collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
[25] 26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 301222 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Resident Lagoona Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »
I just notice that the the new webisodes are missing the ones about Iris & Manny

Oh yeah! Hmm, weird. The less we hear about them and the dolls the more convinced I am they're gonna be this year's SDCC exclusive. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Speaking of which, I went to C2E2 yesterday and saw about five Webarellas ughhh they were at least 100 dollars less than what I see them go for online but I just didn't have that kind of money and could never justify spending it unless I came into a huge windfall or something. So sad. I went looking for other dolls but there was nothing you couldn't find at retailers on sale at any given moment so I passed. I did see a Slo Mo going for $45 and two Scaris Deuces for $50 each. Yikes.

I was there too and saw at least one Webarella and a bunch of other current dolls. I pretty much never go there in search for dolls. Haha.
-Bow Tie
:lag: :gil: In search of DotD Deuce's Rose and Glasses :deuce: :cleo:

Offline nyanpotato

• Cerise Crazy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »
Okay, I need Creepateria Cleo.
Nyan♥

Offline CharmingVenus

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2014, 05:48:31 PM »
Don't know if it's permanent but my local Target Canada changed all of their budget doll prices to 12.99.

Offline skitterbug

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »
Don't know if it's permanent but my local Target Canada changed all of their budget doll prices to 12.99.

Oooh, I hope it's permanent. They're not very 'budget' at the moment.

Offline CharmingVenus

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 06:03:23 PM »

Oooh, I hope it's permanent. They're not very 'budget' at the moment.

I hope they'll stay like that until we can find the Creepateria ghouls!

Offline Nightmare

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Freaky Fabulous
  • Rebellious
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
By the way, if anyone is buying the Venus and Rochelle 2-pack and is not interested in one, PM me and we'll split. ;)

Offline Catlein

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »

What what what???? Fantastic :D

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 11:30:19 PM »
This is a random question, but...To those of you who wash your doll's hair, do you ever have to go back (maybe several months or even a year later) and have to re-wash their hair because it feels sort of tacky? It's not the same feeling as when a doll have seepage...at least, not that I recall.

Offline Niksilp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »
This is a random question, but...To those of you who wash your doll's hair, do you ever have to go back (maybe several months or even a year later) and have to re-wash their hair because it feels sort of tacky? It's not the same feeling as when a doll have seepage...at least, not that I recall.

I'm pretty sure that's just more glue seepage. I have a couple dolls who I already need to retreat because their hair has that tacky feeling and is looking limp and greasy again. :/ It definitely feels different than the original seepage, though.

Offline itzelery

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Monster Hunter
  • you ought to be its
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2014, 01:18:05 AM »
I just notice that the the new webisodes are missing the ones about Iris & Manny

Oh yeah! Hmm, weird. The less we hear about them and the dolls the more convinced I am they're gonna be this year's SDCC exclusive. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Speaking of which, I went to C2E2 yesterday and saw about five Webarellas ughhh they were at least 100 dollars less than what I see them go for online but I just didn't have that kind of money and could never justify spending it unless I came into a huge windfall or something. So sad. I went looking for other dolls but there was nothing you couldn't find at retailers on sale at any given moment so I passed. I did see a Slo Mo going for $45 and two Scaris Deuces for $50 each. Yikes.

I was there too and saw at least one Webarella and a bunch of other current dolls. I pretty much never go there in search for dolls. Haha.

Yeah, haha. It was my first time at one of these so I wasn't sure what to expect. Now I know not to expect much as far as dolls go. And also to save up lots of money for next time. Those autographs and photo ops drain ya real quick.  :dazed:

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »

I don't know why the fullsized version doesn't want to show up, it's bigger on tumblr.
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline skitterbug

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »

I don't know why the fullsized version doesn't want to show up, it's bigger on tumblr.

I wish we had a basketball Clawdeen with the afro she had in the fashion pack! (i think that was it?) That would be great c:

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »
I just love the sports line... I wonder how Clawdeen's bubblegum is attached to her mouth. Maybe in the same way the Freaky Fusion fangs are attached to Ghoulia and Frankie? That would be interesting to find out.

I think I need her. I'm not crazy about her shoes but everything else is just so great about her! Sadly I want so many deluxe ghouls already... don't know if I have the funds for this line :(
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline Maddie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Creative Kitty
  • "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »

Oh man I really need that Clawdeen. Lol it makes me miss my softball days.

Speaking of the new episodes I just watched them. It half tempts me to buy a boy doll, so I can dress him in drag. :whistle:
I post a lot from my phone, sorry for weird typos

Formerly Madhatterda
Spring Swap wishlist

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »
Speaking of the new episodes I just watched them. It half tempts me to buy a boy doll, so I can dress him in drag. :whistle:

Have you guys noticed that this is the third(?) time already a MH guy dresses in drag and has no actual problems with it? I think that's cute. Also, accidental boob window. Clawd was rocking that outfit XD
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
  • "the party never dies!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 12:52:55 PM »

yea that's glue seepage. ugh, it's so frustarting mattel is till using glue for god only knows what reason, I've had to treat glue seepage on like 5 or 6 of my dolls within the last month, some of them were there 2nd treatments too, so annoying!
 unfortunately it's just something you have to monitor amongst hard headed dolls :/

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:43:03 PM by Morieris »

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's just more glue seepage. I have a couple dolls who I already need to retreat because their hair has that tacky feeling and is looking limp and greasy again. :/ It definitely feels different than the original seepage, though.

I have been treating them with goo gone, but apparently that does not work. It has been so long since I dealt with the problem, so can someone remind me what the other solutions are?

Offline Morieris

• MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »
Baby powdering the head is something I hear a lot.

Offline Shahaila

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2014, 01:39:50 PM »
Baby powdering the head is something I hear a lot.
That is what I use.  I just douse the hair in baby powder, let it sit for a couple of hours then wash the hair.  Sometimes it takes more than one treatment, but the hair does come out really soft in the end and its cheap.
"I have no particular talent,
I am passionately inquisitive" Albert Einstein