collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

May 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Hello! I haven’t been here in AGES! ID SITE HELP?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
Hello! I haven’t been here in AGES! ID SITE HELP?
« on: January 04, 2020, 09:30:09 PM »
Hey all!   I joined ages ago but haven’t been active.  I’m getting back into MH but am running into ID problems.

Most of my dolls are second hand and are naked or have the wrong clothes on which makes it tricky for a casual collector to ID them!

I’ve looked a bit but can’t find a site that is easy to use. Is there one that has pics of same doll all together?  Like, I have a nude Cleo and would like to compare pics if all releases so I can figure out which she is based on lip/ hair/eyes..

Any guidance appreciated!!

[Moved to Monster Discussion.  ~SaelaVe]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 11:35:07 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! I havenít been here in AGES! ID SITE HELP?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:13:06 AM »
You could try either the MH checklist http://mhcollector.com/checklist/ or just post images here.  Some of us might be able to help you out.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Kris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Instagram account for sincerely_ghoulia
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 10:21:27 AM »
I had a similar situation when I first started- got a bit lots of beat up, naked dolls. The site I found most helpful was the MH Merch website (https://mh-merch.com/) which allowed you to sort by character (I found that the most helpful. Just focus on the make-up and hair) or by doll line. T

The Monster High Wiki (https://monsterhigh.fandom.com/wiki/Abbey_Bominable/merchandise ) could also be helpful too, though it's a bit odd to navigate. I found going to the character's page and then clicking the merchandise the best way to get all the dolls of a certain characters together.

Good luck with your identification and sorting of the dolls!
Sometimes one site had a better/bigger photo than the other, so both were very helpful. Good luck!
My Instragram Account is: @sincerely_ghoulia

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 01:05:52 PM »
I'd like to recommend A Thousand Splendid Dolls from YouTube's guide on Flickr. She takes pictures from her own secondhand collection, so it's not a perfect/complete guide, but she includes facial closeups of the dolls she has. She also has separate pictures of the dolls' clothes, shoes, and accessories, if you need to ID those. Hope this helps!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal