collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Fun Finds for Dolls  (Read 414 times)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
Fun Finds for Dolls
« on: April 22, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »
EDIT: Just realized I accidentally posted this in the Off Topic section. :blush: Mods, feel free to move to the Other Dolls section!

I think we had a topic like this once a long time ago, but with the Arena being so quiet, it couldn't hurt to make a new one! :)

I'm always looking for new props for my dolls. Whenever I'm in Target, I always check out their dollar section to see if If they're any cool items. I remember last Halloween I found a fashion doll-sized tombstone. Earlier this year, I picked up a mini plastic succulent to use for my American Girl dolls' dollhouse. Also, Hobby Lobby has a entire section of fairy tale themed charms that are perfect to use as decor for EAH dolls!

So, what are some cool things you guys have found for your dolls?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:09:19 PM by respositob »

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Monster Hunter
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
Re: Fun Finds for Dolls
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »
Mostly I scour ebay and amazon. Lately I've fallen in love with one of my customs and she's basically my OC at this point. She's the daughter of Slimer from Ghostbusters and I bought a doll-sized toaster for her recently since GB2 has a 'dancing' toaster scene. I like to think she adopted the dancing toaster. So now she gets to have her little toaster friend.

Other than that I just enjoy seeing what accessories there are for dolls. I don't have dolls in scale with American girl or Our Generation dolls but I just like looking at the cool stuff you can get for them anyways.

Offline respositob

• Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:06 AM »
Mostly I scour ebay and amazon. Lately I've fallen in love with one of my customs and she's basically my OC at this point. She's the daughter of Slimer from Ghostbusters and I bought a doll-sized toaster for her recently since GB2 has a 'dancing' toaster scene. I like to think she adopted the dancing toaster. So now she gets to have her little toaster friend.

Other than that I just enjoy seeing what accessories there are for dolls. I don't have dolls in scale with American girl or Our Generation dolls but I just like looking at the cool stuff you can get for them anyways.

A dancing toaster? That's a fantastic idea for a "pet!" Not to go off topic, but does the Daughter of Slimer have a name?

I love looking at American Girl and Our Generation accessories, too. I have over ten AG dolls, so I do own a bunch of goodies for them! I like that their pieces are bigger than 1:6 scale dolls', so they're harder to lose. I think some of my favorites have to be these little milkshakes I got from AG. They're super realistic looking!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:52:28 AM by respositob »

Offline Evilunicorn

• Monster Hunter
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »

A dancing toaster? That's a fantastic idea for a "pet!" Not to go off topic, but does the Daughter of Slimer have a name?

I love looking at American Girl and Our Generation accessories, too. I have over ten AG dolls, so I do own a bunch of goodies for them! I like that their pieces are bigger than 1:6 scale dolls', so they're harder to lose. I think some of my favorites have to be these little milkshakes I got from AG. They're super realistic looking!
I named her Oozie :) Also for doll accessories the brand that makes the 5 surprise balls has made 'mini brands' and they're perfectly sized for AG dolls and some accessories are in a good  scale with other dolls too.

Offline respositob

• Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »

I named her Oozie :) Also for doll accessories the brand that makes the 5 surprise balls has made 'mini brands' and they're perfectly sized for AG dolls and some accessories are in a good  scale with other dolls too.

Ooh! I'll have to check them out, then.

Also, Oozie. Perfect name! I love it!  :)

Offline lilyflower332

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:24:51 AM »
Dollar stores can occasionally have nice things. I have found the phone cases that are shaped like mini chairs, mini plastic plants, sometimes fun erasers work for food items..I know at my dollar general they often have mini string lights for holidays and dollar tree has several colors during halloween. I also like using dollar tree scarves in the dollhouse, for curtains or bedding as they have so many fun designs seasonally.