collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

September 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30

Author Topic: What characters are missing from your collection?  (Read 2832 times)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
What characters are missing from your collection?
« on: February 14, 2020, 12:32:45 PM »
Recently I've been stalking a lot of MH dolls on Mercari, and I began to realize that despite wanting to own at least one version (preferably signature or first release) of every character, there's still a lot I haven't added to my collection: Jackson Jekyll, Elissabat, Neighthan Rot, Vandala Doubloons, all the Frightmares besides Flara Blaze, just to name a few. 

So I was wondering, for those of you who still actively collect and would like to own every character, what dolls do you need to add? Customizers, do you plan on making any OOAKs of characters that were never released? If there's characters you don't plan on collecting, what made you decide not to? I'm curious to see how everyone responds! :biggrin:

Offline Kris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Instagram account for sincerely_ghoulia
Re: What characters are missing from your collection?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:32:51 PM »
I don't plan to own all the characters, but I do wonder about whether there are characters I might want to add down the road too.

I recently did add both Kjersti and Operetta which is probably why I'm thinking about adding more characters lately. I'd love to add a Nefera and possibly a Moanica. I'm a little on the fence about Jackson and Holt as well though at least their prices are coming down (good for me if I do choose to add them; not so good I suppose for the sellers). I like the idea of adding a Skelita too but she is tricky as many of her dolls seem a trifly wall-eyed to me...
My Instragram Account is: @sincerely_ghoulia

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »
I need to get Treesa, who I should have nabbed when I had the chance.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Creeperific
  • Currently collecting again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »
I still need to get quite a few... Iím only 4 dolls away from completing my first waves and I still need the basic style dolls. I mostly try to get the rarer and harder to find dolls because they are such a pain to get most of the time. I think I need left: Robecca, Spectra, Jane, Twyla, Isi, Batsy, Kjersti, Ari, Bonita, Astranova, Avea, Catrine, Casta, Clawdia ( again ), Dayna, Elissabat, Elle Eedee, Gil, Gooliope, Honey ( again ), Heath ( again ), Kiyomi, Porter, Kala, Luna, Lorna, Marisol, Moanica, Mouscedes, Neighthan, River, Posea, Silvi, Sirena, Skelita, Slo-Mo, Vandala, Treesa, and Viperine ( again ). Iím not really wanting to collect all the dolls atm, but I have duplicates of characters I love. I wouldnít want all them right now because some characters I donít really care about.

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »
Oooh, fun idea for a thread!

I've never been a "collect 'em all" sort of collector - I just buy the dolls I like. So I was never out to get every character. Anyway, let's see.. here's who's missing from my collection:

Abbey - too glittery for my tastes, plus just not my cup of tea
Ari Hauntington - most of G2 didn't appeal to me
Astranova - the magnet gimmick put me off (plus the fact that she was exclusive to a huge playset ^^;), I'd get her if I found her cheap in the wild though
Bonita
Casta
C.A. Cupid - could never decide if I liked her or not; she was a "eh, I'll see if I like later releases better" doll for me. Then she went to EAH. x) She's nice enough, but I've never liked her enough to bother hunting one down on eBay or the like.
Dana Jones
Gigi/Whisp
Elle
Gooliope
Honey
Iris - might go for her if I found her cheap in the wild
Kala
Kjersti
Lorna
Marisol
Moanica - I'd probably have gotten her if she was G1, but there was just something about her face that didn't appeal to me
Operetta
Peri/Pearl
Posea - I was picky with the GSR line, I guess ^^;
Robecca
Sirena
Skelita - I *do* have a couple of Skelitas in my house, though, since my mum likes her and bought a couple :B But I don't own any personally.
Venus - idk I'm not big on the flocked hair thing, it always looks odd to me.
Zombie Gaga - not a Gaga fan
Treesa
the little bugs from the same line as Treesa - I actually do want these, but they were never released over here :( And I've never gotten round to looking for them online.
Caprice, Penepole, Pyxis - I love the Frightmares in general, but Caprice was too shiny for my tastes, and I'm not big on steampunk. Pyxis just didn't appeal, although I'd probably pick her up from a carboot sale or the like.
Cleo and Lagoona's siblings. Cleo's sibs are just pretty ugly IMO (plus the fact that one of them's a *baby* creeps me out, I know I'm overthinking it, but still. I did like his chair, though ;D I'd probably have bought the set just for that, but this wave never made it over here) and I'm just not a big fan of Lagoona to begin with.

plus all of the boys except Clawd, Hoodude and Neighthan, and all of the ghosts (except Skyra!). I like ghosts in general, but somehow the MH ones just didn't appeal to me? I dunno. I'm always picky about translucent toys, sometimes I like them and other times they just look weird to me.

Offline battygirl71

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 11:41:48 AM »
LOADS!!!!! I love Draculaura and spectra, so have quite a few of those still to get, don't get me started on all the Lagoona dolls i still want to find! :cry:

I did add a C. A Cupid doll from Ebay this week, I wasn't at all sure about her until i got her either, but she's really very nice, and i'm glad i decided to get her.

I have been told, from him who must be obeyed, that i must cut down on Ebaying, so i will have to have a go at finding more dolls in the wild. :(

Oh i'd really like the MH school as well but i don't think i could fit it in, or hide it if needs be! ;)

Offline respositob

• Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 02:04:29 PM »
I don't plan to own all the characters, but I do wonder about whether there are characters I might want to add down the road too.

I recently did add both Kjersti and Operetta which is probably why I'm thinking about adding more characters lately. I'd love to add a Nefera and possibly a Moanica. I'm a little on the fence about Jackson and Holt as well though at least their prices are coming down (good for me if I do choose to add them; not so good I suppose for the sellers). I like the idea of adding a Skelita too but she is tricky as many of her dolls seem a trifly wall-eyed to me...

I really hope you're able to find Nefera! She's a gorgeous doll, and I know I love mine. I think Moanica could be fun to add, too, especially since you have a story line going with your dolls and photography. There's so many possibilities as to what her and Ghoulia's relationship could be. :)

I need to get Treesa, who I should have nabbed when I had the chance.

I was lucky enough to be able to buy a complete, excellent condition Treesa from another Arena member. I hope you find her too some day! :)

I still need to get quite a few... Iím only 4 dolls away from completing my first waves and I still need the basic style dolls. I mostly try to get the rarer and harder to find dolls because they are such a pain to get most of the time. I think I need left: Robecca, Spectra, Jane, Twyla, Isi, Batsy, Kjersti, Ari, Bonita, Astranova, Avea, Catrine, Casta, Clawdia ( again ), Dayna, Elissabat, Elle Eedee, Gil, Gooliope, Honey ( again ), Heath ( again ), Kiyomi, Porter, Kala, Luna, Lorna, Marisol, Moanica, Mouscedes, Neighthan, River, Posea, Silvi, Sirena, Skelita, Slo-Mo, Vandala, Treesa, and Viperine ( again ). Iím not really wanting to collect all the dolls atm, but I have duplicates of characters I love. I wouldnít want all them right now because some characters I donít really care about.

That's a good idea, focusing on the rarer dolls first. I think it's good to prioritize/have a strategy when buying dolls, especially when there's a lot you want to collect. Good luck tracking down the characters you want! :)

Cleo and Lagoona's siblings. Cleo's sibs are just pretty ugly IMO (plus the fact that one of them's a *baby* creeps me out, I know I'm overthinking it, but still. I did like his chair, though ;D I'd probably have bought the set just for that, but this wave never made it over here) and I'm just not a big fan of Lagoona to begin with.

So that means Cleo's brother died as a baby and was mummified. Oof, I didn't even think of that! So creepy! But I agree, his highchair is adorable. :)

Oh i'd really like the MH school as well but i don't think i could fit it in, or hide it if needs be! ;)

Are you talking about the "Deadluxe" High School or the original one released in 2012? I actually own both, but I prefer the deluxe one because it comes with waist clips for the dolls that attach to the school so you can display them. Unfortunately, I don't have the space for it either right now. :( Its currently in storage. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll have room someday. :)

Offline Fantoma

• One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 04:53:35 PM »
I'm considering acquiring the entire "Haunted" series, as it is such a beautiful line. And if Spectra had been included in "Bloom & Gloom", I'd also be interested in that line. To me, these 2 were the best MH lines ever.
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline respositob

• Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 08:19:35 AM »
I'm considering acquiring the entire "Haunted" series, as it is such a beautiful line. And if Spectra had been included in "Bloom & Gloom", I'd also be interested in that line. To me, these 2 were the best MH lines ever.

Gloom & Bloom was one of my favorites, too. I only own two out of the five dolls, Catrine and Venus, but I would like to have the rest someday. Problem is, Cleo and Jinafire are so expensive! I guess I'll have to wait for a good deal. I do wonder what Spectra's design would have been if she was included in the line. :)

Offline battygirl71

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 11:39:18 AM »
Hello, sorry yes i meant  The original school, The deluxe one is lovely though but i wouldn't have room to put it on display, i couldn't justify buying them from Ebay, but if i ever see them at a charity shop, well i might be tempted!!

I've been giving more thought to my random earlier reply too. I would love the Forbitten love set, boxed or loose, loose i could play with them, moving them around and brushing Draculauras hair, I'd also quite like Gooliupe Jellington (is that spelt right?) if i ever see her in the wild too.

I'd also like to make up the rest of the Disembody council. I only have Slo Mo at the moment, and the Pack of Trouble set, I just have Clawdia and Howleen.

Oh and the pets, I dont have any of those, either! :biggrin: 

Offline Kris

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Instagram account for sincerely_ghoulia
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 10:34:21 PM »
I really hope you're able to find Nefera! She's a gorgeous doll, and I know I love mine. I think Moanica could be fun to add, too, especially since you have a story line going with your dolls and photography. There's so many possibilities as to what her and Ghoulia's relationship could be. :)

Thanks! And yes, I really like the possibility of Moanica and Ghoulia. In her profile, it said that Ghoulia had an older sister named Moanica. Pretty sure they trademarked the name, never used it and so gave it to Moanica D'Kay in the reboot, but it could be fun for Ghoulia's big sister to make an appearance (I've never seen the reboot films, so not sure if that would work at all).
My Instragram Account is: @sincerely_ghoulia

Offline Carrehz

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 08:57:56 AM »
Yeah, I was really disappointed when Moanica turned out to be a separate character and not Ghoulia's big sister. A zombie on the big sis mold would've been so cute! Then again, all the big sisters were cute ;)

Offline respositob

• Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »
Hello, sorry yes i meant  The original school, The deluxe one is lovely though but i wouldn't have room to put it on display, i couldn't justify buying them from Ebay, but if i ever see them at a charity shop, well i might be tempted!!

I've been giving more thought to my random earlier reply too. I would love the Forbitten love set, boxed or loose, loose i could play with them, moving them around and brushing Draculauras hair, I'd also quite like Gooliupe Jellington (is that spelt right?) if i ever see her in the wild too.

I'd also like to make up the rest of the Disembody council. I only have Slo Mo at the moment, and the Pack of Trouble set, I just have Clawdia and Howleen.

Oh and the pets, I dont have any of those, either! :biggrin:

Ooh, okay. The original school folds up almost completely flat, so it's much easier to store.

I have Clawd and his pet bulldog from the Forbitten Love two pack, although he's missing his watch. I don't have Draculaura, though, and I would love to own her, too. I have Gooliope Jellington, she's so pretty, I hope you find her someday. As for the Student Disembody Council set, I managed to get them all in box for pretty cheap off Mercari a few years ago. I believe Lagoona and Slo-Mo are overall my two favorites, but I adore Cleo and Scarah's dresses. I actually bought an extra of Cleo's dress because I love it so much! Scarah's dress is so clever; it has little screaming faces printed all over it. But I'm going off on a tangent here. :)

If I were you, I'd look into getting the pets because they're super cute. Plus, they're fun to display with the dolls. Sometimes you can find some in a lot with other MH pets on eBay or Mercari. Good luck in your doll hunts! :)

Thanks! And yes, I really like the possibility of Moanica and Ghoulia. In her profile, it said that Ghoulia had an older sister named Moanica. Pretty sure they trademarked the name, never used it and so gave it to Moanica D'Kay in the reboot, but it could be fun for Ghoulia's big sister to make an appearance (I've never seen the reboot films, so not sure if that would work at all).
Yeah, I was really disappointed when Moanica turned out to be a separate character and not Ghoulia's big sister. A zombie on the big sis mold would've been so cute! Then again, all the big sisters were cute ;)

I forgot all about Ghoulia's sister! It's a shame they decided against making her. I would have like a big sis zombie, too.

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 03:52:53 PM »
Aside from SDCC exclusives, I have at least one doll of almost every character in G1?  The only exceptions are Zomby Gaga, Treesa, Gooliope, and Peri/Pearl, and the only one of those I really want is the Gaga doll.  Peri/Pearl weren't interesting or articulated enough to be worth spending money on, and Treesa & Gooliope really only interest me as bait for customizing.

Oh, and I guess technically C.A. Cupid should be on the list, but I have her as an EAH doll.

G2 doesn't interest me, as I don't like what they did with the canon, and the dolls don't fit in with the originals when they're together, imo.  It really is too bad that Moanica was not made as Ghoulia's older sister.

Offline Bright Rabbit 1

• Create a Monster
  • Custom Dolls 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »
Only ones I need are Nefera, and Zombie Gaga

Offline battygirl71

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 10:46:52 AM »
Hi Respositob,
Thank you, yes i will start looking for the pets, for some reason Robecca steams penquin makes me smile when ever i have seen it on Ebay, so that is the one i would like to get first, i think.

Of course my Draculaura's will want their bats and Lagoonas their fish, gosh it's all never ending!!! but much fun!!!

Offline RevengeSeeker

• Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 02:41:02 AM »
I have all. Just missing the SDCC boys.

Offline QueenGab

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 11:23:59 AM »
What a fun thread idea!!! I love almost every MH doll except for the mansters, also I never added any Cleo, cause she is too 'normie' to my monstery collection haha. I never got Gooliope, Kala, Astranova (insane price), Ari H, most of the Draculaura dolls (she is my least fav doll) but I still own some, also most of the Clawdeen dolls...
The dolls that I would love to get my hands on: Wydowna, Gilda, Elissabat, River Styxx.

And then, there are dolls that I love and want to have every single release: Frankie, Lagoona, Rochelle, Venus, Twyla, and Abbey  :love:

Same!!! At first I was not sure about it but now I find it super cute (Haunted). And Bloom&Gloom is the preeetiest MH line, I wish they would have released more dolls, especially Lorna!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:10:12 AM by QueenGab »

Offline respositob

• Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 11:57:34 AM »
What a fun thread idea!!!

Oooh, fun idea for a thread!

Thanks, guys. I'm glad this thread is so popular! :biggrin:

Hi Respositob,
Thank you, yes i will start looking for the pets, for some reason Robecca steams penquin makes me smile when ever i have seen it on Ebay, so that is the one i would like to get first, i think.

Of course my Draculaura's will want their bats and Lagoonas their fish, gosh it's all never ending!!! but much fun!!!

I have Robecca's penguin (I believe her name is Captain Penny? I don't know for sure), and I agree with you, she's adorable!

Since I buy most of my dolls new, I've managed to collect all of the pets, with the exception of Jackson/Holt's chameleon Crossfade, and Shoo, Wydowna Spider's pet fly that came with her SDCC version. And I also managed to lose Nefera de Nile's pet scarab Azura (don't ask me how, lol), so she's missing too.  I don't have any of the pets that came with the G2 line Ghoul's Beast Pet, but I would like to own them. The more the merrier!

Offline Carrehz

• MIB Signature Toralei
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 01:35:27 PM »
The pets are one of the best parts of G2, IMO ^_^ They're so cute! I particularly love the vampire poodle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal