collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

September 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Monster High 2021  (Read 1325 times)

Offline lorifina

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Monster High 2021
« on: August 20, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEISLTaKXx7/ Someone posted this new monster high doll on reddit. Saying that new dolls will be released for 2021. Do you guys believe this? Because I don't.

Post Merge: August 20, 2020, 05:28:38 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEIXZucK27q/ Another leaked image.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:28:38 PM by lorifina »

Offline smileshy22

• MIB Signature Lagoona
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 09:59:11 PM »
It looks decent, but I doubt another reboot is coming.

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 07:08:17 PM »
Oh it's the doll in the collector's thread.

It looks way to plain to be a new MH doll I think. Especially if it's supposed to be a "human Frankie" like it's rumoured, I don't know why they would take out the "Monster" in Monster High.

Offline RevengeSeeker

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 02:48:04 AM »
Confirmed fake as as a joke by the original poster on Reddit.

Offline Manster Guy

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 05:28:26 AM »
Yup, I read that too. Not that it looked legit in the first place, I hope they try harder next time,  :snore: :snore:
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 11:38:26 AM »
After all the fake leaks, I was skeptic about this one too - and I immediately recognised the doll as a fakie when I saw the picture. I think I've even seen this doll sold somewhere already. I know I'm a very old-fashioned girl, but why do people think it's good to trick others like this? I really don't see the point or appeal...
:roch: :skel:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 03:15:05 PM »
Sadly I don't think MH is going to come back until the kids that grew up with it are the demographic currently raising kids when it will be a nostalgia brand like MOTU. But hey at least there's lots of great new stuff out there.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline taffeta

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 01:47:57 AM »
The timing is wrong anyway. The big toy fairs are in the winter :)
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 05:26:22 AM »
Sadly I don't think MH is going to come back until the kids that grew up with it are the demographic currently raising kids when it will be a nostalgia brand like MOTU. But hey at least there's lots of great new stuff out there.

I think you are totally right about that.  So we've got another 5-10 years to wait, then?    :eesh:

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 10:26:51 PM »

I think you are totally right about that.  So we've got another 5-10 years to wait, then?    :eesh:

The nostalgia is already starting to set in now. I've seen an uptick in people posting art and comments of Monster High and wishing the line was still around. It wouldn't surprise me if in 3-5 years we get another reboot

Say what you want about the line, but MGAE and specifically the LOL OMG line has revitalised the fashion doll industry after a slump and with the success of Rainbow High, articulated high quality fashion dolls are starting to come back into vogue again. Combine that with the nostalgia cycle and we might get a reboot sooner than aniticapted

But I don't think now is the time

Offline RevengeSeeker

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 11:05:42 AM »

The nostalgia is already starting to set in now. I've seen an uptick in people posting art and comments of Monster High and wishing the line was still around. It wouldn't surprise me if in 3-5 years we get another reboot

Say what you want about the line, but MGAE and specifically the LOL OMG line has revitalised the fashion doll industry after a slump and with the success of Rainbow High, articulated high quality fashion dolls are starting to come back into vogue again. Combine that with the nostalgia cycle and we might get a reboot sooner than aniticapted

But I don't think now is the time

Mattel won’t reboot Monster High anytime soon.

They are aware that if the reboot is to happen, it needs to be right, quality wise, and Mattel is not in the best place right now to do so.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal