collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Russian post is a branch of hell  (Read 184 times)

Offline TheStripyCat

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Creative Kitty
  • An aspiring doll artist
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
Russian post is a branch of hell
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:15:25 AM »

I had a very stressful day today and just want to vent a bit. On Sunday I listed few things on etsy and they got some got sold within 24 hours. I was so happy and went to post office the next day. I looked the prices for postal services on the official internet site of the Russian post. In Russia there are 2 ways of paying for most postal services: cash or stamps. If you pay with cash, you pay a tax. So you pay less if you buy stamps and that was what I did. But the girl refused to send package with stamps and said it could be done only with cash payment and tax. She couldn't answer my question on why they had prices for those services on their website. So I decided to try and send from the main post office in my town. Which didn't help.
 Hot line operator confirmed I was right. After searching info on the internet I learned that people in other cities face same problems and there are some effective ways to teach post office workers how to do their job properly. So I filed an e-mail report and decided to pay with cash this time while I wait for the answer.
Today I went to post office and sent parcels. But when I heard the price I realized that something was wrong. And indeed the cheque read LAND instead of avia. I realized, I forgot to specify and the girl didn't bother to ask. She rudely said she wouldn't change anything and I went home dissapointed. Both parcels were for United States. Can you imagine how long it would take for them to sail across the ocean?!
After coming home I messaged both buyers and refunded the difference. But it still felt wrong. So I decided to take parcels back even if it ment loosing money I paid and send them again via air freight. I called my post office 25 minutes before closing and ask if I can take them back and if I should repackage them. The girl answered that the receipts could be reversed and wouldn't loose money. I ran like mad and was there in 5 minutes. The girl on the phone wasn't the same girl who processed my shipments. So I was refused once again. I had to burst into tears to persuade her to make changes. She was grumpy all the time and talked rudely to me, but did what I asked.
I came home happy but tired. Now I'm waiting for the reply on the stamps issue and I won't leave it unaddressed.

Thanks to all who read it all:) It was releasing to share all this.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
Re: Russian post is a branch of hell
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »
I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, but brava to you for standing your ground and doing what you felt was right.  I love the 4 women at my local post office.  They are friendly and helpful and I've never had a problem.  I hope you get the stamp issue resolved.

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »
I think many post offices are like that. In the previous city I lived in, I dreaded going to the PO because they were sooooo grumpy all the time. Where I live now, I've made a LOT more trips to the PO and I know who to go to for what. Holly is my favorite and Susan is the worst. The rest are just kind of okay. Kind of sad I've been there enough to know that. ^^;

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:15:08 AM »
I'm so sorry that it was so stressful!  It's not fair when workers are grumpy and rude due to who knows what circumstances. It's not YOUR fault their life is crazy. ;( Grumpy workers spread it around so don't let that linger with you too long.

Like DES said, congrats to you standing your ground and telling them you wouldn't be ok with their nonsense!

I hope you get a response soon and good luck! It does help getting to know which places are the best and who are the nicest. Makes everything much better knowing that a certain worker is who you need to deal with.

:hugs:

Offline SweetScreams

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 12:37:05 PM »
Ouch! :( I'm sorry she was so rude to you! Like TrixieStix say, just don't let it linger with you to long, there are a lot of nice people out there too :) <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »
I'm really impressed with how much trouble you're willing to go through to be fair to your buyers.  That's awesome!

Offline TheStripyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 08:03:24 AM »
Thank you all for the support!
Brightberry, I'm just doing what I think is right. It is just frustrating, when personell of a service provider doesn't know what services they provide, how much they cost or how to perform their duties. 

Offline TheStripyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »
And I finally got an official answer from the post  :dance:! It was a scanned signed letter emailed to me. It said, that the post office workers were taught how to accept the packages with stamps. Strangely, two days before this letter I was receiving a package at the post office and only 1 operator was working instead of 2. The notice said it was only for 1 day. They probably had to send one operator to regional capital to be taught. Now I need to sell something to check if all this worked  :clap: Hope, I will have no more wars at the post office  :angel:.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »
yay, victory! I'm so happy for you :woot:
I really hope your war with your post is over, and all the trouble you went trough will be for both parties' benefit.
:roch: :skel:

Offline TheStripyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • HeartbeatDolls
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 09:37:36 AM »
And it's an official win! I've been at the post office today and managed to send the parcel without any problems :) I asked if it was possible to pay with stamps and the girl answered: "It turns out, it's possible". They obviously were surprised somebody managed to change something in their work, while usually they are adamant and won't listen to your reasons. Thanks everyone, who was cheering me up here! You are the best! It's not the first time, that this forum proved to be the best place ever :)

Offline Melissa

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »
That is so awesome! Congratulations! Now go make some more fabulous clothes! :P

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 01:15:00 PM »
congrats again for going through alone for all this! you have just achieved something that in the future will make things easier not only for you, but also for others. I really respect people who don't give up on such things, but "fight" until issues are solved :thumb:

good luck with your crafts sales too!
:roch: :skel: