collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Barbie bed for EAH?  (Read 207 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
Barbie bed for EAH?
« on: June 21, 2020, 05:57:09 AM »
Iíve restarted collecting Ever After High dolls recently and am considering building out dorm rooms for some of the characters. Figuring that Barbie and EAH are about the same size and thereís probably been tons of Barbie furniture produced over the years, is there anywhere I can find an archive of Barbie furniture pieces?
Anyone have suggestions for beds that match the color schemes of EAH characters? Iíd also be interested in pieces like wardrobes or dressers.
I would start with Apple, Raven and Maddie but if anyone knows of any pieces that would match any of the other characters Iíd love to hear suggestions.

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
Re: Barbie bed for EAH?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 11:46:08 AM »
I build EAH and MH rooms, too! It's so much fun, you're going to love it!

I actually made the beds for the dorm rooms myself. I was inspired by a YouTuber called Dolls, Toys, and Games Gal. She has tons of videos, so if you're interested in building your own beds, I suggest checking her out as she walks you through all of the steps. It's actually not that hard. All you need is a smooth foam block or two, hot glue, fabric and trims, some wood pieces, and an imagination!

As far as Barbie furniture, I'm not sure if there's any websites that lists every piece ever made (I searched for one while I was trying to identify my childhood Barbie playsets). I can't think of any specific Barbie pieces off the top of my head that would match, but since a lot of her furniture is pink, you might find something that goes really well with Briar or Cupid. I know that in the late 2000s-early 2010s, Barbie had a line of "Glam" playsets that were basically all hot pink. I'm sure there's something suitable included in one of them.

Maybe you could also use Disney Princess furniture? I found this vanity on Amazon that I think would be perfect for Cupid. Knock-off doll companies are also a great source of furniture. Brands like My Fancy Life and Gloria offer a lot of sets that remind me of EAH. You can find them on websites like Amazon and eBay.

One thing I like to do is use actual EAH furniture pieces. Raven's vanity and Apple's fainting couch were practically made for their dorm rooms. And you could use items from the Hat-Tastic playset for Maddie. I actually used the Back to School Room to Study playset with Apple for her room. And don't forget about the shelving units that came with the Getting Fairest doll!

Oh, I almost forgot! If you see a piece of Barbie furniture you like, but isn't the right color scheme, you could always repaint it. There's lots of tutorials online on how to paint plastic.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:45:24 PM by respositob »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
Re: Barbie bed for EAH?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 09:59:54 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, respositob.
Iím hoping to not have to diy the beds.  ^^;
That vanity does look very suiting for Cupid! I definitely plan to use what EAH furniture is already made, but will need to supplement to get complete rooms, particularly for the beds. I think Briar is the only one with a bed, in the Thronecoming playset.
Iíve seen a couple possible candidates on eBay. Repainting might actually be my best choice for matching the character colors though. Iíll look into those other brands you suggested!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal