collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

August 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Toys you wanted as a kid but never got.  (Read 9683 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: Toys you wanted as a kid but never got.
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 08:40:20 AM »
I remember two toys that I wanted but never got; a Star Castle and a Furby.

I also really wanted a Nintendo 64 but never got one.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:44:01 AM by Sandi »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 01:25:04 PM »
Ultra Magnus.  My brother got him instead and he was confused about it as he wanted a bike.   :|

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »
-American Girls Samantha & Molly

-More Barbies (one Christmas my sister got two full Barbies and I got a 6" Barbie knock off.... yeah, I wasn't happy).

-The Power Rangers zords.  Eventually I bought my own with some Christmas gift cards, but my cousin had every single Zord including the first series ones that were ANIMALS (instead of cars like I got...) and I was always soooooooooooo envious!

-I think I may have wanted a My Little Pony at some point.  I remember I saw part of one of the movies on TV which was SUPER interesting but it went on past my bed time so I couldn't watch it to the end... and I tried to rent it at the video store but it wasn't the same one  :cry:.  Then I went to a party and the daughter of the hosts had probably about 100x more toys than I did - including MLP.  I was fascinated but I was just starting to get to the age where dolls and ponies weren't so interesting anymore so by the time Christmas rolled around they didn't make my list.

-Figures of Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu from Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon figures in general.  The only way to get them back in the day was to live near a China Town (I didn't) or to buy them on yahoo or ebay auctions... but this was ages ago back when they were new sites and people still thought it was unsafe to give Amazon.com your credit card number.  So, of course, my parents didn't trust them.

Oh I forgot about the American Girl dolls! One of my friends had one (I can't remember which) and I always wanted one; but they were just a little too expensive for my parents to afford.
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline Nightmare

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Freaky Fabulous
  • Rebellious
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »
I wanted those lgiht saber toys that retract. They were super cool and I just didn't get one. Not that I care any more. *bites lip*

Offline Howls-wth-Wolves

• Freaky Fabulous
  • Go ghouls!! Hockey ghoul in the house
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
Transformers. Especially Optimus Prime but they where expensive in the early 80s.

Offline aluke

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 11:45:34 PM »

Nostalgia! I have that castle tucked away in the basement...albeit I don't even remember it being pink when I was a kid.

My childhood wants...off hand, I can remember this mermaid barbie my friend had that I wanted because I liked toys I could play with when I took baths. There was also this Digimon toy that was like a transformer where it can digivolve between two forms, I wanted the Garudomon because I was obsessed with Biyomon and her digivolutions as a kid.

Aside from that, all I can place is wanting to have a complete collection of beanie babies. Those were the main  toys of my childhood and I loved them to bits.

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 01:13:18 AM »

My parents hated Baby Sinclair for some reason. My brother and I got every gruesome or stupid toy we wanted but Baby Sinclair was taboo.

Oh my Ghoul!! I remember this show. bwhahahahahahahahaha
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 02:50:53 AM »
I wanted a Boglin and a My Pet Monster. I have both now, only my boglin is missing his eye part. One of these days I will find eyes that will fit him as I do adore my boglin!

There was a doll I wanted, don't know why, My buddy and Kid Sister from the 80s. Don't really know why I wanted them, I never really played with these types of dolls!
Daphne

I'm not an early bird, I'm not a night owl, I'm some kind of permanently exhausted pigeon!

Offline batsap

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creeperific
  • Hooked on a feeling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 07:42:37 AM »
I always wanted a Star Trek Voyager: Captain Catherine Janeway. She was always my fav.

I love you, Zeo. ;-; Feel the Janeway love with me! She is my absolute role model in life, she is just so cool!

Offline mascarah

• Resident Banshee
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 08:45:26 AM »
More Barbies. My cousin had a ton of them, a Barbie car, a Barbie Dreamhouse, PLUS a My Size Barbie, and I just had a hand full of the cheaper Barbies.

Same goes for (Bluebird) Polly Pockets.

Specifically though, I wanted a Nano Baby pet. I got a knock off called a Dinkie Dino. Haha.

Offline lovelysmooty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fearleader
  • Wonky dolls? I gots 'em in spades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
I was a kid when the Pokemon storm of the late 90's happened. My mom really hates anything anime so she was not keen to let us have any Pokemon stuff. That was sad for me because my cousins and everyone at school had Pokemon stuff, and I felt like I couldn't be included.

On a side note, a few years ago my sister and I watched Howl's Moving Castle with my mom and I wasn't sure how she felt about it until a few months ago I came home and my mom was watching it while doing laundry :) It's anime!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:05:26 AM by lovelysmooty »

Offline TheasThings

• Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »

OMG! I got This Star Castle for my daughter & she played with it for such a long time! Loved it! (she's 21 now, lol )

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
What I want were, but never got: Jurassic Park T-Rex figure, Falconzord from the Power rangers and my most wanted was a gaming console, any. So years later I worked for 2 months and I bought one for me, a ps2. I regret nothing!

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 01:27:39 AM »
I always wanted a Star Trek Voyager: Captain Catherine Janeway. She was always my fav.

I love you, Zeo. ;-; Feel the Janeway love with me! She is my absolute role model in life, she is just so cool!

And here I thought I was alone on this one. I actually have a pic that is a rip of the WWJD bracelets. Wait let me get the pic and put it up here.

Janeway by zeowitch, on Flickr

I have to agree with you. Janeway is an awesome role model!
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 02:28:41 AM »
What I want were, but never got: Jurassic Park T-Rex figure, Falconzord from the Power rangers and my most wanted was a gaming console, any. So years later I worked for 2 months and I bought one for me, a ps2. I regret nothing!

That's my husband's.
Every time we watch Toy Hunter and he sees a Jurassic Park T-Rex he starts gasping and talking about how he always wanted one but never got it.
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline Operetta82

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 01:41:46 AM »
I know that there were things I wanted but I'm not sure what they were...I think Sailor Jupiter and a Sega Game Gear. Probably Nerf guns. Gaming systems and fake guns weren't allowed when I was a kid, yet I had a TNG Phaser and water pistols....
I remember there were those toddler looking dolls that you could color change makeup and stuff. I remember my mom not liking those because she didn't like makeup on young children.And any dolls that had the drink n wet function...
Oh! i do remember wanting a Power Wheels but I was too old for them which made me upset because the Power Wheels were for the toddler to 8yr set and then there was no car-like toy for the tween set. LOL
Live as the world is as it should be, to show it what it can be.
Want List SALES

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal