collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: EAH thread  (Read 275754 times)

Offline embrace_imperfection

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: EAH thread
« Reply #900 on: July 07, 2013, 05:31:44 AM »
What if daring and cerise are secretly in a relationship? And that's why there are rumors of them getting a 2 pack release?

Offline faunabay

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 07, 2013, 05:34:07 AM »
I called Justice again yesterday and they're supposed to call me back when they get the dolls in.  I'm trying to limit my dollie purchases this month and trying to decide between Maddie and Raven...but may end up getting them both, depending on how they look when I see them in person.
Plus they have that 40% off sale happening right now.  That's why I went ahead and bought 2.   :biggrin:
Keep Calm and Believe in Fairies

Offline sakuralu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 07, 2013, 06:15:13 AM »
What if daring and cerise are secretly in a relationship? And that's why there are rumors of them getting a 2 pack release?

I don't think so because I can't imagine many secret couple. We've got already one with Ashlynn/Hunter, I think it's enough

but it's a interesting theory

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 07, 2013, 07:56:48 AM »
I need these dolls in my life!!!  These pictures are amazing guys, as always:).  If I didn't already want them, you all push it to super need!
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • StepFATHERS are the most wicked of them all!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 07, 2013, 07:56:58 AM »
I wonder what kind of head/face molds they'll have with the boys. The large, round faces look good with the girls, but boys.... idk. I just can't picture it.
yeah this is definitely something to ponder, from the looks of the webisodes they're faces are sort of thin, even rectangular like in the case of Daring...should be interesting!

Offline Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #905 on: July 07, 2013, 08:14:18 AM »
I saw Apples story is up on Tumblr. It reveals an interesting bit...Principal Grimm tells Apple to save Raven...this would mean that her reason to try to make Raven accept her "destiny" is not just cluelessnes or her own vanity, but that she is also trying to save Raven from some sort of non existence. This is getting a bit complex...but I love it! It gives me more reason to love Apple, if it was a normal show, Apple would be the typical high school queen we have seen a hundred times but they sure are adding depth to her, sure, she is vain and clueless, a bit of a bimbo you could say but she also shows kindness to everyone, even Raven whom is "evil", she even wanna save her. She also seem to work really hard to fill the shoes of the role she she have been given...here the story divides from the animation I think...according to the story she never took her happy ever after for granted, but in the animation it looked like she did almost take it for granted.
It sure look like there are many sides to her....I will look forward to seeing how she develops^^

Oh by the way, I know you guys arent too happy about the customs of the EAH dolls since they are still hard to get but I found some beautifull pics on tumblr:

I shiver from the beauty!
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline TrixieStix

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 07, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
Oh wow she already did Briar! I can't wait to see what she does with apple. She also shared the head molds without the factory paint. It's neat to see how full you can paint the lips. Mattel just doesn't like coloring them in all the way for some reason....

I love creativity but I do wish they'd be more distributed.....so I could get an apple too :3

Offline faunabay

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41:12 AM »
Ok so I went back to grab some of them for others here.   :cool:   And noticed something that I didn't yesterday because I was more focused on how the face and hair looked on the Raven I picked out.  But..........Raven has different color tops depending on which one you buy!!!  :blink:  The one I got has a greenish top.  The picture on the box and others I found has a purpleish top.  AND there were a few that had both.  One side was green and one side purple.  Is that how they're going to do it all the time or was this a first off "mistake"?

Post Merge: July 07, 2013, 11:47:26 AM

I just took a picture to show all three.....give me a sec to download it to photobucket and I'll post it.  Photobucket has been taking forever to download pics the last couple of days.  :annoyed:

Left one has purple top, Middle one (mine) has green, Right one has green on the left and purple on the right
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:02:59 PM by faunabay »

Offline Shy Violet

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 07, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
Wow, I love the thicker lips on Briar

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 07, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »
Ok so I went back to grab some of them for others here.   :cool:   And noticed something that I didn't yesterday because I was more focused on how the face and hair looked on the Raven I picked out.  But..........Raven has different color tops depending on which one you buy!!!  :blink:  The one I got has a greenish top.  The picture on the box and others I found has a purpleish top.  AND there were a few that had both.  One side was green and one side purple.  Is that how they're going to do it all the time or was this a first off "mistake"?

I just took a picture to show all three.....give me a sec to download it to photobucket and I'll post it.  Photobucket has been taking forever to download pics the last couple of days.  :annoyed:

Left one has purple top, Middle one (mine) has green, Right one has green on the left and purple on the right

Does it change based on how they are turned to light?  I know some fabrics have a "grain" similar to wood (not sure what the fabric term is) so you have to be careful when matching them up.

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
    • Mistakenolive's Wall o' Stuff on Tumblr
« Reply #910 on: July 07, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
I'm also confused by how many people didn't immediately recognize him as the boy at the dyke. I knew him right off. Mind, I also just enjoy the word dyke, and it's a story I've always known rather well/recognize when parodied.

...when referring to structures in Holland used to keep water out, it's spelled "dike". He would be in considerably more trouble if he put his finger in the other kind. XD

I know what you mean though about others not hearing about it. Then again, I have a habit of knowing things others have never heard of *knows of at least two people who didn't know of Dante's Inferno*

Im not trying to sound angry or like im bragging but All I do is collect MIB. That doesn't make me a scalper. And I'm only buying apple and briar as an investment. So shoot me! Personally, I say it's your money you can do whatever you want with it!

I think you misunderstand me, I'm talking about getting an extra for the express purpose of selling later, literally as an investment. Of course MIB collecting isn't scalping X3 I'm sorry if I made that impression, and no offense is meant (or taken). And by "sell later", I mean at least a year or two, if I need to, because life happens. I'm mainly tempted because I've never been in on something from the beginning, and it'd be nice to be ahead for once.
And it definitely wouldn't be more than one extra set because A) REALLY can't afford that much on my doll budget and B) that would be unfair to collectors (of all ages) in my area..

Thanks for the input guys!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:37:42 PM by Angelkitty21 »
♥♡♥

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #911 on: July 07, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
Guess what I got today?? I went on a 2-hour journey to get them. I called all the Justices in Northwest Florida, and they weren't here. I called Southern Alabama and voila! They are drying off from a spa session now. I can't believe how amazing they are!!!

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 07, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
Congrats, Raye!  :)

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline Sakuya

• MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #913 on: July 07, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
The artist of the repainted briar just posted a video on how she did it.

http://youtu.be/v-WFlo5f230

I am in awe.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline faunabay

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 07, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »
Guess what I got today?? I went on a 2-hour journey to get them. I called all the Justices in Northwest Florida, and they weren't here. I called Southern Alabama and voila! They are drying off from a spa session now. I can't believe how amazing they are!!!
YAY!!  You found them too!  Did you get all 4 then?  What color top does Raven have?

Offline Neurotoxinx

• Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 07, 2013, 04:20:43 PM »
I like how they made Raven's headcollar thing 'antiqued', it really makes it so you can see all of the details in it. I antiqued it to a lot of my MH things on my own, just to bring out the details. (It looks really nice on things like Rochelle's purse and shoes, to bring out the stone texture.) It's nice to see they're starting to do it in the factory!

Offline picklepud

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 07, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »

Congrats, so glad you and Lori got them. xxxxxxxxxx

Offline faunabay

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 07, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »

Does it change based on how they are turned to light?  I know some fabrics have a "grain" similar to wood (not sure what the fabric term is) so you have to be careful when matching them up.
No they don't change.  I kind of wondered about that too.  But nope.  One is purple and one is green.  They are exactly the same fabric just different colors.  Because that one on the right is very distinctly half one and half the other.

Post Merge: July 07, 2013, 04:34:17 PM

No wait!  I just took another extremely close look in the sunlight and it is the same fabric.  It's just how they cut it then.  Because you have to look very closely to figure out it's not different fabric. 
Oh I just don't know now.  I took a look at the one that's half one and half the other and I can see both colors.  But mine which looks very distinctly green almost has no purple at all.  Very strange.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:36:41 PM by faunabay »

Offline rayedelsol

• EAH Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • MIB Collector
    • View Profile
    • rayedelsol.com
« Reply #918 on: July 07, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
Congrats, so glad you and Lori got them. xxxxxxxxxx
New dolls and a new friend. It was an awesome day!

My Raven has a more purple-looking top. All of the Apple dolls had a sad look on their faces.
I just had to get all four of them.

All 4 Girls by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline faunabay

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 07, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »
They're beautiful raye!!  I really do want Maddie eventually too but Briar doesn't do much for me for some reason. (shrug)