collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

May 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Where are you CURRENTLY buying your MH dolls?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline QueenGab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Where are you CURRENTLY buying your MH dolls?
« on: December 01, 2019, 02:20:59 AM »
Hello everyone!

As we all know dolls are getting harder and harder to get, and from what I see in some places the prices are going super high, or they are really 'irregular' by that I mean that some 'not so rare' dolls are expensive and then others that I consider 'rare' are sometimes the same price. I exclude the super rare here.... those are always expensive ^^;

Anyway, I'm writing this because I'm in the hunt for Abbey 2017 collector's edition, when the doll first came out it was said that it would arrive to amazon Spain, I checked the prices on Amazon.com and she was at 30usd or so, so I thought I could always get her in there and pay the shipping, but I never did, hoping that I would get in here and now that I've tried to get her on Ebay or Amazon, the doll is just impossible to find, I find it hard to find her even listed anywhere for sale.. :blink:

So I thought maybe you had some tips on where to find dolls Online (in and outside the US) as I see the 'sightings' thread is hard to update as the dolls are no longer 'in store' :(

Thanks!! :love:

Offline RevengeSeeker

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: Where are you CURRENTLY buying your MH dolls?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:32:40 AM »
Iím getting all mine on eBay. Some I pay more but thereís no way Iíll find them somewhere else outside the US.

Offline Bright Rabbit 1

• Create a Monster
  • Custom Dolls 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 10:57:59 AM »
eBay only for Deuce Gorgon ad Jackson dolls (need some more for anime males who look female)

Offline padmasana

• Bad Box Hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 12:11:09 PM »
ebay.co.uk in the main.  Occasionally Amazon.co.uk for the later dolls.

Offline witchabyte

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • HEWWO?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 12:35:29 PM »
Gosh, was collector's Abbey really 2 whole years ago... Anyway, echoing eBay, but I also hunt Facebook sales, Tumblr destash posts, and this very forum! Buying from other collectors is how I built up most of my collection, it's a lot easier to get a good condition / complete doll from another collector IMO.

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Beast Friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 01:10:01 PM »
I'm agreeing with everyone else. eBay is the best place to find MH dolls nowadays.  I also shop on Mercari, which is very similar to eBay, but they don't have as big a selection. Although, MH dolls do tend to be cheaper on Mercari.

Offline QueenGab

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:34:19 AM »
Gosh, was collector's Abbey really 2 whole years ago... Anyway, echoing eBay, but I also hunt Facebook sales, Tumblr destash posts, and this very forum! Buying from other collectors is how I built up most of my collection, it's a lot easier to get a good condition / complete doll from another collector IMO.

Wow I never thought of Tumblr! will have a look, also FB market place, I also do prefer to get them from collectors, the dolls are in better condition :D and yeah! 2 whole years I was like... sure it won't be hard to find.. and THEN ^^;  :bawl:

Post Merge: December 06, 2019, 02:35:58 AM

I'm agreeing with everyone else. eBay is the best place to find MH dolls nowadays.  I also shop on Mercari, which is very similar to eBay, but they don't have as big a selection. Although, MH dolls do tend to be cheaper on Mercari.

Yeah.. the things is I find ebay super expensive (Europe based sellers) and the shipping costs are insane, sometimes the doll and the shipping are the same price, even though they ship from Europe... I use second hand apps like Mercari, but u are right there's less dolls there so it's a matter of being lucky!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:37:19 AM by QueenGab »

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
  • Everyday is Halloween!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 08:42:28 PM »
I have gotten so many from flea markets. Some from eBay and a few off fb.

Offline Aery

• Crafty Kitty of Chaos
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
    • My toy blog
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 06:53:49 AM »
There are a few Monster High dolls and some bits and pieces that I would still like to add to my collection.  The dolls are still in the thrift stores all the time here in Canada.  I'd say it's unlikely you'll find a specific thing you're looking for at a secondhand store, but I found an almost-complete Nefera on my birthday last year, so you never know! 

As loathesome as FB is, it does seem to be a great place to get secondhand stuff.  What about Discord btw?  There are some doll servers, I wonder if people do sales/trades through that?  And instagram - do people on that platform do destash posts and stuff like on Tumblr?

Offline battygirl71

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 11:11:27 AM »
Hello everybody. Yes i mostly get my MH dolls through Ebay, if i'm lucky i can sometimes find the odd dolly at the local charity shops around me here in the UK. but they are mostly nude ones.

to be honest I was going to sell them or some of them, then when i'd decided too I started looking at them all again and fell in love once more! so i'm keeping them all and have just added a couple from Ebay, today! :biggrin:

Offline furyXIV

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • in parentheses, let me stress the fact clearly
    • View Profile
    • Drawings, Plush, and Dolls
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »
It's luck-based, but I've been getting my dolls at the thrift store   ^^;
I dream of a day where I have shelves

Offline Starshine

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
    • Custom plush and kawaii goods
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 08:03:55 PM »
Mostly Facebook marketplace in lots, have a bunch I need to put up for trade. eBay here and there too if I want someone special. Right now I'm just trying to build up so I can thin out the collection later.
Seeking: Isi, Batsy, Luna + Porter, Mouscedes, Batsy, Treesa, Silvi

Offline MintyMints

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Fearleader
  • Meow Mix, Meow Mix please deliver!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 09:57:40 PM »
Mostly thrifting and FB marketplace :) Monster High is super fun to find at flea markets!

Follow me on Instagram!
{~I buy Winx Club dolls~}

Offline QueenGab

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »
There are a few Monster High dolls and some bits and pieces that I would still like to add to my collection.  The dolls are still in the thrift stores all the time here in Canada.  I'd say it's unlikely you'll find a specific thing you're looking for at a secondhand store, but I found an almost-complete Nefera on my birthday last year, so you never know! 

As loathesome as FB is, it does seem to be a great place to get secondhand stuff.  What about Discord btw?  There are some doll servers, I wonder if people do sales/trades through that?  And instagram - do people on that platform do destash posts and stuff like on Tumblr?

I have actually found some Instagram posts of people selling dolls, some shops trying to clear what they have left and also collectors, I found them on #monsterhighdollsforsale, but I don't know if I would dare to buy dolls in there!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal