collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Ghoul Talk, a Monster High collectors podcast-Episode 36: Honey Swamp 7-10-15  (Read 64874 times)

Offline Ghoul Talk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Ghoul Talk
Episode 4 is LIVE!

We were gone for a short holiday hiatus, but we're back!

Episode 4 Lagoona Blue

http://www.buzzsprout.com/admin/episodes/135228-ghoul-talk-episode-4-lagoona-blue

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:31:26 AM by Ghoul Talk »

Offline Zapper

• Sheep in Werewolf's clothing
  • Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Monsterista
  • Secretary of Nagriculture
    • View Profile
Yay, you're back! I enjoy this podcast so much~
I can't tell you why, but Hefty's "Lagoona is a gillman!" really cracked me up. In general, Hefty's laugh is contagious. Listening to you guys just makes me want to meet you IRL, have a few drinks with you and talk geeky things for hours.

I'm actually not a fan of calling an athletic girl a "tomboy". For me a "tomboy" is a girl who rejects femininity and values boys over girls when it comes to friendships. Lagoona clearly doesn't.
She has an interest in watersports and competition, I don't see why that should keep her from wearing a dress and to be fair, all the Roller Maze dolls had high heel rollerblades - normal sports wear seems nonexistant in MH. I mean, Clawdeen plays soccer in killer heels and all the Fearleaders wear them, too *g*

I'm probably the only person to dislike Abbey/Heath. I just can't see her with a guy who constantly oggles other girls and immediatly ignores her when the next best opportunity arises (Jinafire).
I hear Heath is much sweeter in his Home Ick diary, but animated Heath is such a pain to watch sometimes. I know it's funny to have a fire monster be "in heat" all the time and an ice monster to cool him off, but somehow all I feel is pity for Abbey X)
A pretty recent canon couple is Scarah/Invisibilly. They seem to be the embodiment of "cute" and I like them!
FOR TRADE! (Sig Toralei, Frostina Sprinkles, Bratzillaz Vampelina)

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
Re: Ghoul Talk, a Monster High collectors podcast - Ep. 1 just out 10/13/13!
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
I can't believe I haven't commented in this thread yet!  Thanks to everyone who said such nice things, it's awesome that you guys are liking the podcast!  It's so much fun to do, and knowing that people are actually listening makes it especially rewarding.

Listened to Ep0 and Ep1 yesterday and laughed out loud a few times. Especially at Hefty's comments and the Dear Abbey segment :)
Can't wait for the next episode(s)!

PS: Aery's got a sexy voice! :cool:

Zapper, you're makin' me blush.   :inlove:

Yay, you're back! I enjoy this podcast so much~
I can't tell you why, but Hefty's "Lagoona is a gillman!" really cracked me up. In general, Hefty's laugh is contagious. Listening to you guys just makes me want to meet you IRL, have a few drinks with you and talk geeky things for hours.

:tackleglomp:

I'm actually not a fan of calling an athletic girl a "tomboy". For me a "tomboy" is a girl who rejects femininity and values boys over girls when it comes to friendships. Lagoona clearly doesn't.
She has an interest in watersports and competition, I don't see why that should keep her from wearing a dress and to be fair, all the Roller Maze dolls had high heel rollerblades - normal sports wear seems nonexistant in MH. I mean, Clawdeen plays soccer in killer heels and all the Fearleaders wear them, too *g*

"Sporty" is probably a better word for Lagoona.  Though I don't think tomboy is necessarily inaccurate, since she does exhibit some characteristics/behaviors considered typical of male gender roles, namely her competitiveness and athleticism, but  I'd also say she's one of the characters who seems to care the least about fashion and frippery.  She doesn't reject femininity wholeheartedly, but maybe part-heartedly. XD

I'm probably the only person to dislike Abbey/Heath. I just can't see her with a guy who constantly oggles other girls and immediatly ignores her when the next best opportunity arises (Jinafire).
I hear Heath is much sweeter in his Home Ick diary, but animated Heath is such a pain to watch sometimes. I know it's funny to have a fire monster be "in heat" all the time and an ice monster to cool him off, but somehow all I feel is pity for Abbey X)

I'm not a fan of Heath in the webisodes either, he's just that annoying "comic relief" boy trope with much less depth than, like, every other MH character.  It feels forced to have those two as a couple; I just can't see a character like Abbey ever actually falling for a character like Heath, it just doesn't seem like a fit to me... 

I haven't kept up with the webisodes though, so maybe I've missed a lot of character development.  Now I want to find a scan online of Heath's diary, too.

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Listened to Ep0 and Ep1 yesterday and laughed out loud a few times. Especially at Hefty's comments and the Dear Abbey segment :)
Can't wait for the next episode(s)!

PS: Aery's got a sexy voice! :cool:

Zapper, you're makin' me blush.   :inlove:

It's just the truth! Next time say "I love to go doll shopping for Zapper" in a seductive tone, that would please me  :shifty:

I'm not a fan of Heath in the webisodes either, he's just that annoying "comic relief" boy trope with much less depth than, like, every other MH character.  It feels forced to have those two as a couple; I just can't see a character like Abbey ever actually falling for a character like Heath, it just doesn't seem like a fit to me... 

I haven't kept up with the webisodes though, so maybe I've missed a lot of character development.  Now I want to find a scan online of Heath's diary, too.

Ah, so I'm not alone. I only ever saw Heath love on here, but that might just be because of Nyan *laughs*
I think it's kinda stupid that even though MH manages to make such diverse female character types, they shy away from making one funny/slapsticky. They have to use guys for that. EAH has a better range of characters in that regard. They have Maddie, Lizzie, even to some extent Cedar and Briar, who are really funny in different ways.

I found the diaries

I think the diary makes Heath more endearing but he still has a massive ego and is unable to read Abbey. Sorry, Heath/Abbey fans, but my fingers are crossed that this will never be official XD

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
The new line of books (The Ghoulfriend books) are great. Aim for younger public, but less shallow-mind, plus the school is no longer fill with normies having monsters to hide their monstery awesome qualities

Great review on Clawdia!

I like all the information you guys brought about Lagoona (i had forgotten most of the info related to her relatives)

awww! you guys mention me! thank you! xoxoxo to you!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:02:23 AM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Cleo & Deuce 2-Pack
  • <3
    • View Profile
Yayyyyy! New Ghoul Talk! Off to listen now!  :biggrin:

Nope. Not my tattoo, guys! XD I have pony tattoos, not any MH ones (yet anyways) LOL

You're thinking of MonsterHighChecklist's tattoo:
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,555.0.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:14:35 PM by dxgirly »

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
awww! you guys mention me! thank you! xoxoxo to you!

^_^  (I hope I pronounced your name right!)

Ah!  Thank you!  We'll add that to the show notes. :)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • StepFATHERS are the most wicked of them all!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Nope. Not my tattoo, guys! XD I have pony tattoos, not any MH ones (yet anyways) LOL

Thanks for clearing that up for us! Like Aery alluded, we added it to our show notes
XD

So glad you guys and ghouls are still  tuning in and listening! we're having loads of fun making it too!
Thanks everyone for all your comments and coorections, we TRULY appreciate them ALL!!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:55:15 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • <3
    • View Profile
I absolutely LOVE listening to them. I always learn so much!  :)

Hey! I'm Nikki! <3 Check Out My Youtube Toy Channel, My BJD Channel and My Gaming Channel 

Offline VenusMcFlytrap

• Two Left Hands
  • Fitting in is so out
    • View Profile
    • Ivi Adamou Sweden
Actually you can see Neptuna in one of the new episodes :)

And the episodes with Gil you talked about is Fear the Book & Desperate Hours :)

I don't agree on everything you said but I liked it anyways :)
Nice job :)

I love Lagoona, I could talk about her for hours lol xD
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:16:09 AM by VenusMcFlytrap »
:gil: :lag:

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
Actually you can see Neptuna in one of the new episodes :)

And the episodes with Gil you talked about is Fear the Book & Desperate Hours :)

I don't agree on everything you said but I liked it anyways :)
Nice job :)

I love Lagoona, I could talk about her for hours lol xD

Thank you so much for all those corrections~!!!!! :D   I've added the info to the show notes with a special thanks to you!

Glad you enjoyed the episode even if you didn't agree with us on everything! XD

Offline Ghoul Talk

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Ghoul Talk
Episode 5 is up and ready for listening, all about everyones favorite Manster: Deuce Gorgon!!!

http://www.buzzsprout.com/16848/138138-ghoul-talk-episode-5-deuce-gorgon 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:05:37 PM by Ghoul Talk »

Offline OMGitsaLisa

• View Profile
Eek! I let myself get two episodes behind. When things calm down soon, I'll be catching back up.

Offline nassib

• Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
About Medusa's Myth, some versions had her already pregnant when Perseus beheaded her. So Pegasus and Chrysaor where born once she died.

Also, she is the only one of the gorgons that was born human, but tranfigured by Athena's rage as the impregnating was done (consensual or not) in one of Athena's temples when Medusa was a priest or maiden dedicated to Athena's temple. Other versions have her showing off her beauty and alledging she was more beautiful than the goddess of the temple and was transfigured in rage-jealousy.

In rpg games i think i once read a book that they were amazon like. In like taking human couples to breed and only keeping the daughters, but will have to get back to you guys on that as i don't have the book and will need to research first

Also, i've always picture Deuce being born of an egg ^^U

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:49:19 AM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
Also, i've always picture Deuce being born of an egg ^^U
I never thought about it before we recorded the episode, but I like that idea!

Offline dxgirly

• Pullip Junkie
  • <3
    • View Profile
I'm thinking that Deuce's marking are meant to be scales, because as you guys mentioned, they weren't doing body sculpting with the initial dolls. I loved all of the Greek Mythology in this episode; I find that so interesting.

I think I would turn Invisibilly to stone, so maybe he could be with Rochelle? (I love them as a couple) oh and I totally typed this before Melissa answered when I was listening. haha. Great minds think alike!

In real life I'd probably turn my in-laws to stone. blahhhh.  :P

Not a fan of I <3 Shoes Lala's gloves, personally. I didn't even realize she had them until I deboxed her, and then I was kinda disappointed. I kept them like that, though because I like to have a stock version of every character.

Great episode again guys!

ps- If you ever decide to expand to an EAH news segment, I'd totally be up for it!  ;)

Offline Zapper

• Monster High Arena
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
I think I would turn Invisibilly to stone, so maybe he could be with Rochelle?

Aww, harsh!
Poor Cleo and Garrott. Won't anybody think of Garrott? People keep on pairing up Rochelle with random guys when she has the sweetest garboyle back home :P

I'm gay but I'm not that gay
Hefty, you are the cutest.
I really like I<3Shoes Lala's gloved hands as well. She looks so sophisticated in them.

Again a very entertaining podcast! Loved it :)

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
I find it funny you mention Stheno because the back of Vipirines box says that she's the daughter of Stheno! Thus making her and Duece cousins.

And if memory serves correctly, Crysador was often depicted as a golden giant.
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline Melissa

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Gore-geous
  • Rochelle & Maddie fanatic!
    • View Profile
I find it funny you mention Stheno because the back of Vipirines box says that she's the daughter of Stheno! Thus making her and Duece cousins.

And if memory serves correctly, Crysador was often depicted as a golden giant.
Cleo, I had intended to mention Viperine, but I tend to get in trouble bringing up other characters in character-centric podcasts, lol!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
Cleo, I had intended to mention Viperine, but I tend to get in trouble bringing up other characters in character-centric podcasts, lol!
Yep! Aery and I beat Melissa when she gets off topic, then she's forced to spend an hour in the stocks per character diversion ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:12:07 AM by heftysmurf76 »