collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 65
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

March 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: MH merch crossovers  (Read 1011 times)

Offline lilyflower332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
MH merch crossovers
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:42:22 PM »
Anyone have any crossover type stuff that they'd wished got made while MH was at it's heyday? Personally, i have 3:
-I think a MH deal with a some sort of alt fashion shoe company would have been excellent, there are so many cool shoe and heel designs that i KNOW some of my alt friends would have LOVED irl back in the day (not to mention making cosplay easier) Some adult shirt designs at hot topic or similar would have been great too, I dont recall EVER seeing adult sized MH clothes like i do with Barbie.
-I think branded fashion packs like we have now with barbie could have been super cute with monster high if they chose the right brands. I'm picturing Draculaura and Elissabat as My Melody and Kuromi, or maybe graphic tees of classic Universal monsters. I know MH was more high fashion than casual clothes, but what casual outfits were made were always amazing, like that Ghoulia fashion pack with Deadfast.
- I would have really liked to see more of that anime that aired online-only in japan, an english dub, or even those anime figures reaching actual production, maybe some more episodes...

Offline Wynnegen

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
Re: MH merch crossovers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 08:51:56 PM »
I think MH merch is actually pretty likely now that the brand is being aimed squarely at collectors. Maybe we'll get some redesigned art that can easily be printed on bags, T-shirts and such, all aimed at adults.

Offline lilyflower332

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 10:49:10 PM »
I would hope so. Seems like an appropriate merch line for Hot Topic, gothy and alt but also a bit retro and even hipster-y.
Some replica styled merch would also be lovely, like Draculaura's umbrella or maybe some earring or necklace designs, i'm sure thats easier than shoe replicas haha

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »
I'm definitely into the idea of a replica of Draculaura's umbrella. With it's general gothic design, it could appeal to a lot of people, not just Monster High enthusiasts.

Also, building on the idea of branded fashion packs, I wonder if Mattel could have made some featuring the clothes worn by the monsters in the original horror movies. After all, they are what inspired Monster High in the first place. I would have loved to dress Frankie up in an outfit that the OG Frankenstein wore in the movie.

Offline lilyflower332

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 09:02:54 PM »
I'm definitely into the idea of a replica of Draculaura's umbrella. With it's general gothic design, it could appeal to a lot of people, not just Monster High enthusiasts.

Also, building on the idea of branded fashion packs, I wonder if Mattel could have made some featuring the clothes worn by the monsters in the original horror movies. After all, they are what inspired Monster High in the first place. I would have loved to dress Frankie up in an outfit that the OG Frankenstein wore in the movie.

I mean, classic outfits isnt a bad idea per se, but they would hardly be high fashion...The Gill-man doesnt even wear anything, haha!

Offline respositob

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 06:41:14 AM »

I mean, classic outfits isnt a bad idea per se, but they would hardly be high fashion...The Gill-man doesnt even wear anything, haha!

True, but I guess the whole point would be that it wouldn't be high fashion. Just true to the original. I guess what I was really thinking of was the big Count Dracula cape with the vampire collar for Draculaura. That'd be amazing.

And I totally forgot that the Gill-man doesn't wear anything! Guess there wouldn't be a fashion pack for Lagoona LOL. 

Offline Wynnegen

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 09:44:25 PM »
Why not a scaly bodysuit for Lagoona? It's just "inspired" after all.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 01:08:35 PM »
I don't know what sort of company would have to do such kind of collab, but I would love to have fabrics with typical MH prints in both doll and human scale.

I don't mean the skullette or portraits of characters, I mean prints you can see on the dolls, like Cleo's bandages, Lagoona's scales, Twyla's spiders and cobwebs... I'd looove love love to have these fabrics so that I could make my dolls new outfits featuring their iconic patterns, and maybe something for myself, like a bag or a headband...

Not possible, but I like to dream like that...

Offline PinkieVoltage

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Scary Cute
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »
I don't know what sort of company would have to do such kind of collab, but I would love to have fabrics with typical MH prints in both doll and human scale.

I don't mean the skullette or portraits of characters, I mean prints you can see on the dolls, like Cleo's bandages, Lagoona's scales, Twyla's spiders and cobwebs... I'd looove love love to have these fabrics so that I could make my dolls new outfits featuring their iconic patterns, and maybe something for myself, like a bag or a headband...

I've been absolutely obsessed with the stuff on Spoonflower lately and did a quick search that you might be excited about..... Here

...be warned there are also a lot of weed related prints in there, lol.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:30:17 PM by PinkieVoltage »

Offline respositob

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 07:05:20 PM »

Character themed fabric would be so much fun to make my doll beds with! Fantastic idea!

Post Merge: November 30, 2020, 07:10:39 PM

I've been absolutely obsessed with the stuff on Spoonflower lately and did a quick search that you might be excited about..... Here

Thank you so much for sharing! I had a lot of fun looking at these. They're amazing!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:10:39 PM by respositob »

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 08:55:28 PM »
Oh wow, I would love some of those

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »

Oooh, thank you!  :wow:

Offline lilyflower332

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 08:06:26 PM »
oh, those are wonderful! i've been wondering how i would tackle cosplaying my favorite girls without basically buying a halloween costume or painting every pattern. Although i am probably petite enough to fit a child's costume, it's the quality that makes me hesistate.

Offline ponycatmeow

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »
I just want Monster High *anything* at this point  :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal