collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

June 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Shahaila's Photo Album - NEW: Katrina Calaveras  (Read 49894 times)

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Shahaila's Photo Album - NEW: Katrina Calaveras
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:11:26 AM »
I have always enjoyed everyone's photo albums and posts so I thought I would start my own.  I have quite a few pictures of Jia Shen that I have not been able to share until now so I will start with her.  The name Jia Shen Long means Beautiful Spirit Dragon.  She was named in honor of my friend Jilly who passed away in late January, and Jia Shen has been a celebration of that friendship to me.  Also there are not many pictures of "NS Jinafire" here on the forum so I hope these pictures will serve to showcase the beauty of that particular doll.

These are some alternate pics I took for the ANTM Challenge 5 (Tasteful Nude).

Jewel Drop

Sexy Valentine

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:41:34 PM by Shahaila »
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein

Offline Diamond

• Wine cellar goddess
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Shahaila's Photo Album
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
What lovely photos, I happen to love Jinafire, and your gal is lovely.

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 09:02:53 AM »
What lovely photos, I happen to love Jinafire, and your gal is lovely.
Thank you  :).  I actually passed on signature Jina something about the eyes just felt a little flatter to me than the eyes of other dolls.  When NS Jina was released I thought I would give her a try, when I unboxed her I felt the same way about her and was actually concerned that she might not be very versitile due to her coloring.  From what I read in threads most people really prefer the signature version.  But I have to say after all the restyling and photo shoots I have done with her she totally won me over and she is one of my favorite dolls.  Every time I look at her I just think she gets even more beautiful.  I am one for lively colors so I really love the bright green make-up I think it looks great with her hair, and when I restyled her to look like Sig. Jina for the "Jewel Drop" pic she just took my breath away.  I am really glad I waited for this version of her, to me she is perfection  :).  I just shake my head every time I think that I was serioulsy considering trading her at one point lol.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:05:07 AM by Shahaila »

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
I wanted a place to keep all of my ANTM photos together, I will be adding to this post as new challenges are completed.  It has been an amazing experience to meet the challenges and see how versatile this doll really is:

Challenge 1 - Introduction, favorite activity performing Ballet (Title: The Leap)

Challenge 2 - Friendship (in memory of Jilly) (Title: Best Friends)

Challenge 3 - Sell an Accessory (Title: One Cool Hat!)

Challenge 4 - Outfit Made of Unconventional Materials (Title: Hula Ghoul)

Challenge 5 - Tasteful Nude (Title: Dragon Horde)

Challenge 6 - Head to Toe, Feet off the Ground (Title: Queen of Butterflies) (withdrew from competition and submitted to play along thread)

Challenge 7 - Avant Garde Hair Style (Title:  My Ball - Christmas in Whoville)

Challenge 8 - Channel a Celebrity (Title:  Cruella DeVille)

Challenge 9 - Posing with an Animal Friend (Title:  Jia of the Jungle)

Challenge 10 - Representation of Chinese Zodiac (Title:  Year of the Rooster)
Fixed Season: Autumn
Fixed Element:  Metal
Characteristics:  Well dressed, punctuality (clock), straightforward nature (pose).

Challenge 11 - Fun In The Summertime (Title:  Sharfing - The sport of Shark Surfing)

Challenge 12 - Modern Rendition of a Saint (Title:  St. Cecilia on the Pianoway to Heaven)

Challenge 12 Second Submission  - Based on 1 of the 7 Heavenly Virtues (Title:  Humility - Lilly of the Valley)

Challenge 13 - Clothing Line Inspired by Style of Music (Title:  One Strange Trip - Psychedelic Rock)

Challenge 14 - Masquerade - Modeling Maison Grrtin Rawrgiela newest line - I selected Ballroom Gowns (Title: Mardi Gras Ball)

Challenge 15 - CoverGhoul Ad - (Title: CoverGhoul) - A big thanks to ebmerc for selecting one of my 5 play along pics and turning into a CoverGhoul Ad for me  :hug:

Challenge 16 - Glamourous - (Title: Chinese Theatre Movie Premier)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 11:43:07 AM by Shahaila »

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:52:27 PM »
I really loved all of Shia's pictures!
The creativity in all of her outfits and backgrounds are delightful to see :)
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 05:38:17 AM »
Thank you Nassib.  I love trying to do full scenes and concepts, bringing those out of my head and into a picture is what makes taking this pics so fun for me.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• EAH Addict
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Falling down the rabbit hole....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 07:06:29 AM »
I love your pictures, all the little details are so awesome.

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »
I love your pictures, all the little details are so awesome.
Thank you so much.   I love your pics too!  :P

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 06:35:37 AM »
The third Challenge of the ANTM was the most challenging for me to wrap my head around, focusing on an accessory rather than on my model.  I really have fun trying to pull off full concepts so I think it was the pure modeling nature of the challenge that I struggled with.  I really liked many of the original photos I took, but did not submit any of them because they really showcased my model more than the accessory because of the black on black.  Here are some of those original photos:

More pics from this shoot in spoiler:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:05:14 AM by Shahaila »

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 07:00:48 AM »
Jia is just so wonderful <3
She actually made me change my mind about jinafire, and now I have a new scaremester too  :blush:
Keep up the great work!

Offline Among_the_Stars

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Spooktacular
  • Non coelo tantum, sed et mari suae stellae sunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 07:32:46 AM »
I still want that hat so badly!  And I really like the photos. I love how the colors compliment her scales and bring out the color of her hair.

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Shahaila\'s Photo Album
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 07:33:29 AM »
Jia is just so wonderful <3
She actually made me change my mind about jinafire, and now I have a new scaremester too  :blush:
Thank you so much Firecraker!  Jia Shen is blushing profusely and sends you a big hug.  If she has been able to inspire others to get a NS Jinafire then I have served her well and she has surpassed her wildest dreams.  That is the highest form of flattery a ghoul can receive.  I give her all the credit  :).

I will continue to take photos of her (how could I not?!?!?!? lol), but once the ANTM challenges are over I think she will receive a well deserved vacation and I will work on a monthly photo shoot using various other dolls in my collection.   Maybe I will focus on taking photos of some of the less popular and less photographed dolls.

Post Merge: May 12, 2014, 07:36:50 AM

I still want that hat so badly!  And I really like the photos. I love how the colors compliment her scales and bring out the color of her hair.
I got the hat and purse (it came as a set) on Ebay for like $17.50 or something like that.  My hubby got it for me for my b-day (along with a tripod).  I have since made a dress to go with it and am in the process of detailing some shoes, hopefully I can use them in another challenge with her.  The hat size I got was the larger of the two hat sizes and it fits perfectly.  If I had the money I would honestly go and buy some more hat/purse sets from this lady, the quality is really good.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:36:50 AM by Shahaila »

Offline PrincessSquishy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »
I will continue to take photos of her (how could I not?!?!?!? lol), but once the ANTM challenges are over I think she will receive a well deserved vacation and I will work on a monthly photo shoot using various other dolls in my collection.   Maybe I will focus on taking photos of some of the less popular and less photographed dolls.

That would be amazing!  There are so many ghouls that don't get enough love, and with your super awesome photo skills you could totally fix that!  Jia made me love my NS Jina way more than I used to, and her ANTM photos are always among Amy and I's favorites.  :biggrin:

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
That would be amazing!  There are so many ghouls that don't get enough love, and with your super awesome photo skills you could totally fix that!  Jia made me love my NS Jina way more than I used to, and her ANTM photos are always among Amy and I's favorites.  :biggrin:
Thank you so much! You are so sweet.  My hubby has taught me what he knows about photography and photo editing, and we have a good time getting creative together so we have found that we have a good time with this.  My hubby and I had talked about writing down on paper some concepts we like tossing them into a bag and pulling one out, and putting the dolls in another and drawing a doll at random and then see what we can come up with.  Another thing that could be fun is if anyone had any "challenge" type ideas like the ANTM has to help me focus on the direction for pictures.  Conceptualizing and putting it all together is the funnest part for me.  :)

By the way tell Amy that Jia Shen says hi  :)

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 06:04:19 AM »
I took a few quick pics of some of my other ghouls that I thought I would share.  Pics are in the spoiler:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:54:02 AM by Shahaila »

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:39 AM »
Gorgeous ghouls!! :D I love how you re-dressed GB Ghoulia and PG Frankie! GR Clawdeen is beautiful too! I never thought I would want one but I think yours is making me change my mind. :)

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 06:21:27 AM »
Gorgeous ghouls!! :D I love how you re-dressed GB Ghoulia and PG Frankie! GR Clawdeen is beautiful too! I never thought I would want one but I think yours is making me change my mind. :)
I believe it was Tuney that posted an amazing pic of GR Clawdeen in this gorgeous white dress that made me run out and buy the doll.  It is trully amazing what change of clothes can do for this doll.  She is my favorite Clawdeen.  I say do it, you won't regret it  :).  I need to take a pic of my GR Frankie, she now wears the PG Frankie outfit and it is so perfect for her with the lighting crackle design on her face.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• EAH Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 06:57:25 AM »
I love how you've redressed your ghouls. Your Brooklyn girls are awesome they really show attitude!!

Offline Shahaila

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 07:08:09 AM »
I love how you've redressed your ghouls. Your Brooklyn girls are awesome they really show attitude!!
Thank you!  :)  My other dolls sort of find the Brooklyn girls a bit obnoxious, but I just love how much attitude they have.  I really think they deserve their own photo shoot at some point.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• EAH Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 07:40:32 AM »
I can't wait to see that :)