collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

February 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Toy/doll items that complement MH  (Read 257 times)

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
    • Path to Harmony
Toy/doll items that complement MH
« on: January 30, 2021, 09:03:59 PM »
Hey ghouls!

I'm interested in what, if any toy/doll clothes/accessories/pets/etc. work well with Monster High aesthetics.

As MH is no longer being made, it's hard to find good quality MH stuff second hand (especially G1, as I prefer them over G2).

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Toy/doll items that complement MH
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 08:13:19 AM »
I know one way to get cool accessories for MH is to look at your local craft stores during Halloween. Sometimes they have miniature items made for 1:12 scale doll dioramas that also fit MH dolls really well. Unfortunately, Halloween only comes once a year, but there are definitely sites (maybe eBay?) that sell Halloween stuff year-round. 

I'd also check out Etsy. There are some shops on there that make awesome clothes/accessories specifically for MH and sometimes even specific characters. My personal favorite for clothes is Haunt Couture. There's also a shop called O'Sully Emporium that makes clothes for MH, and another called Pink Little Furniture that makes furniture designed for specific characters. I've never personally ordered from either of them, but they have some cute stuff posted and overall positive ratings. You do have to keep in mind though that doll stuff on Etsy can be pretty pricy, as everything is handmade.

Also, if you're the crafty type, you could always make your own accessories for your ghouls and mansters. I know you can find free printable accessories to make on sites like Pinterest. They're usually for Barbies, but they probably have printables for MH somewhere. A cool YouTube channel with tutorials on how to make doll-sized items is My Froggy Stuff. I highly recommend her if you do decide to craft some stuff. :)

Offline ponycatmeow

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »
1/6 to 1/12 scale items work  :)
Things like tiny food erasers work good, and world's smallest toys

Offline Kris

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
    • Instagram account for sincerely_ghoulia
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »
I like to redress dolls and here is what I've found:

Some Hairdorable Hairmazing stuff fits the dolls. In fact, it all pretty much fits but MH have longer torsos so the shirts may be more cropped. The Hairmazing shoes fit the Big Sister size perfectly, but so long as you don't expect the dolls wearing them to balance on their own,the shoes also work for regular MH dolls too . Boxy Girls, and Snapstars both have clothes that also mostly fit (again, it was just the different torso size, so avoid one peices, or alter them to be two pieces). Boxy girls shoes will fit the little sisters, again, so long as you don't expect them to stand balanced on their own.

Wild Heart Crew stuff fits the boys pretty well and was a good aesthetic match for Monster High. Wild Heart Crew shoes fits the Little Sisters almost perfectly.

Creatable world stuff works well for the dolls. Though they are more solid color/basic patterned ote,s than Monster High's monster-theme, they can mix and match with MH stuff really well. I especially like CW stuff for the boys. Shirts fit okay, jackets fit well but may be cropped, depending. Bottoms can fit but will need some adjusting. That's why sticker-backed velcro was invented though. Pants will probably require some adjustment, but may work.

OMG doll stuff can be hit or miss as far as fit goes. As a general rule of thumb, I've found separates work better than one pieces items. The tops can fit the Big Sisters almost perfectly (if cropped), and the little sisters also can fit these items, with a little overlap of cloth in the back. Jackets will fit little sisters, and  regular MH dolls but will look cropped. Stretchy pants will fit Big Sisters but be capri length, I've found. I think some of their prints and designs can pair really well with different ghouls' themes.

Hope this helps!

My Instragram Account is: @sincerely_ghoulia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal