collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: EAH thread  (Read 270365 times)

Offline cleverLC

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
Re: EAH thread
« Reply #1040 on: July 10, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
I'm glad I'm not able to see eye wonk 99% of the time  :P
Me too!  I guess if I ever sell any, I need to post nice clear pictures of their faces.

I'm still amazed that Mattel takes complaints of eye wonk seriously.  I'd be like "haha yeah, you want another doll because it's eye is looking slightly to the left! Good one!  Oh wait. seriously? Yeah no."

Ehhh, in my country the dolls are insanely expensive sometimes and so it's natural I'd only want to spend so much money for a dol that doesn't have a botched face. I would love to just be able to send wonky ones back and get a new one. But that's not how people roll here.
At my local ToysRUs they did exactly that: laugh at me when I wanted to replace my Scaris Cleo and Lagoona set. They said: "What, but aren't toys with flaws more interesting to collectors?" Err, how about no? I don't pay $50 for a doll that has her lipstick smeared and one eye looking into a different direction ;)

I may just be weird, but I don't notice that form of eye-wonk.  I do notice if one of the eyes is printed off-center, though in the case of DC Robecca I didn't notice until I had her home and out of the package!  I may repaint her eyes to look better once I've developed a steadier hand.
Want Draculaura's Sweet Screams stock.  PM me if you're interested in selling!

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Team Briar Beauty
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1041 on: July 10, 2013, 11:23:38 AM »
Maddie suddenly became in stock on the Justice website. I may have ordered one to go with the Raven doll I bought yesterday.
:drac: Looking to buy MIB Sweet Screams Draculaura :drac:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
« Reply #1042 on: July 10, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »
I got got Raven today from Faunabay! She's cute! The ginormous head is a little offputting though, but I think I can collect the sigs and legacies without much problem :D
Looking forward to the others and the boys! The boys will really determine how I feel about the line overall

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »
I'm glad I'm not able to see eye wonk 99% of the time  :P
Me too!  I guess if I ever sell any, I need to post nice clear pictures of their faces.

I'm still amazed that Mattel takes complaints of eye wonk seriously.  I'd be like "haha yeah, you want another doll because it's eye is looking slightly to the left! Good one!  Oh wait. seriously? Yeah no."

Ehhh, in my country the dolls are insanely expensive sometimes and so it's natural I'd only want to spend so much money for a dol that doesn't have a botched face. I would love to just be able to send wonky ones back and get a new one. But that's not how people roll here.
At my local ToysRUs they did exactly that: laugh at me when I wanted to replace my Scaris Cleo and Lagoona set. They said: "What, but aren't toys with flaws more interesting to collectors?" Err, how about no? I don't pay $50 for a doll that has her lipstick smeared and one eye looking into a different direction ;)

I may just be weird, but I don't notice that form of eye-wonk.  I do notice if one of the eyes is printed off-center, though in the case of DC Robecca I didn't notice until I had her home and out of the package!  I may repaint her eyes to look better once I've developed a steadier hand.

You're not weird ^^

When I started buying MH I didn't notice it either. It was until a friend of mine pointed out that one of my Draculauras was looking a bit cross-eyed when I first noticed that one of her eyes was printed nearer to the nose than the other one and then I couldn't unsee it anymore and sold her off to replace her.
The same with my Cupid. I've had her the longest and when I had a closer look at her again, I saw that one of her eyes was droopy. It wasn't printed in the center of the eye shape, so it started looking extremely weird to me.

I guess some people just suddenly develop this sort of critical eye XD
Sometimes it's so subtle that some people ask what the heck is wrong and think you're a bit too harsh on the face-up, haha. But in my Scaris two-pack case, it was very glaringly obvious. The first versions being sold here all had some problems. I saw Cleos with only half an eyebrow or Cleos with the eyebrow printed into the eye and the people at my local TRU pretended it wasn't there. They were acting a bit too oblivious ;)
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #1044 on: July 10, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
Do anybody think they could pick up a full set for me? My friend tried too look for them but it turns out none of the Justices in his town have any  at all, and we werent in time to order any from their webshop...looks like all but Maddie are gone...T_T  Its kinda urgent since the discount ends tomorrow... Only detail I care about is that they eyes shouldnt look Let's Not Go There, Please?, I know I shouldnt be picky when it comes to the paint but I cant help it.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline selfsecret

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 10, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
I didn't notice the eye wonk until I took a close look at my first Gloom Beach Clawdeen. Her eye looked like it was trying to get to her forehead. Since then I have been very particular about their faces. With EAH I've only really seen Raven with eye wonk. Even the one I purchased, her one eye is only slightly closer to her nose, than the other. At least it's not too noticeable.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 10, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
Do anybody think they could pick up a full set for me? My friend tried too look for them but it turns out none of the Justices in his town have any  at all, and we werent in time to order any from their webshop...looks like all but Maddie are gone...T_T  Its kinda urgent since the discount ends tomorrow... Only detail I care about is that they eyes shouldnt look Let's Not Go There, Please?, I know I shouldnt be picky when it comes to the paint but I cant help it.

the 40% off sale?  I honestly don't think I've ever been in Justice when everything wasn't 40% off.  As far as I can tell it's kind of a fake sale they always have.

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dancing through life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 10, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »

the 40% off sale?  I honestly don't think I've ever been in Justice when everything wasn't 40% off.  As far as I can tell it's kind of a fake sale they always have.

It ends tomorrow, actually. Whether another one will start up around then, IDK. I just know I need to get Briar tomorrow because I am NOT paying $36 or waiting FOREVER for her, and she's the only one I didn't get yet!

Offline rosierjay

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff
« Reply #1048 on: July 10, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
i wish i would have known yesterday. i went there and they had a ton of dolls. (no one in the store either.) but it's kinda long drive. so i don't think i'll make it there tonight.

Offline faunabay

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 10, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
I got got Raven today from Faunabay! She's cute! The ginormous head is a little offputting though, but I think I can collect the sigs and legacies without much problem :D
Looking forward to the others and the boys! The boys will really determine how I feel about the line overall
LOL Yeah the large, round head was kind of strange for me too.  But the longer I have them the more it's just......them.  :bateyes: I'm glad I was able to grab one for you. 

And I caved.  I feel so weak!  :blush:  .......I bought Maddie for myself today!   :P  I was going to wait but just couldn't stand it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 03:37:34 PM by faunabay »
Keep Calm and Believe in Fairies

Offline rosierjay

• Trade Count: (+49)
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff
« Reply #1050 on: July 10, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
i really dig the rounder faces.
guess it has something to do with the parents "those dolls are too sexy!" out cry.

the rounder faces do down play the sexy a lot, but ironically the bodies are much curvier. take that responsible parents XD no i kid. but it is weird. i want to customize maddie cuz she has the major curves that perfect for my short oc.

(yeah i was bad. spent over 100 dollars on the eah dolls yesterday. and only one of them may or may not go to someone else... not sure yet.)

Offline Angelkitty21

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • Mistakenolive's Wall o' Stuff on Tumblr
« Reply #1051 on: July 10, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »
the rounder faces do down play the sexy a lot, but ironically the bodies are much curvier.

You got that right. Maddie in Ghoulia's suit reminds me of Bettie Page. *Va-va-va-VOOM*
♥♡♥

Offline faunabay

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 10, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »

It ends tomorrow, actually. Whether another one will start up around then, IDK. I just know I need to get Briar tomorrow because I am NOT paying $36 or waiting FOREVER for her, and she's the only one I didn't get yet!
I just talked to someone at a Justice store and she told me the 40% sale will only be OFF for around 5 days then will start back up again.  So no worries if you can't get them before tomorrow.
Keep Calm and Believe in Fairies

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 10, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
the rounder faces do down play the sexy a lot, but ironically the bodies are much curvier. take that responsible parents XD no i kid

Hehe!
I think they put more meat on their bones for the exact same reasons they gave them such child-like faces.
Lots of people, especially parents, were and are still complaining that MH dolls are "promoting anorexia". I'm putting this in scare quotes because I think it's disgusting to use this word as an insult.
Anorexia is a big problem, but to imply that Mattel intentionally tries to get little girls to develop severe body dysphoria is unbelievable!

EAH's girls are still noticably thin, but not as lanky as the MH girls and they have more hip. Their arms and legs are also a bit thicker.

I'm surprised by this move. In my opinion they could have just made the feet normal instead of forced into 5-inch-heel mode to take away from the sexualization. But oddly enough the EAH girls still have the killer heels. Lolwhut.

Offline Zombelina

• Pastel Gothgoyle Princess
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Spooktacular
  • Scarily Ever After
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #1054 on: July 10, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
I just talked to someone at a Justice store and she told me the 40% sale will only be OFF for around 5 days then will start back up again.  So no worries if you can't get them before tomorrow.

:facepalm: That's pretty funny. So does it really count as a sale price when it's the majority-of-the-time price? :biggrin:

With EAH I've only really seen Raven with eye wonk. Even the one I purchased, her one eye is only slightly closer to her nose, than the other. At least it's not too noticeable.

I'm finding I'm noticing eye wonk more with EAH than I do with MH (at least in photos, that is, as I haven't seen any in the wild). I've been trawling around everywhere looking at owner pictures and I've seen some of each character with eyes that'd bug me, whereas with MH eyes, if I can even see the wonk, it doesn't usually bother me. I wonder if it has to do with the EAH faces being flatter... Something is just catching my eye (ha) more. It's convinced me to wait until I can choose my dolls in person rather than risk an online order.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Boy Doll Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • thatRavie
« Reply #1055 on: July 10, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
Now I need a budget version so I can experiment. >.< And a second Raven. She's freakin perfs for Ryllis Drake >.>

how much longer til SDCC? I neeed to see boys nao x.X

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 10, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
Question: is anyone planning to keep Hunter when buying the two-pack? I know we haven't seen him yet, but are some of you sure about only wanting Ashlynn? Because I sort of want him (more like his clothes, haha) and I have no use for Ash.
Is anyone interested in "breaking them up"? XD

Offline Bow Tie

• Resident Lagoona Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 10, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
Depending on how Hunter looks, I'd take Ashlynn!
-Bow Tie
:lag: :gil: In search of DotD Deuce's Rose and Glasses :deuce: :cleo:

Offline cleverLC

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »

You're not weird ^^

When I started buying MH I didn't notice it either. It was until a friend of mine pointed out that one of my Draculauras was looking a bit cross-eyed when I first noticed that one of her eyes was printed nearer to the nose than the other one and then I couldn't unsee it anymore and sold her off to replace her.
The same with my Cupid. I've had her the longest and when I had a closer look at her again, I saw that one of her eyes was droopy. It wasn't printed in the center of the eye shape, so it started looking extremely weird to me.

I guess some people just suddenly develop this sort of critical eye XD
Sometimes it's so subtle that some people ask what the heck is wrong and think you're a bit too harsh on the face-up, haha. But in my Scaris two-pack case, it was very glaringly obvious. The first versions being sold here all had some problems. I saw Cleos with only half an eyebrow or Cleos with the eyebrow printed into the eye and the people at my local TRU pretended it wasn't there. They were acting a bit too oblivious ;)

Yeah, but my Robecca's eye is REALLY bad.  As in, half of her eye is "out of bounds" level bad.  When I'm at my boyfriend's next, I'll take a photo (and I'll probably smuggle Howleen back home again with a couple outfits--I'm suffering serious doll withdrawal!)
Want Draculaura's Sweet Screams stock.  PM me if you're interested in selling!

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »
You guys are making me afraid.  I'm going to try to avoid looking any of my dolls in the eyes.  I've never noticed wonk eye on any of them.