are already out of box and I don't have to worry about deboxing or anything :)
I think MH is a pretty good BJD alternative, or maybe a side hobby to complement a BJD collection (oh man, now THAT would be expensive! :D)
Yeah, shipping on eBay it really ridiculous, I think it shipped from the same state that I'm in yet shipping somehow came to almost 10 dollars, what gives? Aw well, I'm still excited to get them, just wanted to be sure I didn't grooooosssly overpay  :facepalm:

Offline OMGitsaLisa

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »
The most I've paid for a second hand doll was $35 each for I <3 Fashion Abbey and Frankie which was only $5 over retail. There are other dolls I want, but I've got so many now that while I'd love to get some of the older ones I missed out on, I just can't justify the price on any of them. I don't think other people who spend more on the dolls they want are crazy or anything. We all just have different priorities and if that doll will make you happier than having the money you spent on it, then who am I to judge?

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »
Honestly, it depends completely on the doll you're hunting down.
I have plenty of second hand dolls, but unless they're a rare/old release I won't pay a cent above retail.
That said, I spent $80 on a sig toralei last summer with all her accessories.  Sooo worth it though, I do love her <3
She was a grail for me though after I trashed my first one, so maybe that's why I'm cool with it.

Offline magenta

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fashion Pack
  • don't dream it, be it
    • View Profile
    • Christina Articulates
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »
The most I've paid for a loose doll (SDCC Ghoulia notwithstanding!) was $20 or less. The most I've paid for a secondhand doll period was $30 or $40 for a NIB DOTD Ghoulia, I don't remember.

Offline TheStripyCat

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Creative Kitty
  • An aspiring doll artist
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:44 PM »
The most expensive doll for me was one of my Neferas - $53 shipped, another one was $46,6, got one Cupid and basic Tora for $32 each and another Cupid for $44. These are the most expensive of my dolls. But in my town a normal boxed (not slim boxed) doll costs $53 in one of the cheapest stores. I could find them cheaper in another store, but it's rarely restocked and doesn't have all the new releases. So that's an ok price for me.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Offline Compulsive Collector

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Compulsive Collector
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 09:15:32 AM »
For myself, my Forbitten Love Draculaura cost just under $40, but I paid just over $80 for the Holt I gave my girlfriend at Christmas.

Offline suicidemilk23

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
My most expensive out of box dolls were Cupid and Nefera for about $35 each. New in box on the other hand, $156 shipped for Dawn of the Dance 3 pack, $110 shipped for Wave 1 Holt, $110 Dawn of the Dance Deuce... But now everything Monster High priced doesn't seem that bad to me because I started collecting Disney dolls.

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 01:17:39 PM »
I can't even tell you how much money I've spent in secondary dolls :blush:
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline bscfan82

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Happiness comes from within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
I paid $65 for a DOTD Draculaura and $60 for DOTD Ghoulia! I REALLY want DOTD Deuce and Lagoona but I can't afford their prices on ebay :(
I am searching for SDCC Scarah Screams and Hoo Dude, Also in search of SDCC Manny Taur and Iris Clops!

Offline Compulsive Collector

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Compulsive Collector
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
Just bought a Nefera for $80, so she's now the most expensive doll I've purchased loose.

Offline StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »
The most I paid second hand was $50 something and that was for a complete signature Holt, other than that I don't do too much 2nd hand shopping. Holt is hanging out at the Casbah as the DJ.