collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

January 2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Author Topic: The death of Monster High  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Bright Rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Custom Dolls 4 Life
    • View Profile
Re: The death of Monster High
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 11:29:58 PM »

I have no idea how or why Mattel screwed up such a surefire thing, such a hit toy, but they did it.

I actually never understood why, but the other day I was watching the Barbie episode of 'The toys that made us' a documentary on toys on Netflix, and I realized that they would kill ANY brand to save Barbie.

Because MH was selling better than EAH and Barbie and whatnot, they decided to stop putting so much effort on it as it was threatening Barbie on the long run... I also found this article on it very interesting:

https://adage.com/article/datadriven-marketing/mattel-discovered-monster-high-cannibalized-barbie/302717

I wish they would have kept both! Barbie and MH are solid brands! :sad:

Instead of killing Monster High, Mattel should’ve upped Barbie’s image. Like having the Fashionista dolls have more articulated bodies, or Chelsea without those horrible moulded tops.

The only reason why Barbie was failing the sales of dolls is because of said things I said.

Offline Wynnegen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
Re: The death of Monster High
« Reply #21 on: Today at 06:16:16 AM »
I don't know if Barbie killed Monster High. That wouldn't make much sense, since Mattel needs that money. Plus, every line of their's lately not Barbie has just stumbled out the gate into obscurity.

Anyways, I actually came here to say somebody made this unbacked claim on Wikipedia that there'll be a new Monster High movie in 2020. I've checked this person's user history, and they seem to have a history of making things up (to the point that they're currently banned)

I mean, we know there's finally going to be a new Barbie movie after quite some time, so could it be true?