collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

April 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: Idea: Apple has Raven's Destiny  (Read 437 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
Idea: Apple has Raven's Destiny
« on: February 20, 2020, 02:34:44 AM »
A lot has been said about how selfish and demanding Apple can come across as during the movies and webisodes, and her mother doesn't exactly help. But the more that I think about it, here's an idea for an AU or fanstory:

Apple has Raven's Destiny, and Raven has Apple's.

Hear me out; Raven already has a Prince Charming lined up; it's Dexter. Raven is all about doing good, wanting to do things her own way, Apple is more on the manipulative side and maintaining a perfect image. Apple has already learned that she doesn't have Daring as a Prince, and EAH seems to want to not fully give her Darling as a Charming.
So imagine a story where Apple turns rotten, and Raven is the subject of a curse instead.

Discuss!

Avatar Credit : Wookylee | Sig Credit : Seahawk270

MLP Gameloft Friend Code : 52b33c6 | MLPArena Account : Lady Frostbite

Offline Bright Rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
  • Custom Dolls 4 Life
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Apple has Raven's Destiny
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 03:49:27 AM »
I agree with you.

Hereís my head cannon:

Apple White poisonís Raven Queen, Dexter Charming comes to her rescue and kisses Raven breaking the curse.

Dexter and Raven are getting married and invite Apple White, who is then forced to dance in red hot shoes till she dies.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 06:07:00 PM »
I had this thought from nearly the beginning and honestly expected it to come up in the storyline eventually. From Apple having blonde hair instead of black (I think this is mentioned in "The Storybook of Legends"  book as being inconsistent with her story) to their personalities and motivations, it would make so much sense.

Outfit Swap by VanilleNell, on Flickr

Offline smileshy22

• MIB Signature Lagoona
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 07:26:46 PM »
That's an awesome and interesting theory! :D

Offline Wynnegen

• Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 10:19:52 PM »
I've been thinking about this since the thread started, and I came to my own conclusion: The fairy tale characters made a huge mistake trying to rig fate.

In every fairy tale, there's a moralistic sort of fate that plays a significant role. You don't become the hero of the story just by being beautiful or rich, but by showing character and acting morally.

For example, Snow White may not do much, but she's shown to be a kind young woman who is capable of adapting to inconvenient living conditions. However, her step mother is selfish and wants the title of 'Fairest of Them All' for herself. In fact, in the original story, she tries to seal this fate no less than three times, each time more extreme than the last (sound like anybody we know? *cough*Apple*cough*).

Anyways, fairy tale heroes were not driven by status. However, in Ever After High, status is what the school is meant to bestow upon the chosen (who all happen to be rich and extremely beloved for vain, vapid reasons). By following the "rules" of the Storybook of Legends, I feel that they are no longer fulfilling fate's requirements for heroes to inherit or save the world, rather they are going against it by oppressing others.

Each hero, in an attempt to secure the future for their children (a noble goal, but still), causes untold harm upon others. Of course, we don't see the machinations that go on in the adult realm of the Ever After High universe, but we do see small instances of vanity (such as Apple's mother's... well, entire existence in Dragon Games).

The more Apple tries to live up to these ideals that go against the very ideals of fairy tales, the more she appears as a villain. In the end, no matter how afraid the characters are of the stories disappearing, they refuse to acknowledge that in all essence a story cannot be repeated across generations. That just makes no sense. Trying to force it to repeat merely brings ruin.