collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4] 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Ghoul Talk, a Monster High collectors podcast-Episode 36: Honey Swamp 7-10-15  (Read 73083 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
This episode was so funny. I just listened to it now. Oh and, Michelle, I can wiggle my right pinky toe, but not my left. lmao

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
James Joyce's preferred writing style makes my head hurt. Stream of consciousness is just very, very frustrating to read.... for me anyways.  ^^;

For lots of people. We did nothing but Finnegan's wake for one week in class and we only got through... well, not very much. The reason I picked that sentence was because our teacher explained that the long word was "thunder" in several different languages.

It causes headaches, but the weird thing is, if you read through some passages with a red pen and circle some stuff and take a stab at it, after a while it ... it doesn't exactly make sense, but it's kinda like listening to a little kid talk. Like right here The oaks of ald now they lie in peat yet elms leap where askes lay. Sounds like a little kid trying to explain that some old oak tree acorns are lying in peat (soil good for growin' stuff) and that elm trees are growing out of ashes. Still, I wanna ask "ok, so why are you telling me about trees, J.J?; is this relevant to the plot?" And that troll J.J would say "of course" because he'd turn it into a word pun where "plot" means like a plot of land and at you know you just can't talk to that guy; everything's a language joke when he's in that mood.

We are always up for guests, especially if you want to talk about your favorite characters!!

However... We do record the episodes in (approximately) the order the dolls are released. Since Ryder/Finnegan hasn't gotten a doll yet, plus we had tons of new characters introduced to the line recently, it might be a bit of a wait! But I'll make sure Topher gets in contact with you to guest with us for Ryder/Finnegan's episode (hopefully by then he has a set name). Even if it's 2019 and you're like "Huhhhhhhhhhh?! Podcasts are still a thing?!"

Oh man! Thank you so much! I hope I can still do it when he comes out. Thanks for wanting to pass the word along; means a lot to me. Darnit, future me, you better be in a good place and able to answer the call if the time comes! (I say this 'cause mental health issues have recently been coming back and wrecking stuff for me, but I suspect I'll have a better handle on them by the time my dear Ryder makes his entrance.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • <3
    • View Profile
You'll really enjoy it if you do decide to join in on that episode. I always have a blast when I do it. :)

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • I threw it on the ground
    • View Profile
This episode was so funny. I just listened to it now. Oh and, Michelle, I can wiggle my right pinky toe, but not my left. lmao
Awwwww yeah!!  Must be a MA thing!!
Avatar drawn by Qba016 on DeviantArt

Amazing Thranduil/Jinafire siggy made by the incredible ebmerc

Offline Ghoul Talk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Ghoul Talk
Episode 34: Wydowna Spider

Offline Marisol Coxi

• MIB Signature Toralei
  • This is my personal text
    • View Profile
Wydowna is just gorgeous...
Also welcome Nassib! (Not sure if this is the right expression)
marisolcoxi on tumblr!!

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
Thank you Marisol!

Also, sorry in advance! I was so nervous that I completely forgot to mention that Wydowna has spider and black super awesome fangs!
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • <3
    • View Profile
I'm team Melissa and Jimena.  :P

My favorite Wydowna is the SDCC version. For the secret question, I would choose to multi-task, because I could get a lot more done, especially with those extra eyes, too.

So glad to hear you joined the crew, nassib!  ^.^

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
I'm team Melissa and Jimena.  :P
Woo hoo!

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile

Offline ebmerc

• Champion of Love and Justice
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
My favorite is I <3 Fashion ( best line ever! ) and for the secret question I'd want to be able to make my own clothes! *__* So many outfits to wear!

Offline michelle53

• Mistress of Fakies
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
You guys might be awesome, but are you Lee Pace with Jinafire awesome?!?!  Eye brows ahoy!  Ebmerc is the absolute best.

Offline Ghoul Talk

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Ghoul Talk
Episode 34: Catty Noir

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Yay! Great episode!  I liked hearing about your superstitions.  I don't have many but I guess the one that stands out is karma.  I have no explanation why, but I get nervous whenever someone does or says something bad about someone else because of karma... even if the slighted person will never know about it. 

I had to find my Catty for this.   I guess you can call her my favorite.  I love the colors in her hair, magenta and pink.   I also like that it's long, silky and uncomplicated.  Her outfit is simple yet pretty too.  She's also great at standing without a stand.  I can just plop her anywhere without much worry of a face-plant.  For some reason, that matters to me when it comes to dolls.  :P

Catty Noir

I bought my niece signature for her birthday and that doll is so well loved, she's worn all the other mh clothes and barbies. 

I can't wait for the next episode!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:41:54 PM by brightberry »

Offline Melissa

• Gore-geous
    • View Profile
Yay! Great episode!  I liked hearing about your superstitions.  I don't have many but I guess the one that stands out is karma.  I have no explanation why, but I get nervous whenever someone does or says something bad about someone else because of karma... even if the slighted person will never know about it.
Probably not a surprise since I'm apparently the most superstitious of us all but I am totally with you, I definitely believe in karma. One of my pet peeves is when people say karma is good or bad. Karma just multiplies what YOU do so if you do mean things it will come back to you. That's not karma being bad, it's you being bad.

Offline NoodleMore

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I discovered that I can listen to Ghoul Talk at the same time that I'm taking pictures of my dolls. I know, duh!  I'm a bit technology challenged.  ;) 

I am kind of hopscotching around, listening to them in backwards order, but really enjoying the episodes.  My photo shoots have never been more fun!

Keep up the good work!

Offline Melissa

• Gore-geous
    • View Profile
I am kind of hopscotching around, listening to them in backwards order, but really enjoying the episodes.  My photo shoots have never been more fun!
Don't judge us too much for the earlier episodes, they were a bit rougher than they are now, lol.

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • <3
    • View Profile
Nice episode guys!

My favorite Catty is signature. She's just so glam and PINK, and I love it!

I have some superstitions. Definitely the "knock on wood" thing and not saying your wish at 11:11 or after blowing out birthday candles. Black cats are good luck charms in my family, and one actually walked across my point of view in the woods behind us, as my husband and I were saying our wedding vows. I have to hold onto the necklace and my dog's old dog collar that hang around my rearview mirror in my car when a certain song plays on my playlist when I'm driving, or I start panicking. There's probably more, but I just can't think of them right now. lol

I definitely believe in karma, too.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
My boyfriend reminded me a couple of frequent superstitions very common here in my country.
A small portion of red thread in the forehead (paste with water or saliva) cures hiccups
A clear plastic bag filled with water hanging from the ceiling (or who knows from where or how) scares flies.
You'll get a pimple if you happen to see a dog while it poops
If you drop a fork, you'll have visits
If your elbow (or the palm of your hand depending on the source) itches you mustn't scratch it becuause it means money is comminmg (but it won't if you scratch it)
You are not to cut a baby’s fingernails before their first birthday, or child will have impaired eyesight.
Go outside of your house with your luggages on New Year’s and you will travel during the year.
If your ear is buzzing, oooh, somebody is talking smack about you. But if you give it a little pinch, that person will bite his/her tongue.
Owls outside a house are witches. You are suppose to either pray or insult it with bad words so it paralizes, falls, turns back to human form and take off without doing harm.
If someone admires a baby, they must touch the kid's forehead or they will give them evil eye (which is that the baby gets sick and cries a lot) and it can only be removed by sweeping the kid with a raw egg and then pouring it in a glass of water. I think it was to be left sitting there for time (hours? days?) and then thrown away in another ritualistic form that I really don't remember.
Oh another one that I actually do practice with my sister and totally forgot (because it's only once a year). You have to wear red (for love), yellow (for money) or green (for health) underwear on new years eve to ensure any of them on the next year, but it must have been a gift. So every year I ask my sister what she needs more and search for whatever color of underwear to give it to her along with her christmas presents and viceversa. That one is actually funny but she was the one that suggested we started that tradition. Next year we are both definitely getting green.  :haha:

There are plenty more superstitions (a lot of them religion related).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:58:12 PM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • <3
    • View Profile
That's so interesting Jimena! Some of those sound wicked weird to me! :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal