collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

April 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Sirena Von Boo Body Switch  (Read 369 times)

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
  • Currently collecting again.
    • View Profile
Sirena Von Boo Body Switch
« on: March 15, 2020, 12:05:21 AM »
I’ve been wanting to switch my Serena into a body with legs, but am unsure of who would be a viable donor. I am currently thinking of Ari Hauntington ( reboot body with articulation doesn’t bother me much ) or a spectra. Sirena has a pearl glitter skin so I’m not sure.. Can someone give me advice or them two next to each other to see if Ari and Sirena would be a good match? I straightened sirena’s hair and now I want to keep her cause she’s just so cute!

Offline Manster Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Clawsome
    • View Profile
Re: Sirena Von Boo Body Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 03:01:01 AM »
Definitely Ari would be the best match or possibly haunted Spectra but she will be hard to find.
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
  • Currently collecting again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 02:57:51 PM »
Definitely Ari would be the best match or possibly haunted Spectra but she will be hard to find.
Alright, thanks! Yeah, I was thinking that too, I wonder if she’d be even better? I wish I had pics to compare lol.

Offline Bright Rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
  • Custom Dolls 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 01:25:21 AM »
I used Faybelle Thorn (EAH) for the two headed mermaid, I matched the skin to Sienna Von Boo and it’s nearly a match.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • Spread the skelelove! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:09:11 AM »
Apologies for only responding now, I'm not sure if you are still looking for this. While I unfortunately don't have Ari, I do have both Haunted Spectra and Sirena, so I took some pics for you of the two of them next to each other. I'm hoping someone who has both Ari and Haunted Spectra can also comment (I never had Ari, so I have no clue about her ^^;).

You can find more pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/AslZZTi
I wish I could say they are true to the dolls' IRL colours, but they aren't :| I just wasn't able to get it right no matter what background I tried, so here are some additional observations:

- Sirena has a colder, greyish/bluish sheen, where Spectra is definitely warmer, purplish with a little gold in it. I'm not sure how much the purple and the blue are only results of the hair and face-up messing with my observation, but I was trying to disregard that and look at the bodies only, and I could still see this difference
- None of their heads are perfect matches to their own bodies, but when comparing the heads to one anothers' bodies, I'd say putting Spectra's head on Sirena's body would work better than putting Sirena's head on Spectra's body, as (to me) the difference is the most noticeable between Sirena's head and Spectra's body, and especially in the arms. However, whity dolls are prone to yellowing, so it might only be that my doll is starting to yellow.

I think this head swap could work - especially considering neither of the original dolls have a perfect head-body match. I am a little picky/OCD, so the above might be a little exaggerated :P
:roch: :skel:

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:05:01 AM »
I wonder if you could blush Sirena’s head with a little gold color and make the match a bit better? A little gold mica powder or something?