collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 66
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Doll Related Problems  (Read 10890 times)

Offline JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Related Problems
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »
Well I don't have to worry about the smudge in Clawdia's eyeshadow anymore because I have bigger problems.

I thought she just had a stiff right knee (like me - turns out being hit by a car has long term side effects) but flexing it carefully didn't do anything. It looked slightly different from the left knee (with the joints absolutely vertical, her feet weren't in the same position). Anyway, I was bending her legs to pose her and the plastic between the knee and the pin just sheared almost in half.

I'm writing to Mattel right now. I'm going to go back to the store as soon as possible, but I'm still angry, it's not the shop's fault and also, I know they don't have another Clawdia.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:20:01 AM by JustHereForPictures »
One Doll to rule them all, One Doll to find them,
One Doll to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Offline lalalaberries

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 05:43:29 AM »
Well I don't have to worry about the smudge in Clawdia's eyeshadow anymore because I have bigger problems.

I thought she just had a stiff right knee (like me - turns out being hit by a car has long term side effects) but flexing it carefully didn't do anything. It looked slightly different from the left knee (with the joints absolutely vertical, her feet weren't in the same position). Anyway, I was bending her legs to pose her and the plastic between the knee and the pin just sheared almost in half.

I'm writing to Mattel right now. I'm going to go back to the store as soon as possible, but I'm still angry, it's not the shop's fault and also, I know they don't have another Clawdia.

A similar thing happened to me! My sig. Spectra's knee joint waqs stiff and it snapped just below the joints :( I'll have to get a replacement body for her now :(
Follow me on
Tumblr: partsungoddess.tumblr.com
Instagram: @dollicity
DeviantArt: MonsterGuy13
Flickr: Lalalaberries

Offline Martini

• First Wave Dead Tired
  • I can dig it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »
Anyone had their Frankie's white hair tinge yellow, and is there a way to fix it?

My dolls have been packed away for a few months and when I checked on them today I found Meowlody and some of my Frankies had changed their hair colour!  :sad:

I think it's glue related, none of the affected dolls have had their hair washed. Has tea tree oil worked for anyone or is baby powder the way to go now?

Offline Niksilp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
Anyone had their Frankie's white hair tinge yellow, and is there a way to fix it?

My dolls have been packed away for a few months and when I checked on them today I found Meowlody and some of my Frankies had changed their hair colour!  :sad:

I think it's glue related, none of the affected dolls have had their hair washed. Has tea tree oil worked for anyone or is baby powder the way to go now?

Yeah, that's definitely from glue. Some people have had success with tea tree oil, others use baby powder or cornstarch along with de-greasing dish soap. It might take a few treatments to get the glue/yellow out, but I know someone has said they managed to fix a Meowlody whose hair had yellowed from glue.

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is me in all my .........errrrrrrr.....glory?
    • View Profile
    • Notrenlim Phoenix Tradition
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 12:22:35 AM »
So I had my very first real glue seepage issue. My Spectra had glue, get this, running down her neck. I cleaned it off but I speculate that I have not seen the last of it. Thankfully it is not on her hair.
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline nyukasami

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
    • My MonsterHigh Photography Instagram
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Hope this is in the right topic; I couldn't find a better one to place my problem.

I conditioned one of my doll's hair either too much or with a conditioner that was too rich for it and now it feels all "sticky". I've washed it with shower gel, shampoo and even dishwasher detergent. I was worried about ruining her hair with such experiments but fortunately her hair is still good and she didn't shed or anything and the color also didn't show any alterations.
It is more "free" after half adozen washes then at the start but still looks and feels odd.
I need help to know what I should do. I hate to have my favorite doll's hair like this! Any help is welcome. Thanks guys. x
Avatar is a photograph taken by me; you can follow my Instagram account for more MH photography

http://instagram.com/opalsanddiamonds

:roch: :frankie: :ghoul: :cat: :meow: :purr:

Offline AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
Which doll is it? And have you tried using any baby powder and dish soap?

Offline nyukasami

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »
Which doll is it? And have you tried using any baby powder and dish soap?

It's a rochelle doll, and i wrote the wrong thing; I didn't use dishwasher detergent, I used dish soap(i mix those two names easily, my english is rusty), it's the regular one to wash dishes by hand.

I haven't tried baby powder yet or combined with dish wash; do you think that would really work?
Avatar is a photograph taken by me; you can follow my Instagram account for more MH photography

Offline AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »
Rochelle has weird hair. Is it sig Rochelle? Also that's the right dish soap. It's just the baby powder soaks up the extra stuff, use a lot and then wash out with the dish soap (same stuff  you used) it should work... Though her hair might still feel a bit different than the other dolls. I washed mine several times and she's a bit 'off'  compared to the others but it definitely improved.

Offline nyukasami

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:41 PM »
Rochelle has weird hair. Is it sig Rochelle? Also that's the right dish soap. It's just the baby powder soaks up the extra stuff, use a lot and then wash out with the dish soap (same stuff  you used) it should work... Though her hair might still feel a bit different than the other dolls. I washed mine several times and she's a bit 'off'  compared to the others but it definitely improved.

Just so I don't go for dumb; by sig you mean signature doll, don't you? If so, then yes, it's the signature one. I did notice when I took her out of the box that her hair seems more "plastic-y" then other mh dolls, but it was much different from what it is at the moment.

I'll try that tomorrow morning and let it dry naturally; that will probably help too. I've blow dried her hair too many times already.

The baby powder and the dish soap won't damage the hair or the hair color, will it? Just want to be sure, here.

Offline OMGitsaLisa

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »
Just so I don't go for dumb; by sig you mean signature doll, don't you? If so, then yes, it's the signature one. I did notice when I took her out of the box that her hair seems more "plastic-y" then other mh dolls, but it was much different from what it is at the moment.

I'll try that tomorrow morning and let it dry naturally; that will probably help too. I've blow dried her hair too many times already.

The baby powder and the dish soap won't damage the hair or the hair color, will it? Just want to be sure, here.

Yeah, sig = signature. I just had to treat a sig Rochelle a few weeks ago for glue problems and lots of baby powder did the trick. Really get it down there at the roots and cover the whole thing. I also like to pack baby powder inside the head to help soak up any uncured glue still inside. Then let it sit for a little while (maybe half an hour, but that may not be necessary. I don't know.) Then wash it out with dish soap. The texture then winds up feeling slightly dryer than it probably did originally, but the color is all fine and it's a huge improvement over being soaked in glue.

Offline jillyson

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Avi from MH Scream Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »
Exactly what OMGItsLisa said, and I definitely would not blow dry the hair.

Offline nyukasami

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
Yeah, sig = signature. I just had to treat a sig Rochelle a few weeks ago for glue problems and lots of baby powder did the trick. Really get it down there at the roots and cover the whole thing. I also like to pack baby powder inside the head to help soak up any uncured glue still inside. Then let it sit for a little while (maybe half an hour, but that may not be necessary. I don't know.) Then wash it out with dish soap. The texture then winds up feeling slightly dryer than it probably did originally, but the color is all fine and it's a huge improvement over being soaked in glue.

Mine's not like this because of glue though; I washed her hair and put too much conditioner for what I really needed/left it in for too long, but since baby powder sounds like the best trick I'll try that.
Hope her hair just gets back to normal; she's my grail. And thanks guys! I'll update you tomorrow after I've tried it.

BTW does anyone have any tip for giving the doll's hair some more volume without any products or using heated tools? I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I'd like my doll to have a little more volume in her hair to look more similar to the cartoon character.

Post Merge: January 23, 2014, 09:15:41 AM

UPDATE!: The trick worked and my rochele's hair is back to normal; I think it's even better now! If you're curious you can see a photo comparison on my Instagram account(link's in my signature).
I hope my post will also help anyone that might do this mistake in the future.

Thank you all for helping!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:15:41 AM by nyukasami »

Offline NikkiBell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
This might sound weird - does anyone ever take a doll out, only to notice they have white plastic sticking out from their heads? I know it is from the packaging. It's the little plastic things that hold their heads down. Is there a way to take the ladies out without having pieces of plastic stuck in their heads? And any tips on getting them out?

Offline OMGitsaLisa

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
This might sound weird - does anyone ever take a doll out, only to notice they have white plastic sticking out from their heads? I know it is from the packaging. It's the little plastic things that hold their heads down. Is there a way to take the ladies out without having pieces of plastic stuck in their heads? And any tips on getting them out?

I have a pair of hemostats that I use for all sorts of crafty things so when I am deboxing them, I pull the plastic out with that. Sometimes it breaks because it's thoroughly glued in, but then after she's out of the package, I grip it again at the base and pull and twist a bit. It usually comes out intact, but not always. In that case, I just carefully snip it as close to the head as possible and leave it at that. But yeah, just pull them out with pliers or something.

Offline itzelery

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Monster Hunter
  • you ought to be its
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »
i got an art class draculaura yesterday and her head is wobbly!
it won't stay down and if i move her, it sways from side to side and falls back. i can't turn her head sideways too much though because it's too stiff and i don't wanna break the peg. i end up having to give her a confused puppy head for a pose lol.
what can i do to fix it?

Offline NikkiBell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »

I have a pair of hemostats that I use for all sorts of crafty things so when I am deboxing them, I pull the plastic out with that. Sometimes it breaks because it's thoroughly glued in, but then after she's out of the package, I grip it again at the base and pull and twist a bit. It usually comes out intact, but not always. In that case, I just carefully snip it as close to the head as possible and leave it at that. But yeah, just pull them out with pliers or something.

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure they will come in handy.

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 11:57:08 PM »
it won't stay down and if i move her, it sways from side to side and falls back. i can't turn her head sideways too much though because it's too stiff and i don't wanna break the peg. i end up having to give her a confused puppy head for a pose lol.
what can i do to fix it?

Contact Mattel and tell them about your wobbly Lala head. I got a twyla like that and they sent me a new one. Except my Twyla's leg is wobbly. That's not cool. We pay a fortune for these dolls, they need to not be 'broken' when we buy them new. Just complain! The Lady at Mattel that helped me was an absolute gem of a woman who was so kind and so understanding. They flew my new Twyla to me in South Afreaka (Thanks Gabriella) over night. I had it in two days.
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z

Offline itzelery

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Monster Hunter
  • you ought to be its
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »
what can i do to fix it?

Contact Mattel and tell them about your wobbly Lala head. I got a twyla like that and they sent me a new one. Except my Twyla's leg is wobbly. That's not cool. We pay a fortune for these dolls, they need to not be 'broken' when we buy them new. Just complain! The Lady at Mattel that helped me was an absolute gem of a woman who was so kind and so understanding. They flew my new Twyla to me in South Afreaka (Thanks Gabriella) over night. I had it in two days.

I'll do that! Also her head is really hard and I bet it's full of glue. I felt something gross on her neck peg when I tried to move her head. I was like "oh yeah made in china she probably doesn't have glue!" but I have a feeling she does and the heaviness adds to the instability of her wobbly head. I'm just scared they'll send me a wonky eyed one! D:

Is it best to email, chat, or call? I'm a bit nervous about making calls in general.  :yikes:

Offline Zeowitch

• The other De Nile
  • MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 05:06:48 AM »
what can i do to fix it?

I'll do that! Also her head is really hard and I bet it's full of glue. I felt something gross on her neck peg when I tried to move her head. I was like "oh yeah made in china she probably doesn't have glue!" but I have a feeling she does and the heaviness adds to the instability of her wobbly head. I'm just scared they'll send me a wonky eyed one! D:

Is it best to email, chat, or call? I'm a bit nervous about making calls in general.  :yikes:

I went onto their website and from there went through the customer care to mail them. Email works perfectly and I found them to be very efficient.
Have a Monsteriffic Day!
xxx
Z